Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Twenty

"Hey dude, wake up," I heard. I opened my eyes and yawned. Landon was smiling at me.
"Hi," I covered my head back up with my blanket and smiled.
"You're not going to school today," He said.
"How come?" I asked.
"You have to go to the doctor. Get your cast taken off," Landon pulled the blanket off me, "So let's get you ready. Sound good?"
"I'm not going to get shots, am I?" I frowned.
"No," Landon ruffled my hair and walked over to my closet. He pulled out one of my Digimon shirts and my blue jeans, then smiled, "Get dressed and come on downstairs. I already have breakfast cooking."
"Yum!," I smiled and got out of bed. I tried to fix my blankets, but Buster kept rolling around on my bed.
"Get off!" I said. Buster licked my face and didn't move instead. I giggled and pet him before I took off my sleeping clothes and put my today clothes on. I put on my socks and Pokemon shoes, went to the bathroom, washed my hands, then went downstairs. I saw Anthony sleeping on the couch as I went into the kitchen and sat at the table. Landon put a plate of cinnamon rolls in front of me, and a glass of orange juice.
"Where's Nick at? And Shaun?" I asked. Landon sat down, drinking his coffee and looked over at me.
"Nick's on vacation. Shaun's visiting his parents," Landon smiled, "They'll be back eventually."
"It's quiet without them," I said before I started to eat.
"It's peaceful without them," Landon said quietly. I giggled. Buster walked into the kitchen and started eating out of his doggy bowl. It was quiet in the kitchen, because I was eating and Landon was reading the newspaper.
"Can I get my hair cut today?" I asked. I was tired with my hair hanging over my shoulders. Landon's eyes got a little bigger, and he smiled.
"Really? I thought you liked your long hair?"
"No, I do. I just want shorter hair because it gets really hot," I smiled, finishing my second cinnamon roll.
"Well, yeah. I don't see why not. We'll get it cut after the Doctor's, alright?" He smiled.
"Okay. Thank you," I sipped my orange juice.
"I thought then we'd go to Chili's and eat lunch. That sounds good? Edgar really wants to see you again," Landon smiled.
"Yes! I like Edgar," I smiled.
"I know you do. He thinks you're a really cool kid," Landon ruffled my hair and got up to refill his coffee cup.
"I want a haircut like Edgar's," I smiled.
"You really want it that short?" Landon asked, sitting back down.
"Yes! It'll get long again anyways," I said, finishing my third cinnamon roll. I was full and couldn't eat anymore.
"Alright. I guess we can do that," Landon smiled and put my plate in the sink. I finished my orange juice and wiped my face.
"Ready?" Landon asked, grabbing his keys.
"Yes!," I smiled. He smiled and picked me up, then the both of us left. He said the Doctor's was a little while away, so he turned the radio on to some rock music. I sat in the back seat, playing with my light up shoes. I started to get scared, because I didn't like the doctors. Last time I was there with Uncle Kris, they kept giving me shots and stuff. I hated big needles going into me...
♠ ♠ ♠
Short Chapter because the next one will be longer :D