Status: Finished! (Has A Sequel)

Iris

Roger Rabbit

I woke to two little hands trying to tickle me. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Luka running his tiny fingers across my stomach. I laughed a little. I took him by the waist and dragged him into my bunk and started tickling him. He was laughing like crazy. “Where’s Justin?” I asked him. He leaned next to my ear.
“In the kitchen with the guys.” He said. I nodded and set him on my lap.
“Do you wanna go in there with them?” I asked. He smiled and nodded. He got up off my lap and I seen he still had on his pajamas. I smiled and I heard Jesse.
“Hey bud! Where’s your Kraken sister?” He asked.
“I heard that Jesse!” I yelled from the bunk. I got out of the bunk and walked out of the bunk. I stretched and yawned and went in the living area. I sat on the seat across from Justin.
“Good afternoon Sleeping Beauty.” He said smiling.
“Whatever.” I said. “Oh and Jesse?” Jesse looked at me questioningly. “Kraken sister?” I asked. Kellin laughed.
“Yeah…Kellin told me to say that.” Jesse said and Kellin immediately stopped laughing and threw his hands up.
“Really Jesse? I did not!” He yelled. I laughed.
“It’s cool.” I said. “I’ll get you back one of these days.” I said. Justin was bouncing Luka on his knee. Luka was smiling. Wow, what an improvement from a day ago. He used to be so sad. Seeing him happy with someone besides me was strange. I still liked it though. “So uh, I was thinking about taking him shopping today. You and him.” Justin said.
“Justin means he’s gonna try to hit on you at the Mall.” Gabe said.
“Oh please Gabe. Explain how you and Izzy ended up in that position in the bathroom. I thought you were broke up.” I said smirking. Gabe scoffed.
“Whatever.” He said.
“Ooo Gabe and Izzy and Justin and Naomi!” Jack yelled. A wave of ooo’s went through the bus. Justin got down on one knee and they all got louder. I felt my face getting red from…embarrassment?
“Naomi?” Justin said. “Will you do me the honors of going to the Mall with me?” He asked holding a imaginary ring box. I smiled.
“Of course, I will.” I said and everyone cheered.
“Stage one: Complete!” Jack shouted. We heard the door burst open.
“What is going on in here?” A voice asked. A very familiar voice. I looked and seen the guys from Of Mice And Men. Austin…Carlile. I was gonna freak. I loved Austin Carlile. I made myself suppress my happiness. He looked at me. “Who is this?” He asked.
“Ah, Austin!” Said Jesse. “This is the hideous Kraken that we told you about at the party we had at Izzy’s beach the other night!” Jesse said. I sighed.
“She doesn’t look like a Kraken though.” Austin said looking confused.
“Thank you! Someone nice!” I said laughing.
“Hey, I’m nice!” Justin shouted. Luka laughed.
“Um, what are you doing Justin?” Austin noticed Luka laughing. “OH wow, and who is this little guy> Justin have you been hiding your kid?” Austin asked.
“No! That’s Naomi’s little brother Luka.” Justin said standing up.
“Oh, I see now.” He said. He squatted and held out a hand to Luka. “Nice to meet you Luka. How old are you?” Austin asked.
“He’s a mute.” I said and Austin looked up at me.
“Oh, sorry about that.” He smiled apologetically and I shrugged.
“Lots of people do it.” I said.
“He’s a cute mute though.” Said Jack nonchalantly. I looked at him.
“Pedophile.” I said. We all laughed.
“Well, I was just seeing what all the ruckus was about. I thought you all were having a party without me and the guys.” Austin said. Kellin gasped as if someone had told him he was ugly.
“How could you say that Austin? We would never party without you!” Kellin said. I laughed.
“Drama queen.” I said flicking my hair and rolling my eyes.
“Whoa, do you know just done?” Kellin asked. I laughed. I felt Justin take my hand.
“Anyway, let’s get away from these fools and go do some shopping.” He said. I took Luka’s hand. “We’re following you off the bus Austin.” Justin said.
“Alright then.” He said. We all walked off the bus.
“Bye love birds and our little Lu-Lu!” I heard Jack said.
“Pedophile!” I yelled back.
“You wish!” He yelled to me and I laughed.
“Well, are you ready?” Justin asked.
“Yeah.” I said. “Um, you’re still holding my hand.” I said.
“Oh sorry!” Justin scrambled to let go of my hand.
“No need to get jumpy.” I said smiling at him.
“Yeah, no need.” He said and smiled back.

By the time we’d got done shopping we had three cart full’s of clothing and toys for Luka. Race cars, trains, planes, high heels, sneakers, high-tops, shirts, and pants. “Oh my god. You guys know how to suck someone’s money dry.” He said. I laughed.
“Yeah, I probably should have warned you.” I said.
“But I had fun with you guys today.” Justin said.
“Um, Justin?” He looked at me. “Can I ask you a question?”
“Yeah, anything.” He said.
“Why did you let me and Luka on the bus with you guys?” Justin contemplated the question for a minute.
“Because, I saw someone who didn’t have too many friends, a bad home life and wanted a good future for her younger brother. I liked all of that but the thing that really won me over was that you wanted to take care of Luke first and foremost.” He said. I just stared at him as we walked to the bus. “What?” He asked.
“Thank you.” I said. “Every relationship I’ve been in has had a catch to it.” I said. “So thank you. Really. I mean it.” I said. Justin stopped walking and turned to face me. Luka was walking behind him. Justin wrapped his arms around me.
“Speaking of relationships,” He said. “Would you consider it?” He asked.
“Consider what?” I asked not getting the question.
“Being in a relationship with me? Like serious relationship. I’ve only known you for a few days but I feel like those days have been years. I feel like you’re the one and I love you. I would take care of you and Luka and if you want I can even promise you that I’ll take care of you two.” He said unwrapping his arms from me and facing me. I just stared. Would I consider? No, I already knew my answer.
“Justin.” I began. “I won’t consider it.” I said. I felt Luke tug on my hand and Justin’s face dropped. “I don’t need to actually because I already know my answer.” I said. “Yes.” His face lit up brighter than I’d ever seen before and he hugged me tightly.
“Oh my god! Yes! You said yes!” he said swinging me around.
“Oh gosh you are killing me.” I squeaked out. He set me and looked in disbelief.
“I was sure you’d say no!” He said. I smiled at him.
“How could I say no to you?” I asked. He shook his head.
“Wow, how did I score such a beautiful girl?” He asked. I dug in the cart and pulled out a pair of heels.
“When you actually got me to but high heels you should have known you had me wrapped around your finger. I never wear these.” I said slinging them around like a toy. He laughed and looked at Luka. Wow. Never had I thought something like this would happen. A guy who likes me with no strings attached.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading!