Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Nine

It seems like every morning I wake up in Landon's house, and someone different is sleeping on the couch in the living room. I asked Shaun why Landon's work friends are always sleeping over, but he just said because “he's a nice guy” or something. I'm glad my brother is a nice guy, and I hope that I will be like him when I'm older. I noticed that he had someone new over every day when I woke up early in the morning for a drink. Anthony was over yesterday, but earlier it was Brian.
I went back to sleep after I got my drink, and I woke up later to find Buster staring me in the face.
“Dog breath...,” I frowned, yawned and gently pushed his face away. Buster licked my face and I giggled.
“Cute doggy,” I smiled and hugged Buster's neck. He rolled all over my bed before I stumbled out of bed and opened my door. After he ran out, I shut my door again and laid back on my bed. I started thinking about school, and the thought made me groan. I looked out of my window when I heard thunder, and I noticed it was raining again. It always seemed to rain here. I tried going back to sleep, because I loved the sound of the rain, but the sound of the rain also made me have to pee. I groaned again, yawned and stumbled out of my room and down the hallway. I rubbed my eyes and Landon walked out of the bathroom. He wore blue jeans, no shirt, and he was drying his hair with a towel.
“Good morning, little dude,” he smiled.
“Good morning,” I smiled and yawned, then I squeezed my way passed him and shut the door. After I went to the bathroom and washed my hands, I walked back out. Landon was still there, drying his hair.
“Soooo, whatcha wanna do today?” He asked.
“Idunno,” I rubbed my eyes and kept yawning, “Why are there always people here?”
“What do you mean?”
“First it was Anthony, then Brian,” I counted on my fingers then looked up at him, “I thought only you, Shaun and Nick lived here.”
“Oh, well sometimes my friends need a place to crash,” Landon smiled and threw his towel over my head, “I like helping 'em.” The towel smelled like shampoo and soap for men, and I threw it back at him after I finally got it off me.
“I hope I be just like you when I'm older,” I smiled. Landon looked at me for awhile after I said that, and I got scared that I hurt his feelings or something. Then he picked me up and kissed my head.
“Really?” He asked. I giggled and poked his cheek.
“Yes, I wanna be like you,” I smiled. Landon smiled and a small tear ran down his cheek. Was he crying out of happiness or sadness?
“You're the best, bro,” Landon kissed my head again and held me as he walked downstairs. As we walked past the living room, I saw Anthony sleeping on one couch while Brian slept on the other. In the kitchen, Nick was eating food and reading the newspaper. Landon sat me at the table and gave me a few cinnamon rolls and some juice before he sat down himself.
“Good morning!” Nick said, hitting me on the head with his newspaper. I fixed my hair and smiled before eating my breakfast.
“You gotta work today?” Landon asked.
“Yup,” Nick took a drink of his soda, “I need to hurry up, actually.”
“I have to go in early, too,” Landon yawned and took a sip of his drink.
“Shaun's gonna watch Kaiser, then?” Nick asked. Landon nodded and grabbed the newspaper.
“Shaun isn't gonna wake up for a while,” Nick looked over at me, “You gonna be alright being by yourself?”
“Anthony and Brian are here,” Landon tilted his head in the living room.
“Yeah, but everyone is sleeping,” Nick stood up and started washing his plates, “I guess he'll be alright until they wake up.”
“You'll behave yourself, right?” Landon looked at me. I nodded and finished my first cinnamon roll. Landon smiled and looked down at his paper. I kept eating while Nick kept washing the dishes and burping. I thought it was weird, but I never said anything when they did that kind of stuff.
“I'm full,” I frowned as I looked at my food.
“You never finish your food,” Landon said.
“More for me,” Nick grabbed my last cinnamon roll and ate it.
“You're a pig,” I said. Landon started laughing and Nick smiled.
“Yeah, I know I am,” He ruffled my hair, “But I'm a gorgeous pig.”
“Not as pretty as I am,” Brian walked into the kitchen and smiled.
“Brian is a sexy man,” Landon smiled.
“He wishes he was,” Nick rolled his eyes. Brian walked passed Nick and slapped his butt before opening the fridge. I covered my mouth to hold my laugh and my eyes got wide. Nick stuck his tongue out and laughed.
“I gotta get ready for work,” Landon stood up and stretched.
“Is it cool if I chill here again?” Brian asked.
“I don't mind, make yourself at home,” Landon put his cup in the sink and walked out.
“Everyone else does,” Nick smiled and sat beside me. Brian sat down and took a drink of his water and gave me a weird look. My hands were still over my mouth in shock.
“What is your problem? Never seen a black man before?” Brian asked.
“You touched his butt,” I giggled and looked at Nick.
“He always does it,” Nick winked at Brian, “It's because he thinks I'm gorgeous.”
“You wish you were,” Brian ruffled my hair and smiled, “I always do that, though.” Nick nodded and the two of them started talking. I wasn't paying much attention. I kept looking out the window at Haley's house. It was raining, so I couldn't see it well, but I was wondering what Haley was doing. Buster walked in the kitchen and stared at me. I smiled and jumped on his back.
“Upstairs,” I said. Buster barked and walked me up the stairs and into my room. Buster jumped on my bed and laid down. I laid my head down on his fur and we watched the rain from my window for a long time. I closed my eyes and dozed off, but it wasn't long before Brian was at my door.
“Hey, you awake?” He asked. I flinched and turned around. Haley was standing there, and she was dripping wet.
“Haley?” I stood up and looked at her.
“She came in and asked to play. You guys have fun,” Brian smiled and left us alone. I shut the door and frowned.
“Why are you wet?” I asked.
“It's raining,” Haley smiled and shivered. Buster whined and licked Haley's cheek.
“You're all cold,” I frowned.
“It's okay, I just wanted to know if you wanted to play with me,” she smiled.
“Sure. Do you wanna play in my room, because of the rain?” I asked.
“That would be fine,” she shivered more and Buster kept licking her.
“Here, I'll give you some clothes,” I smiled and walked over to my closet. I pulled out a pair of shorts and a Pokemon shirt. I handed them to Haley and smiled.
“Thank you a lot,” she took the clothes and smiled. I turned around and closed my eyes while she changed.
“Done,” she said. I turned around. The clothes fit her great.
“I'm glad they fit,” I smiled. Haley laid her wet clothes on my floor and hugged me.
“Thank you,” she hugged tighter. This time I hugged her back, with my good arm.
“Y-You're welcome,” I felt my face get hot again.
“Can we watch TV?” She asked, pulling out of the hug. I nodded and grabbed my remote.
“Digimon should be on,” I smiled and turned my TV on. Sure enough, an episode of Digimon was coming on soon. Haley and I laid down on my bed with Buster. I knew Haley was sleepy, and it didn't take long before she laid her head against my chest and dozed off. I felt my face get really hot when I saw her sleeping. I put my good arm over her and smiled. Buster was asleep, Haley was asleep, and it was raining hard outside. I felt my eyes get heavy and eventually fell asleep too. I held Haley the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
c: