Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Ten

“Hey little buddy, time to wake up,” I felt someone gently shaking me. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Landon. He smiled when he saw I was awake. I rubbed my eyes and looked out of my window. It was still so dark.
“Why so early?” I yawned.
“It's your first day of school. Remember?” Landon said as he went over to my closet.
“Oh yeah,” I smiled, kept yawning and threw my blanket off me. Landon pulled out my favorite Digimon shirt and looked over at me.
“This shirt alright? And do you want shorts or jeans on your first day?”
“Gray jeans,” I smiled.
“You're rockin' it out today, dude,” He grabbed my clothes, along with some underwear and socks and I followed him to the bathroom. The bathtub was filled with hot water.
“Alright, go ahead and take your bath. When your done, get your shoes on and come on downstairs. I got a surprise for ya,” Landon smiled, put a towel down for me and walked out. I was too sleepy to ask what my surprise was, but I slowly took my sleeping clothes off and got into the bathtub. As I was washing my hair, Buster came in and began drinking the bath water like he always did. I thought it was gross. I rubbed Buster's head, and he licked and stared at me while I washed myself. After I was finished, I slipped my clothes on, cleaned up the bathroom and went back into my room and slipped my Pokemon shoes on. I stomped and smiled as they lit up again. I pushed my bangs from my eyes as I walked into the hallway. Buster was by Landon's door, but it was closed.
“Want in there?” I asked. He whined and barked a little. I opened the door slowly, and as Buster walked in there I got hit with that smell again. I still couldn't explain the smell, but it wasn't nice. It wasn't the worst, either. I poked my head in the room and saw Anthony, Shaun and Nick all asleep in there. The room was very dark, and mixed with that smell it looked scary. After Buster walked back out, I shut the door again and walked downstairs. In the kitchen, Brian and Landon were talking at the table.
“That little one needs a haircut,” Brian said, brushing my bangs from my eyes.
“Nuh uh!,” I poked Brian and looked over at Landon, “I have a question.”
“What's up?” Landon smiled as I sat down at the table.
“Why is everyone in your room?” I asked.
“They were playing games last night, and they got too lazy to go to separate rooms,” Landon chuckled. Brian laid a plate with three cinnamon rolls in front of me, along with a glass of chocolate milk.
“Thank you,” I smiled at Brian and started to eat, “Why are they lazy?”
“Finish your food first,” Landon smiled as I put my hands over my mouth.
“They're lazy because they're pigs,” Brian smiled and sat my backpack in the chair next to me, “Here ya go.” I swallowed my food and smiled at my backpack. It was the Digimon one I found at the store. I opened it and found all of the school stuff Landon bought for me. I had Pokemon and Yugioh folders, and an awesome Digimon pencil case.
“Should we give him the surprise?” Landon asked.
“I dunno,” Brian smiled and crossed his arms over his chest, “Maybe we should make him wait longer.”
“No no! What's the sur-prise?!” I smiled and jumped up. Brian and Landon smiled at each other, and Landon stood up and opened the fridge. He pulled out a lunch box and handed it to me. It was a Digimon lunch box, and it was incredible. My eyes were big as I stared at it, and I couldn't help but smile.
“Brian and I found it yesterday while you were here with your little friend,” Landon smiled and ruffled my hair, “We thought you'd like it for school.” I smiled big, put the lunch box on the table and ran up to Landon and hugged him around his waist.
“I love it!,” I hugged Brian's waist next, “Thank you guys so much!”
“No problem,” Brian smiled and kissed my head.
“You ready to show off all your awesome stuff?” Landon asked. I nodded, put my backpack on and grabbed my lunch box.
“This little kid looks like a rocker, man,” Brian smiled.
“He has the hair and everything, no wonder that girl loves you,” Landon winked. I felt my face get hot again, but I just smiled. I hugged Brian one last time before Landon and I left. I sat quiet in the back seat while he drove to the school.
“Are you nervous?” Landon asked as he turned into the school.
“No, I'm excited,” I smiled and looked out of the window, “I can't wait to see Haley.”
“You really like her, don't you?” Landon asked.
“I loves her,” I smiled. Landon smiled back. After he parked and turned the car off, I held his hand as we walked inside. The lady at the desk from the other day was standing by the front door.
“Hey cutie!” She smiled. I smiled back and slapped her hand. She squealed a little and smiled before Landon and I walked to my classroom.