Emotionless? If Only...

Chapter 1

OMG FIRST CHAPTER!!!! LIKE! RATE! same old , same old!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Naruto's POV)

"Ugh, are we there yet?"

"No so stop your whinning," Jiraiya sighed.

"But its been forever!" I complained while locking my hands behind my head. 'When is this guy going to stop?' I thought, we literally haven't stopped walking for almost 3 days straight. "Ugh, I need a break" I didn't wait for pervysage and just plopped down under a huge oak tree, "come on pervy-sage don't tell me your old bones don't ache."

Jiraiya just gave me the i-really-wish-i-could-kill-you glare, sighed, and sat right down next to me. 'Hn, knew it.'

"Jeez for a ninja you're really lazy you know?" Jiraiya opened up his bag and took out a piece of bread, giving it to me. "What do you mean lazy! We have been walking for 3 days straight!!!" I took the bread chewing on it angrily "Seriously pervy-sage when are we going to actually you know sleep!" He just raised his eyebrow as if he didn't know what I was talking about. "You know," I went slow for him to understand pronouncing the word by each syllable like he was a child, "sl-ee-p. Its when you rest your head, an---" I couldn't finish my sentence before being smacked down.

"I KNOW WHAT IT IS YOU IDIOT!!!" Jiraiya's face bright red with anger. "Honestly, I'm not going senile you know!"

I leaped up to my feet raising my clenched fist to my face. "Geez, whats your problem pervy-sage!"

"I told you to stop calling me that!" i got punch down again. 'ouch...'

(around a hour later)

Jiraiya got up from where he was sitting, "alright lets get going."

"But its almost sun-down," i started getting up anyways knowing that complaining would just cause problems again, "we should settle for the night."

"No, we've already wasted too much time." He starts walking off. I groaned and followed. 'sleeeeeepppppp!!!!'

"Besides its not even close to sun down, we still got a couple of hours to go."

I stopped and looked at the sky. 'Will you look at that, he's right... whoops xD'

So we kept walking...

and walking...

and...

walking...

I leaned on a tree for support. I've reached my limit, and I was starting to feel the effects of almost no sleep for 72 hours. Groaning I almost called Jiraiya back, but noticed that he continued walking. 'Eh? How does he keep goi--"

"Hey Naruto!"

"Huh?"

"Why don't we rest here for the night?" He smiled at me, but I noticed the bags under his eyes, "You do look pretty tired, lazy."

I just grinned. Like I cared if he's technically insulting me, i finally get to sleep! :D yes! I didn't even lay down on my sleeping bag, as soon as my head hit the grass I was enveloped by black as I finally, finally, slept.

(in the morning)

Someone was shaking me trying to wake me up, damn. "Naruto, come on get up." I rolled to my side, "Five more minu-" water was poured on my face. "Gah!" I leaped to my feet ready to spring on my sensei "What the hell was that for old man!!!!"

Jiraiya just sighed, getting up to his feet and handing me food. "We have to get moving. We're almost there. We only have a couple of days left..." I took the food willingly, but looked at Jiraiya like he was crazy. "You know," i started to speak, "you still haven't told me where we're going yet..."

"Hmm? I haven't?"

"NO you haven't you moron!" I screamed as Jiraiya just scratched his head and smiled awkwardly. "Whoops xD," was all he said and i sweat dropped. "Come on old man you can't be old enough to start forgetting stuff!" All he did was laugh and walked ahead of me.

"Well were going to see some old friends of mine," he smiled from ear to ear at the thought.

"Oh, yeah? Who?"

"Queen Diana and her sister Hecate."

I looked at him suspiciously, "you're not going to see them just to pervy on them right?"

"Wha? No no!" I could swear I saw him blush. Regaining his posture he continued, "They're just old friends of mine. You see they're Village, Village of the Dense Forests, is currently at war with the Village of the Running Stream. Queen Diana's husband, King Leon, is at the front of the war helping his soldiers as of right now so Diana has written me a letter asking me to come to help protect the Village from enemy attacks. The poor thing has been paranoid about losing another fam--" he stopped suddenly.

"Another what?" I asked curiously, but before Jiraiya could reply a huge tiger leaped from the bushes and raced past us. Jiraiya instantly dived to the left, not wanting to be knocked down by the beast, but I stood where i was (mostly because one night of rest did nothing for my body so there was no way I could move) and what I saw was a huge shock.

On the back of the tiger (and may I say that was the biggest tiger I've ever seen, its height may reach up to the shoulders of a horse) rode a girl. It was as if time slowed down as I took in every detail of the rider. She looked around my age, with long blonde hair that flowed behind her, and striking green eyes. Something else caught my eye; a red tattoo on her right shoulder I know I've seen it somewhere, but I just can't put my finger on it.

