Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Eight

My school was big, and I didn't like it. I kept looking out of the window as Landon drove slower. I hoped he wouldn't go near the giant building, but he did. This might not have been my first day, but I didn't care. I don't like this.
“Ready, bud?” Landon asked.
“No. Go back home,” I frowned.
“Kaiser...,” Landon frowned and rubbed his neck, “Remember what I said? It'll be okay, I promise.”
“Besides, the school is empty right now,” Daniel said.
“It's empty?” I asked.
“Yeah, school is already over,” Daniel smiled, “We made sure to bring you in after school was over.”
“The teacher wanted to wait for us because he's really excited about meeting you,” Landon said.
“Really?” I looked back at the building. I still didn't like it, but I didn't want my teacher to wait for nothing.
“Yeah. The teachers are nice here, I promise,” Landon leaned back and unbuckled my seat belt, “I think you can do this, because you're awesome.”
“I'm not awesome.”
“I think you're an awesome kid,” Daniel smiled, “And so does everybody else.”
“What about that little girl, Haley? Isn't she going to school today, too? Maybe you'll see her,” Landon said. I forgot about Haley. I looked at her name on my cast and smiled. I guess I could go to school for a friend.
“Okay, I'll go,” I said.
“Sweet! Let's go,” Landon got out of the car, and so did Daniel. Landon picked me up and held me as he shut the door and the three of us walked into the school. I held tight to Landon's neck as we walked in. The school was empty, and the hallways seemed scary. They were big. This whole place was huge, and I didn't like it. I was going to die here. The three of us walked into the front office and Landon talked to the lady at the desk. I didn't pay attention, because I just wanted to get out of here.
“He's such a little cutie!” The lady said. I looked at her, felt my face get hot, and then huddled into Landon's shoulder.
“He's a little scared about school,” Landon said.
“He's adorable,” The lady rubbed my shoulder, “You don't have to be scared. Everything will be okay.” I didn't answer her. I just looked at her and frowned.
“Isn't she nice, buddy?” Daniel asked. I nodded slowly and looked at the lady.
“High five?” She held her hand up. I smiled and slapped her hand.
“So cute!” She said.
“I'm not cute,” I hid my face in Landon's shoulder again.
“Yes you are!” She said.
“Boys can't be cute,” I frowned. This made them laugh, but wasn't it the truth? Boys were gross, while girls were the fluffy, cute ones. I know that Landon's house is full of guys and we're far from cute.
“Well, I think you're adorable,” she said then turned to Landon, “Let me just look him up in the computer and I'll give you the room number, okay?”
“Thank you,” Landon smiled, “My Uncle should have called you all already and finished all the important stuff.”
“Ah, Kaiser. Kris told us all about him,” The lady smiled, tapped on her computer, then wrote something down and handed it to Daniel, “His teacher is Mr. Jason, room 105. Go down the hallway and it's past the cafeteria.”
“Thank you so much,” Daniel said.
“You're welcome, you guys have a great day,” she smiled at me, “And I hope you start to enjoy school, cutie.” I frowned and stuck my tongue out at her. Landon put his hand over my mouth and chuckled.
“Dude, that's not polite. You know you're adorable,” Landon ruffled my hair. I groaned and hugged his neck again. We walked out of the office and down the hallway. I'm sure it didn't take us long to get to room 105, but to me it seemed like forever. When we finally got to room 105, I looked at all the pictures on the wall. I guess they were from the other classmates. When we walked in, the room was very colorful. The teacher was writing on the chalk board, and he didn't know we were in here. Before Landon could say anything, I took a look around the room itself. All of the desks were in the middle of the room, and there were a lot of pictures on the walls. The one I looked at was the behavior chart. It looked like the boys names were written on dogs, and the girls names were written on cats. If you were good, you were in the house, but if you were bad, you were on the dog house. I saw a cat named “Sam” on the dog house.
“Uh, are you Mr. Jason, sir?” Landon asked. The black haired guy turned around and smiled. He was about as tall as Landon and Daniel, but his hair was combed.
“Yeah, that's me,” he looked over at me and smiled, “And are you Kaiser?” I nodded slowly and hid behind Landon's shoulder.
“He's very shy,” Landon said.
