Status: Please Bear With Us... We both have jobs to work too!

Causing Havoc; As Time Moves On...

Old Habits Die Hard

“Anyway, down to business.”
I turned to face Mario,
”Before I left I asked you to buy that place an-“A set of keys were thrown at me.
“Did it the day you left” Mario smiled, then handed me a silver card “Untraceable, the accounts in a different name, but its most of your money, I managed to get it out before they shut your accounts down, I’ve been waiting for a time when it wouldn’t be too obvious as to who’s it was” he started doing jazz hands “surprise” he sang, I smirked, I’d been foolish to think my friends wouldn’t of been looking out for me.
“Cheers Mario, means a lot” I brought my glass up to my lips finishing the whiskey in one large gulp.
“So, I had an encounter with the council last night, I-“
“You what!?” Plague half shouted, her eyes widening, I raised an eyebrow and waiting until she had stopped muttering obscenities under her breath before carrying on.
“They’ve placed a bounty on me, so nothings really changed there” I smirked “but word has it they’ve got a rat in the nest. They’re too preoccupied with the spate of killings to be after me”
“I wouldn’t be too sure ‘bout that” Mario spoke softly swirling his drink in his hand
“Which gives us enough time to settle back down and reassess things” I carried on ignoring his comment, Plague gave me a pointed look, which I also ignored. I’d managed for years out there on my own, they had no right! I shook my head, getting the rid of those thoughts, Josh’s death still hanging over me. I clapped my hands together before standing, “We’d best be off before it gets dark, don’t want to be too easy of a target” I smiled and turned to Mario, “Thanks again, I owe you one”.
“nonsense, just don’t wear that shirt for the next 100 years and we won’t have a problem” I chuckled as Plague made a face,
“I can do that” clasped his hand in mine shaking it,
“Good luck, to the both of you” I let go of his hand and started walking out the shop, I heard fait footsteps as plague caught up with me.

She shoved her hands in her pockets and glanced at sadly
“Anyone would think there’s something on your mind” I spoke scanning my eyes over the car park,
“Could ask you the same question” she spoke,
“When isn’t there something on my mind” I Saw a large car turn into the carpark entrance and I ducked down behind a white Peugeot, I grabbed Plagues shirt as she stared at me confused, dragging her to the floor.
“What the fuck was that for!?” ; I put my finger to my lips silencing her, “Oh, that car? It’s probably nothing” she sighed
“You can’t trust anything” We both shut up as it parked a few cars over.
“He’s been spotted here!?” a deep voice exclaimed,
“That’s what the witness said, said he was in a lot of pain too”
“So he goes shopping?” they started laughing. We watched as two bulky men wandered straight past us and into back door of the building. I stood quickly and sprinted over to the Ford GT I had spotted earlier,
“I see your taste in cars hasn’t changed a bit” I just chuckled as I threw myself underneath the car and started the mess with the wires.

We’d been driving for an hour straight into the heart of London, in comfortable silence, just revealing in the fact we were back together considering the last time we had seen each other.
I pulled into a large car park for the tall apartment building, 48 Floors, perfection.
I Got out the car and waltzed through the main entrance, the lobby had marble floors and pillars, gold trim on the desks and elevator buttons. The receptionist didn’t even glance up from her magazine, rolling my eyes i stepped into the lift, Plague just stared at me,
“Home sweet home” I spoke dangling the keys in front of her.
“It’s a bit…”
“Normal?”
“Posh” she made a face and stepped into the lift,
“I think after 250 years I could treat myself to a nice house” I looked at her smiling
“I liked the old houses, they were like us”
“what old, boring and decrepit” I laughed, she shook her head
“Do I look decrepit to you?” she turned to face me glaring,
“no you look…” I paused unsure of how to dig myself out of this hole, I opted for pressing the button for the 48th floor.
“go on…” she bit her lip waiting for me to slip.
“Lovely?” She stood for a moment as if straining to remember something, suddenly it hit me
“don’t you dare!” I Fell to my knees gripping me head in agony, “Knock it off” I spluttered. She started laughing and the pain vanished.
“still got it” she smirked.

We stopped in front of a dark blue door, the end of the corridor, my new home. I turned the key in the lock and stepped in.
The floors were bare and covered in dust, the room opened out into a large living and kitchen space, the entire far wall was made of glass, overlooking the city. The only furniture happened to be an aged sofa thick with dust. I’d completely forgotten I’d been gone for 50 years; I walked towards the three large bedrooms. Each one had a simple single bed, just a bare mattress and a cover on each one. Plague walked past me through the door and dumped herself on the mattress.
“This one’s mine” she spoke, end of discussion.
“Of course it is, it’s the bigger one” I rolled my eyes and walked in to, shutting the door behind me.
“What are you doing?” She raised her eyebrows.
“helping you.”
“by watching me sleep?” she laughed
“No, by stopping you from leaving” I Spoke before sitting down cross legged in front of the door,
“And I’ll wait all day and night if I have too” She didn’t look too pleased.
“Can’t we start tomorrow”
“no”
“Please”
“We’re not discussing this” She frowned and started to look puzzled again; I shut my eyes and let the darkness fall over me. My eyes snapped open, dark as night. She glared at me
“Why is it not working” She snarled
“Because you’re out of practise and I’ve been living this for every day of my life.” I cracked my knuckles, “As I said, this isn’t up for discussion, now sleep”.
I had never been able to control myself when the darkness took over; I was always a victim to myself. But after years alone, I learnt to control it, fight after fight, after constant near misses, I had grown stronger. I was no longer weak and unfit; I was at the height of my power.
I heard a snore fall softly out of Plague, my eyes turned back to their normal purple. She was out of practise, weak, nothing a few training sessions wouldn’t sort out. My mind drifted back to our past, our old friends. We had changed so much, yet not at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took me long. I've been battling CVS and now im finally better it took me the better part of 2 hours to figure out how to upload a chapter... So sue me ^_^