Emotionless? If Only...

Chapter 4: Complications

Recap:

Naruto stared at me, extremely silent until one of my warriors barged in, almost taking my door off with him. "Idiot what do you think-" he cut me off, "Elder three warriors are extremely wounded as is Star."

My eyes widened, no not Star.... Anyone but her... "Where is Artemis?"

"They are all in Star's hut." and with that I raced out and into my apprentices hut.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

(Naruto POV)

Jiraiya and I raced after the Elder into another old hut. In it was at least twenty people clustered together, all breaking down in tears and I saw why. In the middle of the room were three beds, each one of them held a man severely cut up with wounds, their eyes gazing into nothingness. Lifeless. Emotionless.

I felt my stomach twist with sorrow just by looking at the men. I visibly saw the Elder shake uncontrollably and Jiraiya was stiff as a board. And I could understand why. "Tsk," I started to clench my fist, my eyes were starting to mist. 'How could someone do this, why did-'

"It's pointless in crying, ya know."

I looked up and scanned the room to find that it was Artemis that spoke. She was at the side of one of the fallen warrior's bed with a girl next to her holding the warrior's hand. The girl, and everyone else, snapped her head to turn at Artemis, her black hair was flipped to the side and her green eyes burned into Artemis'. But Artemis didn't react, she just kept staring at the man before her and that's when I noticed how her eyes looked. Like that man's. Emotionless.

"What did you say?" my anger started to pipe up as she slowly rested her eyes on me her facial expressions was calm, "How can you say something like that! Weren't they your friends?"

"Of course they were," she motioned Aria to her side and I saw the tiger slip her something into her hand before Artemis slipped it into her mouth, " but tears won't bring them back, so it's useless in shedding them."

She then stood and walked towards me until our faces were only a couple of inches away from each other. "Crying will only bring you pain and hopelessness knowing that you could do nothing about it."

"It's a sign of emotion!" I yelled at her grabbing her shoulders and shaking her a little bit."DON'T YOU HAVE THE DECENCY TO SHOW YOUR COMRADES SOME RESPECT!!!"

Grabbing my wrists she pulled my hands off her shoulder, "Shinobi's aren't suppose to let their emotions take them over. You, Naruto, should be very well aware of that." I noticed that she hasn't let go my hands yet "We must keep out emotions masked for the sake of the mission."

"Mission," I pulled my hands away and leaned closer to her were our noses started to bumped against each other, "if you haven't notice. We. Aren't. On. A .MISSION!" i growled each word, pulling my face back so i fully glare at her. She just looked calm, "Hn. You may not be, but as of right now the Clan is."

"Artemis," the girl that was holding the warrior's hand spoke up, "what do you mean we'll be on a mission?"

Staring back at the girl, with her eyes softening, Artemis replied, "Star you heard what he said before he passed.."

Silence filled the room until Star spoke up, "Please everyone besides the Leaf Shinobi leave. "

As the bystanders left Jiraiya and I sat in one of the chairs that was present. The Elder, Star, and Artemis continued to stand though.

"Alright Moon Huntress," Jiraiya said bluntly, "Spill it."

Sighing she motioned all of us to sit, while giving Pervy-sage a glare for calling her that. 'Moon Huntress?'

Ugh this day is getting weirder and weirder -____-....

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Sorry for making it short :-P, but the next one will be better lol

Me- Disclaimer

Sakura- She no own Naruto characters!

Me- why you talk like dat?

Sakura- IDK you da one who typin dis

Me- ohhhh yeaz xD