Status: Completed (being revised)

It Can't Rain All the Time.

Chapter Eight

I watched the ceiling fan above me as Adam’s snores filled his bedroom. Turning my attention to the nightstand on my left, I saw the alarm clock flash 3am and groaned, realizing I haven’t slept more than twenty minutes. I let the events from yesterday afternoon replay in my mind, hoping to figure out what had happened. All I remember is, dropping my things off in Adam’s room and walking out as Blake almost run into me, in nothing but a towel. My thoughts and judgments flew out of my head after that and all I kept asking myself was did she taste as good as she looked. I didn’t just want to kiss her; I craved her with an undeniable passion. I needed to learn every curve of her body, needed to know what she looked like when she broke and I wasn’t sure what that meant. Girls were supposed to feel this way towards me, were supposed to want to be with me, not the other way around. I was Draco Malfoy for god sakes, the Slytherin God, and the boy who was known for breaking hearts. I wasn’t known for being nice and defiantly wasn’t known for the way I felt yesterday. Growling in annoyance, I got out of bed and made my way towards the door. I glanced over at Adam as he mumbled something in his sleep and walked into the hallway. Once I got into the kitchen, I saw Lena sitting at a counter, holding a cup in her hand.

“What do you have there?” I asked walking over to her.

“Hot chocolate,” she answered shyly and looked up at me.

“Mind if I have some and join you?”

Lena shook her head no and pointed at the kettle on the stove. Grabbing a cup, I poured some for myself and sat next to her. She glanced at me then hid her face behind her brown hair. My lips tugged up in a smile as I sipped my drink, feeling it burn its way down my throat.

“Why do you hate Andrea?” she asked moments later.

Placing my cup on the table, I stared at her, “I don’t hate her.”

She turned in the chair revealing her face, “Than why are you mean to her?

“She’s in Gryffindor,” I began shrugging, “and I was taught to hate anyone who wasn’t in my house and not a pureblood.”

“That’s not right.”

“What do you mean?”

“You shouldn’t judge people because they’re different then you.”

I sighed playing with the cup handle, “That’s how I was raised Lena.”

“You’re your own person,” she began, “and should let yourself be who you want to be, instead of allowing others make that decision for you. I might not understand what your family is like but if you continue to push people away because of them, you’ll be alone and that’s a sad why to live life.”

I smiled, “Maybe you’re right.”

She nodded, finished her drink and got up to place the cup in the sink. Turning to look at me, she walked over and gave me a hug. Shocked, I didn’t react at first.

“I think you’re nice Draco and I don’t want you to be alone,” she told me and kissed my cheek.

I shook my head as she left and walked up the stairs. Who knew an eleven year old can be so smart. Finally feeling tired, I cleaned up the kitchen and turned off the lights. I sighed as my body hit the bed once I reached the bedroom and closed my eyes but not before agreeing with Lena. I woke up the next morning to silence and realized Adam wasn’t around. Figuring everyone was awake and downstairs, I got up to get ready. I finished buttoning my shirt on the way downstairs and stopped, spotting Andrea hanging decorations on a Christmas tree that was near the living room window. Her brown hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail, leaving some pieces to frame her face. A small smile was on her lips as she reached to place an ornament on the tree, which made her shirt roll up to reveal a flat stomach. Frowning, I looked away as I rubbed my chest, not understanding the rapid beating of my heart. Hearing a commotion coming from the kitchen, I ignored my feelings and watched Blake walk towards the door in confusion. She opened it and ducked as something flew past her head. I walked over, peaked over her head and saw Adam running around the kitchen as Lena sat on the corner throwing something at him.

“What happened?” Blake asked laughing and leaned against the doorframe.

“She wanted pancakes, ow!” Adam stopped and glared as Lena hit him in the forehead. She laughed and threw another one. He ducked as it landed in the sink and turned to look at us, “but I told her we ran out of milk so I gave her cereal bars and that’s when she started throwing them at me!”

Blake put a hand over her mouth, trying not to laugh. I shook my head in amusement as Adam glared at her before glancing over to look at his other sister, who had a grin on her face.

Blake composed herself and narrowed her eyes, “Stop it right there missy.”

Lena’s hand stopped above her head and looked at us with a guilty expression. Blake pushed off the doorframe and walked over towards the counter.

“It’s not nice to throw things especially at your brother,” she said taking the cereal bar out of her hand.

Lena bowed her head down in embarrassment, “Sorry.”

Blake shook her head and lifted Lena’s chin, “How about I take you out for pancakes?”

“Okay!” she shouted happily and ran out of the kitchen to get ready.

Adam’s eyes followed her, “Evil child.”

Blake laughed and jump up to sit on the counter, “She’s not evil.”

“The hell she isn’t, “ he began and looked at Blake. “Take Draco with you.”

“Why?” she asked a little shocked

“Because I said so.”

“Fine.”

She jumped off and walked passed without looking at me. Sighing, I said goodbye to Adam and grabbed my things that were near the front door. Andrea came down moments later as I was putting on my shoes with Lena right behind her.

“Let’s go,” she ordered and walked out.

I nodded as Lena grabbed my hand. I smiled down at her and we followed after Blake. Seconds later, we were walking through the streets of Diagon Alley towards a pub that sold breakfast. We sat ourselves in the back and a waiter came over.

“My name is David, “ he began looking at us. “What can I get everyone?”

“I’ll have a cup of coffee and eggs with home fires,” I said glancing over the menu.

“What about you gorgeous?”

Gorgeous?

I looked up and found him grinning at Blake. I felt anger swirl throughout my body as my breath became harsh and shallow. My hands automatically clinched the menu tightly, itching to swing out and rearrange his face. She smiled sweetly and gave him her order as well as Lena’s. He nodded, winked at her and walked away towards the kitchen. He came back twenty minutes later, carrying a tray with food on it. Giving everyone their orders, he turned and looked at Blake with a smile.

“I have something for you, “ he said and handed her a piece of paper with writing on it.

I snatched it out of her hand before she had a chance to read it. She started yelling but I ignored her and opened the note.

Call me and we can hang out. I think you’re really pretty :)
609-456-1234
-David


Growling, I crumbled the note in my hand and felt one of my knuckles crack as I punched the waiter in the face. He landed on the floor with a bloody nose and I walked out of the pub without looking back. I knew what I was feeling. I was bloody jealous of the dumb bloke. He had no right to give her this note. She was with me and he should have realized that. I heard Blake tell Lena to stay inside and come running after me. She grabbed my arm and turned me around.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” she yelled looking at me with an angry expression and her nose squinted in irritation.

My anger disappeared as I watched her lips form words and had that urge to kiss them. I closed the distances between us and rubbed my thumb over her lower lip and she stopped talking. My heart skipped a beat as her eyes glazed over with desire. Grabbing her chin, I claimed her lips as my own and finally realized something.

I was falling for her and have been ever since we were partnered up in Potions.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long! I had some things I needed to do for the last couple of days but anyway, I hope you like this one! I was having a hard time written it but I think it's okay. Thanks again to the subscribers and those who've recently commented! Let me know what you think!