Escape From This Afterlife

Chapter 9

Flashback.

"We're going to be big one day." Brian smiled as he looked out at the ocean.

"Right." I laughed at him, not knowing how talented he actually was.

"We will." He laughed and wrapped his arm around me. "And I'll buy us a house right on the shore. Life will be easy. I'll be getting paid for doing something I love."

"You keep dreaming Brian." I rest my head against his chest and closed my eyes, ready to get to sleep.

"It'll happen. Just watch."

It's been a month and a half since Brian and I have been together. And what a wonderful month and a half it's been. We've never gotten into any fights, we've always been able to see each other plenty, touring or not, and we've just had great times together. It was the day of an Award show, and everyone was excited. They popped open a bottle of champagne to start off the night.

"Here." Brian smiled and handed me a glass.

I kissed him and then sipped mine as a smile spread across my lips. I had been wearing a purple and black dress that reached my knees. My hair was up in curls, and my makeup was subtle. Brian however, was wearing one of his Syn Gates shirts, and a green and black tux jacket with jeans.Still looked good.

After we all finished off the champagne, we headed out to the limo that had been waiting for us in the valet lot in front of the extravagant hotel. Brian crouched in and I followed. He sat down and put his arm on the back of the seat, pulling me into his side. I looked up at him, placed a hand on his cheek, and kissed him sweetly with a smile on my lips. He kissed me back smiling, and put his hand on my shoulder.

It didn't take long to get to the show. We all got out and walked inside, skipping the group of photographers that waited hours and hours to get just one perfect shot of a celebrity. Sucks for them. We got inside and took our seats, which were in the 6th row. "Excited baby?" I asked Brian, lacing our fingers together.

"Mhm." He nodded, looking around at everyone filing in.

2 hours later, the show finally started. The outcome? Avenged Sevenfold won 2 awards. One for best album, and two for viewers choice. I jumped up as they won the second award and kissed Brian. He put his hands on my hips lightly and kissed me back. I pulled away smiling, knowing he had to walk up on stage. I was so proud of them.

The after party. Most likely the best part of any awards show on the planet. Booze for free, food for free, and an excuse to hang out with other celebrities. What could be better? I followed Brian, like I knew what I was doing, and held his hand so we wouldn't get separated. The last thing I'd need is to get separated from my boyfriend in a swarm of celebs.

"On the house," the bartender said as he handed Brian his 4th beer. Brian kept asking how much after every beer. He was very forgetful.

"You shouldn't drink so much." I laughed, sipping the same beer I had been on since Brian's 2nd.

"It's good." He laughed and ordered another one.

"Yeah, well. Can't disagree there." I finally finished mine and then set the empty bottle down. I had 2 beers, and that was enough for me. I wasn't much of a drinker. Just a smoker. Drugs aren't really my thing either. I just can't resist Marlboro's.

"Whoa, Brian!" I laughed as he almost stumbled into the cement wall of the club where the after party was held.

"I'm good, I'm good." He laughed and put his arms up to balance himself. Like that would work.

"Fucking douche bags." I heard someone call as they crossed our paths in the parking lot.

"What'd you say?" Brian slurred standing up straight and squinting at the guy.

"You guys are fucking trash," he said in a disgusted tone. He obviously wasn't a fan. "All you guys fuckin' do is get laid and get drunk. Some musicians you are."

"You want to fucking say it to my face, ya little punk?" Brian walked over, ripping his arms out of my grip.

"Brian!" I called, my throat closing up. I didn't like to see him like this. Angry, and drunk.

"You're fucking trash!" The guy yelled as Brian was in his face.

Brian didn't take a second to do what he did. His arm lifted up behind him, balled into a fist, and knocked the kid out. The guy fell to the ground, and Brian spat on him. "That's what you fucking get you dick."

"Brian!" I yelled, hearing the cops siren.

"Great." He mumbled and leaned against a car.

"Look what you fucking did!" I ran over. "You could've killed him!"

"I didn't, alright? Just leave it alone." He snapped.

"You're getting arrested!" I screamed as the cops got out of their car and ran over.

"I'll be fine. Just go home, Emily."

"God dammit Brian! You always have to fuck things up!" I shoved him and walked away, wiping my eyes. I didn't care at this point if my makeup smeared. My appearance was the last thing on my mind since my boyfriend just got arrested.