Status: Finished! (Has A Sequel)

Iris

If You Can't Hang

We ate dinner and then headed off to bed. I was pretty sober now despite not having slept yet. I sighed and crawled out of my bunk. I wasn’t tired so I went into the living area and sat down. We were across the street from a hotel. I put my face in my hands when I sat down. I needed something to smoke. I needed something to drink being it that I was sober again and I didn’t want to be. Everything was so much easier when I was drunk. I resisted the urge to get anything to drink though because earlier tonight I’d promised Luka I’d try my best to stop. I sat and thought. What was I doing here? I couldn’t stay here my whole life with Luka. These people had already done enough for me and Luka. I thought about leaving and just walking somewhere far away. But where would I go? I didn’t have any money so buying a hotel room was out of the question. I sighed again. I was stressed. I needed to do something. I couldn’t stay here much longer. I didn’t want to be a burden and I didn’t want Luka to be a burden. I wanted me and Luka to be alone like we always have been. I felt so strange around people and I didn’t know what to do or where I was going to go or how if I got a place to stay I was going to pay bills. I didn’t know and at this point I felt like breaking down so that’s exactly what I did. I silently sobbed in my hands for a long time. Justin must have heard me squeak a little when I was crying because he silently crept out of his bunk and sat down next to me. He put an arm around me. “What’s wrong?” He asked.
“Everything.” I said. “I feel like everything in my life is going down and I don’t want to be a burden to you all and…I-I just…I don’t know what to do.” I choked out. I hated crying in front of people but at the moment I didn’t care. I didn’t care about anything. I just wanted to stay here like his in Justin’s arms and cry. He rubbed his hand up and down my arm.
“No. You’ll never be a burden to me. Everyone on this bus loves you. Everyone. Sure we’ve only known you for a few days but you’re like a sister to them and…I feel like you’re my wife.” Justin laughed a little. His wife? Well, he definitely cared about me. I smiled at little but still felt the tears coming down my face. “And Luka. Don’t even get me started. He makes me feel like a dad. I’ve always wanted to be a dad. The guys think of him as a little brother. We love him. We honestly don’t want you guys to leave. We were talking about you two coming to permanently living on the bus with us.” Justin said but that’s not what I cared about. He’d said he’s always wanted to be a dad. I loved Justin right? I wanted him to be a dad right? What did I want at this point in my life? What did I want? “Justin” said a little voice at the back of my head. His name just barely tickled the surface of my mind but it did. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and turned to look at Justin. He was in his pajamas just like I was.
“I want you to be a dad.” I blurted out. Justin just looked at me funny.
“What?” He asked.
“I want me and you to have a kid.” I said. Justin shook his head.
“You sure about that?” He asked and laughed a little. I slapped his thigh.
“I’m serious Justin. Tonight.” I said.
“Oh. Look, Naomi. If your doing this because of what I just said then-” I stood up and took his hand. I jerked him up with me and grabbed someone’s wallet off the counter and took Justin off the bus with me. “Naomi, where are you going?” He said. I just kept moving. I drug him to the hotel across the street. I walked into the lobby and handed the counter guy a hundred dollar bill.
“Keep the change and give me the room key.” I said. The guys just shrugged and handed me the key.
“Room down the hall. First one on the left.” He said. I didn’t say thanks I just drug Justin to the room. I slide the key through the lock thingy and opened the door when the light flashed green. I drug Justin in the room.
“I’m being one hundred percent serious.” I said. Justin started at me. I was a little uncomfortable. Justin walked over to me and put his hands around my waist. He leaned down and kissed me. The night went on and it was hands down the best night of my life. I felt…accomplished. I didn’t know why. Maybe it was because I really did love Justin. I don’t know but what I do know is that he loved me so I was gonna try my hardest to be the best girlfriend possible.

-6 Months Later-
I’d been waking up with morning sickness for a while now. Not like everyday but most days for like the past month. I’d also been getting pretty fat…because I was Prego. Yeah, that one night 6 months ago worked. I’d finally turned 18 and Luka had turned 8. At least I could legally get pregnant with Justin now. Today thankfully was one of the days where I didn’t wake up with morning sickness but today was the day we were going to Justin’s parents place for break. I’d found out that all the guys didn’t live too close to each other and some of them would be taking a vacation. For about 3 months though Justin and I would be at his parents house with them. I’d never seen what they looked like but I was excited to meet them. Luka was sleeping in-between Justin and I like he’d been doing for a while now. He’d actually started saying things in front of everyone. I was surprised he’s said good morning to everyone one morning 3 months ago. It was the day of his birthday and from that day he’s been making casual conversation. I was shocked. Moving in with the guys was good for him. I felt the bus lurch to a stop. I saw Justin looking at me as I opened his eyes. I smiled and he smiled back. He leaned over Luka and planted a soft kiss on the side of my mouth. “Luka!” I shouted. Luka jumped but he woke up. Justin and I laughed.
“Mean!” Luka shouted. Justin hugged him and he hugged Justin back. I crawled out of the bunk. Luka and Justin crawled out behind me. I yawned. The guys weren’t on the bus.
“Hey, I’m gonna get dressed.” I said.
“Okay, Luka just go out there with Kellin and they guys.” Justin said.
“Alright.” Luka said and hopped off the bus. I put on some clothes and thought to myself.
“You ready?” Justin asked. I nodded.
“I hope so.” I said.

Justin’s parents were actually really nice. His mom asked if I needed anything and when Justin got all his stuff in the house we all sat down at the kitchen table. “So how many months is the baby?” His mom asked.
“Oh he’s 6 months.” I said and smiled.
“Oh wow. You just found out it’s a boy too?”
“Yes mam’.” I said.
“You can call me mom if you like.” She said.
“You can call me dad.” Justin’s dad said. I nodded.
“Thank you.” I said still smiling. This place really felt like home. I could definitely get used to living here.
“Well, it’s early.” Mom said. “You two should go around the town. Get a head start on the day.” Mom smiled at us. Justin stood up and offered me his hand. I took it and smiled. Luka was still sitting at the table. He had a look on his face that just said ’What the heck am I supposed to do?’. I smiled and offered him my hand.
“Oh, if you want Luka can stay with us.” Dad said smiling.
“Oh, you don’t have to keep him if you don’t want to.” I said.
“Really, it’s no burden to keep him with us.” Mom said. I shrugged and nodded.
“Alright, if he does something bad you have all the permission in the world to spank him.” I said and laughed. We all laughed a little even Luka. But it was that kid laugh that was like ’Oh thanks for your support’. It was actually pretty funny. Everything in this house was either funny or it was happy. Nothing ever made me sad here and that was an improvement beyond belief for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading! I think the next chapter will be the last too!