Status: Completed (being revised)

It Can't Rain All the Time.

Chapter Nine

I looked at Malfoy across the kitchen table, ignoring the sound of silverware hitting plates. Ever since yesterday, all I could think about was the kiss we shared. It was intimate, passionate and heart-felt. It made my toes curl, made me weak in the knees but most of all, it made me question everything. Malfoy look up from his food to stare at me. He leaned back against his chair with a smirk, knowing exactly what was going through my mind. Cocky bastard.

“Andy, did you hear me?” my brother asked from beside me.

I jump in surprise, forgetting there were other people in the room. Malfoy laughed and I kicked him under the table, earning myself a glare. I smiled sweetly at him and looked towards my left.

“What did you say?”

Adam shook his head in amusement, “I asked if you wanted to go sledding today.”

I saw Lena wiggling in her sit nodding her head yes and I laughed, “Sure.”
She jumped out of her seat and quickly ran upstairs to get ready. Adam began cleaning the table as I got up and made my way to the laundry room. I looked in a basket to search for gloves when the door behind me shut. I turned and watched Malfoy lock the doorknob before walking over to me.

“What are you doing?” I whispered as he wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up.

“What does it look like?”

He placed me on top of the drying and stood between my legs. Grabbing my face in his hands, he leaned down to kiss me but I stopped him with a hand on his chest.

“Stop it,” I began looking at his blue eyes. “Someone could see us.”

He smirked, “I locked the door remember?”

“So? Maybe this wasn’t a good idea. We shou—“

He interrupted by kissing me and everything thought I had flew out the window. He titled my head back gently and deepened the kiss as I wrapped my legs around his waist, letting my hands tangle in his hair. His lips were soft and gentle with a little bit of roughness, kind of like his personality. He could be nice and sweet but there would always be a toughness there. My hands curled around his shirt to lift it above his head when there was a knock on the door.

“Andy, are you ready? Lena is practically bouncing off the walls over here,” my brother said with a laugh then tried to turn the doorknob. “Why is the door locked?”

I pushed Malfoy away roughly and jumped off the dryer, “I was getting changed.”

“Oh okay. Well, hurry up and if you see Draco, tell him to hurry up too. I can’t seem to find him.”

I waited until his footsteps disappeared before hitting the person in front of me.

“What was that for?” Malfoy asked rubbing his chest.

“For doing what you did,” I began while walking passed him and searching for a beanie and scarf, “He could have seen us.”

Malfoy grabbed my hands and turning my body towards his, “The door was lock.”

“And what if it wasn’t Draco?” I asking glancing down and shaking my head.

He grabbing my chin and lifted it to look at me, “You called me Draco.”

I opened my mouth than closed it, realizing I did. It had felt right calling him Draco instead of Malfoy and maybe that was the problem.

“That’s beside the point.”

“I liked it.”

I sighed and stepped away from him, “The kiss yesterday was a mistake and what just happened was a mistake.”

“It wasn’t a mistake,” he said while staring at me with a determined look. “It felt right and you know it.”

“No, it didn;t.” I told him. “I have a boyfr—“

He silenced me by closing the gap between us and putting his fingers on my lips, “Let’s talk about this later okay? Your little sister wants to go sledding before it gets dark.”

He kissed my forehead before opening the door and walking out. I leaned against the wall and just thought. I completely forgot about Harry until now. Kissing Malfoy, I mean Draco, made me forget everything that was around me. I used to feel that way with Harry but it wasn’t him this time. It was someone else, someone who has been his enemy since first year, and I wasn’t sure how I felt about that. I always thought Harry and I would get married someday but that future was looking a little grim, all because of one kiss. Feeling the guilt starting to settle in, I put on clothes that would keep myself warm and walked towards the front door when I finished.

“Took you long enough,” my brother said as I reached them and put on my coat.

I looked over at Draco than back at Adam, “Sorry, I couldn’t find my gloves.”

“You okay?” he asked with a concerned expression. “It looks like something is bothering you.”

I nodded and we all walked out into the snow. There was a hill right behind the house that was a mile away. Adam, Lena and I used to go there all the time when it started snowing, mainly to get away from the parents for the day when they were around. It was a place that we called home. I walked behind everyone as we made our way up, enjoying the way snowflakes fell against the ground and covered the trees. Once we reached the top, Lena grabbed my brother’s hand and pulled him towards her sled, leaving Draco and I to watch them go down. He placed the sled his was carrying on the ground, sat on it and looked up at me.

“Hop on.”

“I don’t think so.”

“Come on, I don’t bite,” he began smirking, “much.”

I sighed and climbed behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. He glanced back at me before pushing us off the edged. I gasped and held him tighter as I laughed, feeling myself relax for the first time today. A couple of hours later, we walked up to the house cold and tired.

“Come with me,” Draco told me as my brother and sister walked up the porch and closed the door behind them.

He grabbed my hand and started pulling me in the opposite direction.

“Where are we going?” I asked as we made our way into the woods.

“It’s a surprise.”

“I don’t think—“

He stopped to turn and look at me, “Just trust me.”

I nodded and we started walking deeper into the woods. A small clearing opened up and I gasped, catching sight of a picnic in front of me. There was a sheet big enough for two and on top of it sat a basket. I looked at the small candles that were placed around it as Draco pulled me over, sitting us down. He grabbed a blanket, pulled me against his side and wrapped it around us. I watched him dig around the basket before pulling out a thermostat, which I assumed was filled with hot chocolate.

“Why did you do this?” I asked as he handed me a cup.

He grabbed one for himself and turned his head to look at me, “I wanted to do something nice for you.”

I stared at him for a couple of seconds then turned my attention to the view in front of us. We were overlooking a big lake and on the other side was a valley of hills, overlapping each other. The sky was beginning to brighten from the sunset, making everything look like it belonged in a post card.

“Do you like it?” he asked moments later

I nodded, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before I finished the hot chocolate and moved around to sit in front of him.

“Draco, what are we doing?”

He sighed and placed his cup down in the snow, “I don’t know.”

“Why did you kiss me?”

“I wanted too.”

“You shouldn’t have kissed me,” I whispered as I watched a candle flicker from the wind.

“Why?” he asked grabbing my attention again.

“You know why Draco.”

“Because you have a boyfriend?” he said laughing with annoyance.

I narrowed my eyes, “As a matter of fact, yes.”

“I don’t by it.”

I stared confused, “What?”

He leaned closer making our noses touched. “This isn’t about Potter.”

“Yes, it is,” I whispered and shivered as he placed hand on my waist.

“No,” he said and pulled me into his lap so I could wrap my legs around him. “It’s because you felt something when we kissed.

I breathe quickened as one of his hands started to move up my thigh. Draco rubbed his nose against my cheek as his other hand pulled me deeper into his body.

“Tell me you don’t feel anything and I’ll stop.”

He let go of my thigh and pulled my hair gently to bring my head back. I closed my eyes, feeling his lips starting to kiss their way down my neck and moaned quietly as I felt him bite down.
He pulled away to look at me, his eyes dilating, “I want to hear you say it.”

“Say what?” I asked not remembering our conversation as his body warmed up mine.

“That you felt something.”

“I did,” I answered before grabbed a fistful of the shirt he was wearing and smashed my lips against his.

He smiled into the kiss before laying me down on the blanket, not moving us from the position we were previously in. We spent the rest of the afternoon getting lost in each other before deciding it was time to head back. On our way up the driveway, we walked side by side and let our hands caress each other. I smiled at him and pushed his shoulder gently when he grinned before walking up the porch.

I stopped my hand on the doorknob and turned to look at him, “Thank you for today.”

He answered by nodding as his eyes twinkled and a winning smile appeared on his lips. I shook my head with amusement and opened the door. We were halfway in the house when I stopped abruptly, making Draco bump into my back and stared at the person in front of me with a shocked expression.

“Harry?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So they finally admitted they felt something but what is going to happen now that Harry is there? Hmm, stay tuned to find out :) Did you guys think the chapter was okay? I felt it was kind of rushed. Was it? Anyway, I have some sad news. I am leaving to go to Ireland tomorrow and won't have access to the internet for 10 days. Please don't kill me! I am bringing my computer and will be writing when we travel to different cities. I know some of the places we are staying at have WiFi so if I get the chance, I will try to update but I can't make any promises :( So please bare with me!

Again, I want to thank the people who have previous commented and subscribed! Keep everything coming and see you all soon (if you don't kill by then).