As I stood there in awe she didn't even look my way, she had her eyes set ahead. And as much as I wanted it to stay in slow motion, as quick as a blink of an eye time caught up with me; the tiger and the mysterious girl rode off deeper into the forest. 'Who was that?'

"What the---" Jiraiya started but was cut off when two black horses with men as riders jump out from the same bush as the girl did, racing in the same path as her too. It was obvious they were chasing after her. I clenched my fists 'Like hell I'm gonna let that happen.'

"Yo pervy-sage! Hurry up!" I yelled I a raced after the pursuers, charging my way through the forest's undergrowth.

(Jairaiya's POV)

"Naruto! WAIT!" I sighed. 'ugh, impulsive moron.'

Usually I would've ran after him as fast as I could, but i realized who was on that tiger. Someone that I know I can trust. Konoha's Moon Huntress.

I smiled at the thought of seeing her again, its been almost 5 years....

(Artemis POV)

'Come on, when are they going to give up!' I thought as Aria and I ran through the forest. I looked back and I saw them there, still chasing me. Turd nuggets...

"Artemis, shoot them already!" Aria roared.

I knew she meant to use my bow and arrow, but....

"I can't."

"Just use it already!"

"No I can't and ,you know why!" I wanted to keep yelling, Aria's anger was feeding my own, damn I hate when that happens.

Aria growled, but kept running anyways. I looked back again and saw the men were falling further behind, a feeling of hope swelled within me. 'We're going to make it!'

We sprang over branches and used a tree to leap even further, landing safely back on the ground, but what I saw made that feeling of hope fade. Aria skidded to a stop, panting while I stared at what laid ahead with wide eyes. I gripped her fur harder and screamed in frustration. "YOU GOTTA BE FREAKING KIDDING ME!"

Because blocking our path was literally a rock wall, usually we could climb over it but Aria and I are almost out of chakra. 'shit.'

"Now what?" Aria asked, her sides were heaving and I knew I couldn't make her run anymore. I leaped off her, "Artemis, what are you doing?" she said shakily. I looked at her, she was wobbling and her breath was getting faster. 'I gotta do this, for her.'

The men had their horses come to a trot and chuckled. "Poor thing, your trapped aren't you." One man had a grin while the other jumped off his horse and started making his way towards me. Aria growled, but when she tried to walk in front of me she stumbled to the floor. She tried getting up, but slumped back to the floor closing her eyes. "Aria!"

The man just laughed, "Awww poor kitty can't protect you anymore."

I drew a kunai from my pouch and got into a fighting stance. 'damn, I-I can't do this. But, I have to protect Aria.'

I was already preparing for the worst, when all of a sudden a blonde came rushing in.

"Get away from her, you bastards!"

(Naruto POV)

"Get away from her, you bastards!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, landing a punch on the man who was still on the horse. He landed on the ground, got one good look at me and headed in the opposite direction. I instantly turned my attention to the man that was making his way towards the girl. Clenching my fists I ran towards him. He dodged my punch.

"You know you shouldn't get too angry around a young lady, it's just not polite." he smirked, stealing a look at the girl. She was stiff and was holding her chest.

"You ass hole, what did you do to her!?" I threw kunais at him, he dodged every single one. 'Who the hell is this guy ?'

He didn't answer me just looked at the girl behind me and said, "You got lucky this time." The wind started to pick up, leaves swirled around him, covering his body, and when the wind subsided he was gone. 'The hell...'

"Aria!" I turned around to look at the girl. She was leaning over her tiger panic-stricken.

(Artemis POV)

"Aria!" I looked at my tiger's matted fur. 'This is all my fault.'

"Hey," it was that kid, the blonde one with blue eyes, the one that saved me. I never felt more embarrassed before in my life. "are you alright?"

"I'm fine, but Aria..."

"Here." a bucket of water was placed by my side and I had to restrain myself from jumping up and giving that old man a hug. Its been way too long...

"Thanks Jiraiya," I tried to reply with no ounce of emotion in my voice. He just nodded his head and motioned the boy the give me some space. I looked at the wall trying my best at tuning everything out and concentrating on the jutsu I was about to preform.

(Naruto POV)

I stared at her intently as she just stared at the wall with the bucket of water by the side. What the hell was happening? I stole a glance at Jiraiya trying to see if he knew what was going on. "Psst Gramps," I whispered so I wouldn't bother the girl, "why did you bring her water?"

He just ignored me, staring intently at the girl. OK, I'M EXTREMELY LOST!

I was just about to ask again until the girl performed some hand symbols before clasping her hands together and I was awed by what happened next.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Woohoo cliff hanger ;-) find out what happens next