Status: In Progress

Boys With Tattoos

.14

Courtney.

I've only been to a hospital once and that was when I broke my arm when I five years old. For some strange reason, I decided to ride my tricycle down thirteen stairs. Once I got to the bottom, I screamed "I did it! I did it!" My Dad ran in from the garage and found my arm bent. Surprisingly, I was in no pain, but I was in pain once the doctor bent it back in place.

I walked into the waiting room and handed a coffee to Brian, "Hear anything?"

He shook his head, "Nope. All I have to say is I'm going to strangle the life out of Jimmy."

"Brian, it's not his fault. Donna chose to do it." I tried to make him calm down, it was scary seeing Brian angry.

When he didn't respond, I took that as a 'leave me alone'. It was going on two in the morning which meant my Dad and Donna's Mom should be here in about 45 minutes. I called them right when it happened and Donna's Mom had to give consent to the doctor's over the phone to examine her. They weren't too happy about her doing drugs, but they just want her to be okay. Suzy and Brian SR just left a little bit ago. They were beyond angry about this, but they decided to just let Brian and I stay here till we heard something.

I let my eyes close and leaned my head back in the chair, trying to relax. Just as I was about to doze off, I felt someone grab my hand. My eyes opened up as a reflex and I wanted to cry when I saw Matt. I didn't realize how much I needed him.

He squeezed my hand and leaned over to kiss my head, "How is She?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I'm not sure. They said they had to pump her stomach, but it doesn't take two hours, does it?"

Matt leaned back into the chair and wrapped his arm around me, knowing that I needed some comfort, "She'll be okay."

I snuggled into him, letting the scent of him wrap around me like a blanket. I already felt a lot calmer with him being here. We laid there for a while when the sound of someone clearing there throat made me jump up. I thought it was the doctor, but it was my Dad and Donna's Mom.

"Dad!" I raced to him and wrapped my arms around his torso. I felt him pull me tight and I felt even better that he was here.

Once we separated, Karen, Donna's Mom looked at me worriedly, "How's Donna?"

"I don't know, they won't tell us anything."

She rolled her eyes, "Well, I'm going to go hunt a doctor down and I won't stop until someone answers me."

Dad looked at her, "I'll go with you." The way he said that made me wonder what was up between them, I figured it was just his father instincts worrying about Donna.

Karen shook her head, "I'll be fine, Tom. Spend some time with Court. I'll let you know if I hear anything." With that, she left the waiting room.

My Dad and I walked back over to Matt, "Oh, Dad. This is Matt, the one you talked to on the phone."

"So you're the one dating my daughter, huh?" My Dad asked, bluntly.

That made my cheeks turn bright red and Matt chuckled, "Not yet. Waiting for the right moment." I smiled at Matt, knowing I wasn't the only one thinking about it.

My Dad scratched his chin, "Well, first I would like to get know you."

Matt nodded, "Oh, absolutely. Courtney has told me a lot about you."

"Hmm.." My Dad sent me a look, but changed the subject, "Who is that? Another one of your friends?" He was gesturing to Brian.

I rolled my eyes, "That's Brian, he's more of Donna's friend, but he's going to be my step brother."

Dad looked at me confusedly, "What?"

Matt knew I was going to be talking to my Dad for awhile, so he got up, "I'm going to get some coffee, would you like some?" He asked my Dad.

"Yeah, sure. Four cream, four sugar."

Matt smiled, "You got it, sir." Then he turned back to me, "I'll be back." I smiled and nodded. He headed for the door and decided to drag Brian along, probably so my Dad and I could have some privacy.

I spent the next twenty minutes catching my Dad up on everything that's happened in my life. He didn't seem to happy about Suzy getting engaged.

"So this Matt guy.. Do you like him a lot?" My Dad finally asked the question.

That made me roll my eyes, but I nodded, "Yeah, I do. He's not like other guys."

Dad scoffed, "That's what you said about the other one."

"Well I'm actually pretty serious about this one." I said, honestly. He treated me like I was the only girl in the world.

He stood up, "Well, I guess I better go give him the talk."

My eyes widened, "If you scare him off-"

"I won't, relax. I just want to get to know him." My Dad said and I let him go. Hopefully, Matt can take it. My Dad has a history of having talks with the guys I go out with and then they never call me again.

The door opened and Karen walked back in, "Well, they let me see her. She's okay now. She's in stable condition. They want to keep her over night to make sure she's okay. Right now, she's pretty delusional. She just kept saying tell Brian I'm sorry. Who's Brian?"

"That's me." Brian said, while walking in.

Karen gave him a good look up and down, "Are you guys friends or something?"

"Or something." Brian chuckled, uneasily.

I smiled, knowing that he wanted to be with Donna more than anything. Maybe Karen can talk some sense into her, "She kind of shut him out. Just like the others."

She sighed, "Brian, don't take it personally. She just had a rough break up last January. It's hard on her. As long as you don't give up on her, she'll cave in."

Brian nodded, "Well it's nice to meet you."

"Aw, same to you, Brian. You seem like a really nice kid. You'd be good for Donna." She said with a smile on her face.

Before Brian could say anything else, the door opened and I sighed, "Fuck." Brian turned around and I watched his hands ball into fists.

Jimmy walked into the room, "Hey-"

Brian didn't let him finish that sentence, he tackled him to the ground and started throwing punches. Karen got worried and looked at me, I just shrugged, acting like I had no idea what was going on.

Matt and my Dad got back in the room and practically dropped their coffees. My Dad grabbed Brian and Matt grabbed Jimmy.

"Get the fuck out out of here. I never want to see your face again!" Brian struggled against my Dad's grip.

My Dad got mad, "What the fuck is going on?!"

I prayed in my head that no one would say what Jimmy did, but Brian was so pissed off, he did anyways, "He's the one that got Donna high and it was laced with something."

If looks could kill, Jimmy would be dead right now.