Status: Completed (being revised)

It Can't Rain All the Time.

Chapter Two

“It feels good to be back,” Adam mentioned as we entered the Great Hall.

I nodded in agreement, and stopped in the middle of the room to look at the other students. I smiled as a group of girls started to dance around in excitement when they spotted a friend.

“What house do you think our sister will be in?” my brother asked.

“I don’t know,” I looked at him and shrugged. “May—“

“I hope she's in Slythern,” a voice interrupted from behind me.

I groaned knowing who it was and turned to look him with a glare

“Go away,” I whined.

That smirk grew bigger, “Now, why should I do that when I can ruin your day?”

“You can never ruin my day Malfoy,” I smiled widely. “I just have to think of the look on your face when I pushed you out of the compartment this morning.”

The smirk vanished as I batted my eyelashes at him then turned around.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” I told my brother, who was shaking his head with a smile.

He nodded as I walked towards the table under the red banners and frowned with I didn’t see a familiar face. Suddenly, arms wrapped around my waist and someone kissed my cheek.

“I missed you,” a voice whispered in my ear.

Smiling, I turned around and looked into familiar green eyes, “I missed you too.”

The person smiled, and grasped my chin gently. Time stood still as our lips touched, and I forgot where I was. His mouth was so familiar, so tender that I reached up and tangled my hands in his hair as his arms around my waist tightened in anticipation. He pecked my lips one last time, and pulled away as I tried to catch my breath. He opened his mouth to say something when I was ripped out of his arms, and swung around.

“Andy,” someone shouted in my ear.

I laughed as I was put down and hugged really tight.

“I missed you,” Ronald Weasley said and pulled away with a delighted look.

I chuckled at him, “I’ve missed you too Ron. “

“What about me?” a softer voice asked.

I looked behind my friend and grinned as I caught a glimpse of brown hair. Untangling myself from Ron, I launched at my best friend and wrapped her in a hug.

“Hermione,” I yelled.

“Andy, air,” she laughed, “I need air.”

I pulled away quickly, “Sorry.”

She shook her head with a smile as Harry pulled me into his side and the Great Hall doors opened to reveal the first years. We sat at the Gryffindor table as Professor Mcgonagall brought them up to the podium and started to call off names.

“Nathan Jackson.”

A small boy with brown hair walked up to the stool and jumped in surprise when the Sorting Hat started to talk.

“RAVENCLAW!”

The table under the blue banners clapped with joy as he got off and smacked their hands.

“Lena Blake,” McGonagall called moments later and my sister sat down with a scared look.

“HUFFLEPUFF!” It yelled.

I clapped along with the table as she ran towards them then paid attention to the rest of the sorting. Seconds later, I felt a hand on my thigh tracing the outline of my leg and I looked up at Harry with a frown.

“Behave,” I whispered harshly and pushed it off.

I shook my head in annoyance as he chuckled and watched when the food started to fill the table after Dumbledore ended his speech. Ron grinned happily and began loading his plate.

“Really Ronald?” Hermione said and looked at him with disgust.

“Whwet?” he asked with a mouth full of food.

“Never mind,” she retorted disapprovingly and grabbed some potatoes.

Harry and I laughed as we enjoyed the rest of the feast with our friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it is so short. I wanted this chapter to just be a fill in to introduce everyone. Thanks for reading!