“A lot of kids are,” Mr. Jason shook hands with Landon, then shook hands with Daniel, “Daniel? Why are you here?”
“Helping this kid out! How have you been?”
“Pretty good, pretty good. New kids every year, new experiences. How are your kids, doing?”
“Well, thanks to you, my youngest reads every book she can get her hands on,” Daniel smiled.
“That's a job well done.” The three of them kept talking, but I wasn't listening. I jumped out of Landon's arms and walked around the desks, and my name was on one closest to the behavior chart. There were four desks together, making a square, and the other ones had the names: “Lacey” and “Haley” and “Henry.” I smiled at Haley's name and looked up at my teacher.
“Is Haley new, too?” I asked. They stopped talking and looked over at me.
“Yes, Haley is new. She should be coming in with her parents today, actually,” Mr. Jason smiled, “Do you know her?” I ignored him and just smiled, because my friend was close to me in school.
“Yeah, her family just moved in across the street actually,” Landon said.
“Well good, Kaiser already has a friend,” Mr. Jason said. The three of them went sat around Mr. Jason's desk and kept talking, but I ignored them and kept looking around the room. The only other cool thing was the book area. I took out a Digimon book and looked through it.
“You like the room, little man?” Daniel asked, bending down beside me.
“Yes,” I smiled and showed him the book, “I like Digimon.”
“I know you do,” he smiled, “Are you reading it by yourself?”
“No, I can't read,” I frowned then smiled again, “I'm looking at the pictures.”
“You want me to read it to you?”
“No, I only wanna read it when I can myself,” I smiled, “But can I sit in your lap while I look at pictures?” Daniel smiled, sat in the beanbag chair, and laid me in his lap while we looked through the pictures. I kept telling him about all the Digimon that I knew, and he seemed to really like it. Landon was talking with Mr. Jason, but I didn't know what about. After I finished the Digimon book, Daniel took another book out. It was about a puppy and he read it to me. He even taught me how to say a few words. After that book was over, I looked up at Daniel.
“I gotta pee,” I frowned. He laughed and stood up.
“Alright, I'll take you to the bathroom,” he held my hand and we walked out. Landon and my teacher kept talking, and as Daniel walked me to the bathroom, I kept wondering why they talked for so long. After I peed and washed my hands, I looked up at Daniel.
“Why is Landon talking to my teacher for so long?” I asked. Daniel and I started to walk back to the classroom.
“Well, Landon has no idea what he's doing. But he cares about you a lot, so he just wants to make sure he's on board with everything,” Daniel explained. I didn't really understand, but I just kept walking. When we walked back inside, there were other people in there. They looked familiar. Landon and Mr. Jason were talking with them.
“Kaiser!” I looked over at the book area and saw Haley. I smiled and walked over to her, and she hugged me tight.
“Same class, I told you,” she smiled.
“Yes, and you sit next to me, too,” I smiled and pointed to our desks.
“I'm happy now, I have a friend in class now,” She hugged me again, but I just stood there while my face got hot again.
“You'll make more friends,” I said. She stopped hugging me and frowned.
“I only like you as my friend,” she pulled her marker out from her pocket and grabbed my broken arm again. She drew another smiley face on my arm cast and smiled.
“Thanks,” I smiled as I looked at it.
“Kaiser, are you ready to go?” Landon asked as he came up from behind. I looked up at him and nodded, then back at Haley.
“I'll see you later?” I held my hand out.
“Yes,” Haley smiled and we slapped hands. Landon smiled and picked me up. Landon and Daniel said their goodbyes to my teacher and Haley's parents, then we left. As Landon was sitting me in the car, I kept thinking. I was actually happy I went to school. Haley was there, and everything was okay. We started driving, and Daniel and Landon were talking before I asked:
“When do I start school?”
“Monday, in a few days,” Landon said.
“Are you gonna be alright?” Daniel asked.
“Yes, because I have a friend,” I looked down at Haley's smiley face and smiled. I think school was going to be alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for anyone who reads this, I know my chapter update was extremely slow and I'm sorry DX I have had so much work lately, and I just haven't had the time to update. But if it means anything, I was working on this chapter alone for like 3 days, so I hope it's alright c: