Status: Completed (being revised)

It Can't Rain All the Time.

Chapter Five

I laid awake the next morning as the sun shined through the window to light up the dormitory like fireworks during a festival. I didn’t sleep last night because my mind kept wandering to what happened yesterday. I know the kiss didn't mean anything and Malfoy probably did it just to get a rise, but it was annoying the hell out of me. I growled and turned over onto my side to stare at the wall. Kissing was supposed to be a way to show someone you cared about them and wasn’t supposed to be used as a way to get under someone’s skin.

“I hate him,” I mumbled.

“Who do you hate?” someone asked.

I turned over onto my back and looked at Hermione's bed as she stared at me with tired eyes.

“Nobody, “ I replied with a sigh. “Just have something on my mind.”

“Want to talk about it?”

“No,” I pushed the covers off and got out of bed.

Gathering my clothes, I walked into the bathroom to get ready for the day and jumped in the shower, wondering if I should tell Harry or not. Making my way towards breakfast twenty minutes later, I noticed Hermione looking at me when I left the room. Probably because we usually walk down together, but I needed to be alone. This thing that happened with Malfoy was really bugging me and I needed to know why it happened. I spotted him laughing with a group of friends when I got closer to the Great Hall, and I opened my mouth to shout when someone stopped in front of me.

“Hey sis,” Adam greeted with a smile.

I looked over his shoulder and watched Malfoy stroll into the Great Hall, disappearing out of my sight.

“What?” I growled and looked at my brother with an annoyed expression.

“What’s got your knickers in a twist?” he asked with a frown, taken aback by my sudden tone.

“I’m sorry, “ I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. “I didn’t get much sleep last night, so I'm a little cranky.”

“A little?” he began with a grin, “you’re always a bitch in the morning.”

“Shut up,” I laughed and hit him playfully.

“Ow, that hurt,” he stated and rubbed his shoulder. “Why do you always have to hit me?”

“Because you deserve it,” I smirked and crossed my arms.

“You’re mean,” he started with a pout.

“You love me,” I mentioned and kissed his cheek.

“Sure,” he rolled his eyes. “Walk to breakfast with me.”

I nodded and he bowed to offer his hand with a grin. I laughed and we skipped down the hallway liked those people did in that movie with the dog. What was it? The Wizard of Something? I couldn't remember. Adam kissed me on the cheek when we entered the Great Hall and I waved.

“Good morning,” Harry greeted with a smile as I sat down and leaned in to kiss me.

“Hi,” I choke out and turned my head so he kissed my cheek instead.

Harry frowned and turned away from me to pick at his food with a fork. I sighed quietly. I should tell him, but I knew he would overreact. The kiss didn’t mean anything to Malfoy and it sure as hell meant nothing to me, so why ruin his day? Not wanting to tell him right now, I finished up the bagel I grabbed and said goodbye to everyone to walk towards my first class. The morning passed by as blur and soon enough, I was in Potions waiting for Malfoy so I could confront him.

“Hey,” Ron said from beside me and made me jump in surprise.

“Hey,” I responded and looked at him. “You scared me.”

“What was with you this morning?” he asked and sat on the side of my desk.

“What do you mean?” I replied confused.

“You didn’t even say hi to me or Hermione this morning,” he began, “and you blew off Harry.”

“I didn—“

“Buzz off Weasebee,” Malfoy interrupted and took his seat next to me.

Ron glared and walked over to his desk as I looked at Malfoy with a glare.

“We need to talk.”

“We do?” he asked and opened his potions book.

“Yes,” I stated.

“About?”

“About last night.”

“What about last night?”

I narrowed my eyes in annoyance, “You know what about.”

“Hm, I can’t seem to remember,” he begun and tapped his chin lightly, “You have to refresh my memory.”

I wanted to yell at him when Snape walked in and told everyone to turn page ninety-six. I thought about what was the best way to murder someone for the next hour and jumped when the class bell rang. Quickly gathering things, I followed behind Malfoy and grabbed his arm. I pushed him into an empty classroom without noticing Ron.

“Honestly Blake,” Malfoy began with a smirk and walked over to a desk to sit on it, “if you wanted me alone all you had to do was ask.”

“Shut up,” I told him and closed the door to glare at him. “Why did you kiss me?”

“I didn’t kiss you,” he replied and tilted his head towards to side like dogs do when they are
confused. “I think you’re imagining things.”

“I did not,” I yelled and stomped my foot like a child. “You kissed me knowing I would stay up all night thinking about it.”

He jumped off the desk and walked towards me with a grin, “You thought about me last night?”

“That’s not what I meant,” I told him and slapped away his hand when he went to grab my waist.

He caught it and brought my face closer to his with a wider grin, “What did you mean then?”

I narrowed my eyes and snatched my hand back to push him away roughly, “Don’t play dumb with me.”

“I didn’t kiss you last night, “he retorted and shook his head sadly. “Your obsessiveness over me is getting kind of creepy. I think you should see a doctor.”

“Excus—“

“We should meet at 8.00 tonight,” he interrupted, patted my shoulder and walked passed me.

“I’m not done with you yet,” I shouted as he disappeared into the hallway. “Malfoy!”

I growled as the door closed behind him than stomped out of the room to head to my next class. The rest of the day passed quickly as I made my way towards the common room. Sitting down near the fireplace, I placed my books on a nearby table and curled myself on the couch. Resting my head against the arm chair, I glanced around and wondered where everyone was when my eyes started to close. What seemed like minutes later, I felt the couch sink in as someone sat down and stroke my cheek.

“Wake up, love,” a voice said.

I groaned and opened my eyes to see Harry.

“Good morning, sleepy head,” he smiled.

I sat up and stretched out my body, “What time is it?”

“Almost 8:00,” he replied and took my hand to kiss it.

“I need to go meet Malfoy for the project,” I began and pulled my hand back to get up, “so I’ll see you later okay?”

He nodded and I kissed him goodbye then made my way towards the library. I narrowed my eyes as I saw Malfoy reading a book and sat down across from him abruptly.

“Admit it.”

“This again?” he asked and glanced up with a smirk. “I’m beginning to think you’re in love with me.”

“Ugh,” I yelled and got up from the table to walk over to the books.

I give up. If he wants to forget about it than that’s actually what I am going to do. Grabbing a book on the Polyjuice potion, I skimmed through it and walked back to tell Malfoy about it when I found the table empty.

“Where did you go?” I asked and glanced around confused.

Suddenly, the book was ripped away as I was pushed up against a bookcase. Malfoy grabbed my hands to put them above my head.

“I did kiss you,” he admitted and whispered in my ear.

“Why didn’t you tell me when I asked earlier?” I muttered and looked at him, realizing his eyes had a hint of gray in them.

“I like your reactions.”

“I hate you.”

He smirked and removed his hands from my wrist to place them around my waist. He nudged the side of my cheek with his nose, and brought our bodies closer. He pulled my hair lightly to expose my neck and laid a kiss on it.

“I don’t think so.”

I didn’t have time to say anything because he was ripped away and thrown to the ground. As Harry started to punch him, I ran over to grab his arm and was pushed away roughly.

"Stop it,” I yelled and yanked him off.

We were both breathing heavily as I glanced down at Malfoy to see if he was alright and looked up again.

“It’s not what it looks like,” I began.

Harry laughed and ran his hands through his hair in aggravation, “I didn’t believe Ron at first.”

“What do you mean?” I asked perplexed.

“He saw you push Malfoy into an empty classroom earlier and thought you two had a thing, so he told me. I denied it at first and said you would never do that, but I guess I was wrong.”

“Harry—“

“No,” he interrupted and backed away when I tried to reach for him.

“Please,” I begged and felt my eyes water as I dropped my arms to my side.

He stared at me with an angry expression, “I can’t believe you did this.”

“We weren’t doing anything.”

“I saw you,” he yelled and came closer.

“It was a joke Harry,” I told him hopefully. “There’s nothing going on with Malfoy and me.”

He shook his head, walked out of the library as a small tear run down his face and my heart closed around itself. Realizing I should have pushed Malfoy away when I had the chance, I glanced down to see him holding his jaw with tears in my eyes and followed after Harry. As I made my way through the hallway, I couldn’t ignore the butterflies I felt for the certain Slytherin, which just made the whole situation worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
So bare with me if there are any grammar issues or anything. I am having a beta look over this :) Anyway, I am dedicating this chapter all the subscribers and to the people who have commented so far! Thank you for the support and hoped you enjoyed this part!