Status: Ongoing

What We Don't Know, Will Hurt Us

Chapter 11: T-o-e-w-s

Jonathan's POV

The boys finally met Rosie and as expected they all loved her. She liked Sharp who brought his daughter and wife. At the end of the day, Rosie asked me if she can have a baby sister and when I asked her who with, she said "Miss Paige?" making my teammates question if I'm cheating Lori with "a new flavor". She was surprisingly comfortable with the big guys around, she said she felt safe because they are the soldiers that will fight "the baddies. " Rosie even asked them if they can visit so that she can paint their nails pink. According to her, it will make them look "cute." The boys just laughed until they realized she was serious, but they couldn't even say no, already afraid of breaking her heart.

She immediately loved Kaner and he did too. He would tease her to marry him, with me almost punching him in the face, Rosie said that she'll "think about it because his mullet looks lame," earning the laughs of the guys. But she did promise him that she"ll especially make his nails red because its a "big girl color."

I was just changing when I heard Patrick and Rosie talking.
"Uncle Patrick, have you met my Auntie Mari?" She asked
"Your aunt? No, but if she looks like you then she must be the prettiest girl in the world." He said
"When she comes back can you be her boyfriend?" Pat almost choked on his drink and I tried to suppress my laugh.
"Why do you think she needs one and why me?"
"Because.. I want her to be happy and love makes you happy."
"Love doesn't necessarily come quickly Rosie." This conversation is getting serious.
"Nece.. Necess? What's that word mean?"
"It means that it doesn't always have to be or need to be. Love takes time."
"But how come you told Appa that you love me already?" Nice point bud
"That's different." He sighed. "Why do you want her to date?"
"No its not different, love is love... Well, one time she had a boyfriend, who wanted her to live in his house. She asked if she can take me. I know the boy doesn't want to and I never saw him again. Also my auntie says no to many guys because no one will be at home with me." She told him with innocent eyes.
"Why did you pick me though?" He asked, probably waiting for a compliment.
"Your poster is in her wall." Rosie said. I guffawed and they both saw me.
"Ehem, sorry babe but your uncle has a special lady friend already. Right Kaner?"
"Huh? Oh yeah, I do." He did have one, his most steady relationship in the longest time. Ann seemed to be doing a great job with keeping the resident party boy grounded. That we thank her for.
"Ok bud, say bye to the boys. You're tired right? We'll head home." She nodded, kissed Patrick on the cheek and held my hand as we went to go home.

"Appa, why don't you tell the poster people that your name is wrong?"
What do you mean bud?" I asked, looking down at her.
"That." She points to the poster with me wearing my jersey.
"It's not wrong."
"Yeah it is. My teacher in my old school told me I'm a good speller. Toews is not t-o-e-w-s, it's t-a-v-e-s. It's mean to call you toes, besides they didnt even spell toes right."
I couldn't get mad even though I've been annoyed by several people about this. I laughed at her statement and just agreed

"That's right bud, I'll tell them. Good observation skills!" I patted her heard. Her smile was priceless and mispronounced surnames didn't matter anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whew. So there's good news and bad news. Bad news first: when my brother was borrowing my laptop, he "accidentally" deleted the file where I was writing this story! The horror! I wanted just punch the screen!

Good news: thanks to iCloud, the file got backed up in the notes section of the family ipad. It's got some parts deleted of the latest chapter, which I have to re-write again but meh, better than nothing right?

I'm also so happy because I got my IGCSE Cambridge examination results and I got high grades :)