Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Eleven

The classroom was empty when we walked in, except a few kids who were reading in the book area. I remember Daniel and I were there a few days ago. Mr. Jason was writing on his board when we walked inside.
“Good morning,” he turned around and smiled as we walked in. I held tighter on to Landon’s hand and stayed quiet. It’s like my voice got lost and I couldn’t say anything. The kids in the book area were staring at me now. I wanted to disappear. I hated being stared at.
“You gonna be alright after I leave?” Landon asked. I looked up at him and nodded. He rubbed my shoulder and smiled.
“Kaiser will do just fine. If any problems arise, I’ll make sure to let you know,” Mr. Jason said.
“Yeah,” Landon nodded at him and bent down to my level, “I’ll pick you up here after school. Alright?”
“Okay,” I looked down and hugged him around his neck, then looked at him, “Bye broder.” Landon’s eyes went wide, and he hugged me tightly.
“See ya later,” he ruffled my hair and waved before walking out. I instantly felt alone. I kept looking at the door before I felt Mr. Jason’s hand on my shoulder.
“It’ll be alright, Kaiser,” he smiled and nodded, “You can go find your desk if you want and get yourself comfortable.” I went over to the desk that had my name on it and sat down. I put my lunchbox inside of my desk, then opened my backpack and put my folders, pencils and notebooks in there, too. I put my backpack on the back of my chair. I laid my head down on my desk and saw that those kids were still staring at me. I wished they would stop looking at me like that.
“Kaiser…,” I looked up and saw Haley standing there. She smiled, and she had her brown hair in a ponytail. She was wearing blue jeans and a pink Pikachu shirt. She had a purple Pokemon lunchbox and a matching backpack with it. She walked over to me and hugged me tight.
“Hi, Haley,” I said.
“I sit right in front of you, Kaiser!” Haley smiled as she started putting her own things in her desk. I watched and smiled, then I frowned when I noticed the kids again.
“What’s wrong?” Haley asked. I quickly turned back to her and shook my head.
“Those kids keep staring at me,” I shrugged, “It’s not a big deal.” Haley frowned and looked at the kids. Without saying anything, she walked over to the group of kids. I stayed there, just watching her and not moving.
“Stop staring at my boyfriend!” She shouted. I looked over at Mr. Jason, but he wasn’t in the room at the time. The kids looked back down at their books, and Haley walked back over to me. She smiled as I stared at her.
“Wh-Why did you do that?” I asked.
“Because I hate when people stare at me like I’m a... a animal,” Haley frowned, “They can’t do it to my friends, either.”
“Th-Thanks,” My face got a little hot as I smiled. Haley and I both sat down at our desks, talking and showing each other the cool school stuff we had. Mr. Jason eventually came back in, and the kids stopped staring at me. Pretty soon, the classroom was filled with kids.
“Hi,” a boy with brown hair sat down beside me, “I’m Henry.”
“Hi, I’m Haley,” Haley pointed at me, “And this is Kaiser.”
“Hi Kaiser. Hi Haley,” Henry smiled and took his stuff from his backpack. My voice seemed to get lost at the worst of times, so I just smiled. Soon after, a girl with black hair sat down beside Haley.
“Hi! I’m Lacey!,” she pointed to me, “You’re Kaiser, and…,” she pointed to Haley, “You’re Haley! You two are new!”
“Yes, it’s nice to meet you,” Haley said. I smiled at Lacey.
“Can you talk?” Henry asked, looking at me.
“Y-Yeah,” I looked at him, “I’m just quiet.”
“Ohhhh,” Henry said.
“Henry never stops talking,” Lacey giggles.
“H-Hey! I like talking!” Henry stuck his tongue out.
“You’re really loud, too,” A girl came up to our group of desks and glared at us. It was one of the kids from earlier that kept staring at me.
“Go away, Sam,” Henry said.
“Make me,” she said.
Henry stood up next to Sam, he was a little taller than her, and said, “I’ll burp on you at lunch again if you don’t.”
“Y-You’re so gross, Henry,” Sam pushed him a little and walked away. Henry laughed and sat back down. Lacey rolled her eyes and kept drawing in her notebook.
“Who was that?” Haley frowned.
“It’s just Sam,” Lacey said.
“She’s stupid, stay away from her,” Henry said.
“Why is she so mean?” I asked.
“I don’t know,” Henry shrugged.
“Henry keeps her away from us because he burps on her. She hates that,” Lacey giggled.
“That’s funny,” Haley giggled.
“She deserves to be burped on,” Henry smiled. I looked past Henry and over at Sam. She went back to her desk and was talking with the kids over there. I had a bad feeling she wasn’t going to make school easy for me.
It wasn’t long before Mr. Jason started class. First we studied our letters and words. After that, we worked in our work books on numbers and more letters and words. Being with Haley, Henry and Lacey was very nice, and we talked the whole time. Pretty soon it was lunch, and I was hungry. But I was really excited for recess.