Completely Undone

Old Friends

His poor heart kept pounding in his chest as he waited for his plane to land on American soil. He didn’t think he would be so nervous to finally see Cinnie again after weeks of separation. Tom has tried to maintain his cool when he chatted with her, tip toeing around her boundaries to see where she would let him in and quite to his surprise she invited him to stay at her place while he worked in L.A.

“Stay with me.”

Tom blinked hard, completely off guard by the request that is pronounced in his ears. Never did he think that Cinnie would actually extend an invitation for him to stay with her under their relationship status. “Uh,” He replied blankly. It isn’t odd for her to invite friends from out of town to stay at her place, but Tom isn’t just a friend anymore.

His stupid response only made her feel withdrawn; he could feel it. Feel her backtracking her words as if it was a mistake. “You want me to stay with you? Are you sure that’s alright? I’m perfectly fine staying at a hotel.” Quick words could only take him so far when her mind is already sent down a spiral.

“Yeah, it’s fine. I mean, you don’t have to, but I know you are busy all the time and it would be easier if you just stayed with me in order to avoid scheduling conflicts.” Her smooth words made his heart skip a beat, Tom being himself read between the lines of what she is trying to say. He hoped he was becoming fluent in her way of saying things and from what he gathered; she wanted him around her as much as possible even if they only shared nights together.

“Okay, I’ll let Abby know and cancel my reservation.”

“Okay. I’ll pick you up?”

“It’s best if you didn’t. Paparazzi are usually horrendous around the airport and I rather have you avoid all of it. I’ll drive to your flat.” Gathering a piece of paper in his hand, he scribbled her address onto it before a smile lifted his lips. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“I’ll see you then.” She softly said back.


It took a lot of convincing Abby to cancel his reservation due to having everything scheduled around the hotel. Abby didn’t think it is wise for him to be playing ‘house’ with his potential girlfriend. He had work to do and if he ever showed up late, she will never live it down. So he promised to always be on time, well as best as he can manage.

The jolt of his seat let his eyes immediately glanced out his window to see the sun barely starting to rise. The pilot welcomed them to Los Angeles, weather and time before wheeling them into their slot. Unbuckling his seatbelt, he readjusts his cap and shades before standing up swinging his book bag over his shoulder. Walking into the terminal, the bustle of people walking to their terminal and hum of conversation only propelled him to walk faster to the baggage claim.

Tom tried to be quiet and discreet as possible. Only being stopped by a few fans that recognized him by his poor of an excuse disguise, he pressed his finger to his lips having them promise to keep quiet about his arrival. The teens kept their lips shut until he turned around, they squealed in delight. Their giddiness put him on edge as cameras instantly flashed in his face.

Cursing under his breath, he smiled as warmly as possible at the paparazzi. Answering their questions as vague as possible before taking the driver’s seat in his rental car and peeling away from the terminal; taking off his shades he flicked through the stations to let his fatigue wash away as he drove to his destination.

Thankfully the freeway was almost bare, letting the hour drive to Cinnie’s home not be as bad as it would have been. Half way towards there, he called her to inform her that he is almost half an hour away to give her time to wake up. A small groan echoed in his ear before she mumbled incoherently. The line went dead afterwards only for him to smile at her grumpiness.

Cinnie can be a morning person; it just took a few minutes for her to fully wake up. By the time he arrived, he grabbed his things with a hop in his step. Setting his things down beside him, he took a deep breath before knocking on her door. He then realized he should have checked to see if he got the number right, it would be a disaster if he got the wrong number and actually knocked on a fan’s door.

Tom didn’t have time to devise a plan when the door swung open. His heart beating rapidly only to relieve some tension when a familiar woman stepped at the entrance wearing baggy joggers and long sleeve shirt she welcomed him in.

Once the door was closed, he pulled her to him completely not understanding that Cinnie is finally in his arms. He felt like this is some dream. Pressing his lips to her bandana covered head; he muttered how happy he is to be here with her.

“I missed you too. Are you hungry? Tired? I already set up the guest room for you.”

“I ate on the flight, thank you. A bed sounds wonderful right about now.” Tom rubbed his stiff neck; despite the neck rest sleeping on the flight didn’t do much sitting up. Nothing can beat the pleasure of sleeping on a bed.

He watched Cinnie rub her eyes before trailing off into the small hallway. Following her, she showed him his room for his stay. “If you need anything I’ll be in my room.” Tom remained still as he watched Cinnie exit the small room before he took it all in. The soft green walls surrounded him when he remembered when she told him that she liked to sleep in the guest room at times so that’s why hers and the guest room were painted the small color.

Letting his body hit the soft mattress, he groaned in delight. His fatigued body let the plush mattress do wonders on his back. He pondered if she actually got a Tempur-pedic mattress. Possibly for the back pains she endures on her bosom or that is what he hears from fellow females gifted in the chest region.

The bright light illuminating from the ceiling harshly hit his eyes partially blinding him. Rolling onto his stomach it only took a few minutes for the jet lag to settle and fell into a deep slumber.

Cinnie sat in her room furiously typing away. Her mind refused to shut up once Tom called her saying he was on his way over. The simple thought of him staying at her apartment horrified her. How could she open her home to Tom? Will he think differently about the situation they are in? She rather not get her hopes up thinking things are going to work out when the possibility is that it might not.

The butterflies in her stomach never settled as they fluttered around, crashing into one another before they exploded into a fiery tornado when he graced her with his presence. Cinnie bottled up the emotions swirling inside of her as she calmly directed him to his room before making a quick getaway without sounding off.

She succeeded and now the tips of her fingers grew numb as they violently tapped against the keys. Running a hand down her face, she slowly inhaled and exhaled. Tom is quietly sleeping in the guest room; her guest room. How is she supposed to act now they are staying under the same roof? She felt at a loss. To be honest, Tom is the only person that hasn’t been to her new apartment.

He has stayed in her home before, but now with feelings array things felt flustered. She couldn’t put her finger on it. After an hour of working on her book, she sat on her bed and watched mindless television as the sun continued to rise.

Cinnie tried to think nothing of the man staying in her guest room; it was nothing out of the ordinary or that is what she kept telling herself. When the clock finally changed to an appropriate time to start breakfast, she cooked a simple meal of eggs, bacon and toast. A small ball of bile crept in her throat as the smell of egg swirled into her nose. Stuffing Tom’s plate into the microwave, she popped the cap of the salsa bottle and poured an extensive amount of it on her eggs.

It was the only way of eating eggs or even plan dairy products, she had to cover it with large amounts of anything strong enough to mask the taste. Folding her legs underneath her, she stabbed the eggs and popped the portion into her mouth.

Swallowing the small pieces that she put in her mouth, she blinked confusingly when a fatigue tall lanky man stood by the hallway muttering under his breath. “Do I smell bacon?” That comment only made her smile and all of her worries melted away. Pushing her plate off her lap, she got up and greeted Tom with a small hug.

“Morning, I didn’t think you would be up so soon.”

“I wasn’t planning on it, but then I smelled food.” Tom sheepishly grinned when his stomach growled.

“Come then. I fixed you a plate.” Heating up the food she saved for him, they finished breakfast together before Tom idly walked back into his room claiming that he had to prepare for an interview later on that day. When he came back out, Cinnie still in her pajamas he questioned her as to why she wasn’t dressed yet.

It only took several minutes for Cinnie to cave and support Tom by going to his interview despite her wanting to stay behind. Tom wanted her to tag along simply to spend time with her and it felt strange. All very strange for Cinnie as she wandered into her closet wondering what she should wear. Tom settled her mind placing a kiss on her head and expressing she can dress casually.

Still in the back of her mind she wanted to dress appropriately, wearing a nice blouse and dark jeans. Now that she is riding in the back of the car with Tom sitting in the passenger seat, she tugged on the ends of her hair. He would have sat beside her, but to avoid her being dragged into the spotlight too soon, he sat in the passenger seat to zero in on everyone’s attention to him.

When they reached the corner of where he is going to be dropped off, he turned with a charming smile. “I’ll see you inside.” Placing a kiss on the back of her hand, he turned back in his seat as the SUV slowed down. Cinnie attentively watched Tom, her eyes clenching at the bright lights that entered the car when his door was opened.

The roars of cheers and squeals made her ears bleed; it was only when the door was slammed shut that she felt the tightness in her chest start to decompress. Leaning her head against the headrest, the driver took her around where she was escorted by a worker to Tom’s dressing room. Right when she entered, he instantly stood up and introduced her to the host of the show.

“Who’s this lovely lady?”

Tom smiled gleefully, “This is Cinnie, a good mate of mine.”

Cinnie shook the hand of the host as he introduced himself as Jimmy Kimmel. “Nice to meet you.” She bashfully responded.

“Don’t tell me you are trying to pass off this beautiful woman as your ‘good mate’, Tom.” Jimmy raised a brow suspiciously at the two. Cinnie avoided eye contact as Tom ruffled her hair to give a point that they were just friends.

“We’re very old friends.”

“Alright, if you say so.” Jimmy turned to Cinnie once again expressing the pleasure of meeting her before he left the room. Twiddling her thumbs, she focused on her black polished nails before Tom laced his hands with hers muttering how happy he was to have her here with him. He knew she couldn’t be here all the time, but given that he had an opportunity he couldn’t let it slip by.

With him constantly going to be by her side will cause attention. He knew that especially since he is staying around Hollywood for the most part.

“Wish me luck.” Tom kissed her forehead before being escorted out of the room; Cinnie exhaled leering at the TV monitor on the left hand corner of the room. She watched with horror hoping that Jimmy wouldn’t weave her into their conversation. A sigh of relief almost left her lips until he teasingly asked Tom if he was dating anyone.

Staring at Tom, she crossed her fingers that he could come up with a plausible answer. It took him a few seconds to let that winning smile come into play and answered, “Apparently I am dating a few women in the past couple of months. It’s amusing to find out that taking a picture with a woman sends out the message that you are dating her.”

Cinnie let out the breath of relief that she was holding as she watched the rest of the interview with a sense of comfort.