Unbreakable

(II)- Panza

Free falling, Emily couldn't get over how exhilarating it felt. Within seconds it was over as she had to manoeuvre herself so she was swinging upright, towards the glass window to Concezio's suite. It was clear Murphy and Conner had done the same as they began firing at the glass to shatter it. When her knees touched the floor she instantly began cutting the rope from around her waist. Whilst she was doing so she heard Murphy shout 'Em' but it wasn't until she looked up that she realised why. As Murphy and Conner slid on either side of the table, Emily was heading straight into it. She shifted slightly so she rammed sideways into it. She instantly felt a sharp pain on her head and arm but she didn't have time to dwell on it because she was on her feet and shooting within seconds. She took out two guys as she walked towards the brothers who were still on their knees shooting. One guy dived into a built in panic room and Emily immediately thought it was Concezio, but as the gun fire came to an end she realised it wasn't. Cowering by the panic room down was Concezio Yakavetta. He knew his fate was sealed and didn't put up any fight as Murphy and Conner grabbed him and dragged his into the middle of the room. "Shit Em, ye're bleeding!" Murphy said rather loudly causing them all to look at her, even Concezio. "Serves you right, you fucking bitch!" Concezio said through clenched teeth before spitting on the ground in front of Emily. "What the fuck did ye just call her, ye motherfucker?!" Murphy immediately kicked him in the back sending him flying to the ground, much like Conner did to Yakavetta in the court room. However this time Emily didn't move back, she placed her foot of the side of Concezio's face so it rubbed against his spit. "I guess the apple didn't fall very far from the tree, huh? I actually feel sorry for you; with a father like yours, you didn't stand a chance" Concezio struggled under Emily's foot to try and get up...clearly the truth was hard for him to hear. "God forbid you have children! Your mother must be a heartless bitch for you to turn out the way you have! What kind of role model would you be? How far would that apple fall,huh? I'd actually feel sorry for you child; with a mother like you, it wouldn't stand a chance" Concezio laughed cruelly; feeling a slight amount of pressure being lifted from his face, he knew he had hit a weakness. Emily glanced up a Murphy with tears in her eyes, but his expression was blank and unreadable. Emily looked around her, blood and bodies everywhere. Concezio was much like his father, the boys turned out extremely similar to Noah and that happened without them even growing up with him, what if hers and Murphy's baby followed suit. "And what about your father, huh? What's that asshole like?" Emily was instantly filled with rage and anger and cocked the hammer of her gun. Without even thinking she shot him in the back of both knees causing him to cry out in pain. She removed her foot from his face so that Conner and Murphy could finish him properly. Whilst they were doing their family prayer, Emily grabbed a spray can of ammonia and sprayed her blood from the table and droplets on the floor. Romeo came over to her and wrapped a cloth from the table around her cut arm. She was extremely thankful she didn't stab herself when she collided with the table. She had cut her arm pretty badly but it was a deep cut and the cut on her head was also minimal. "In Nomeni Patri Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti" two muffle gunshots fired and Emily didn't even have to look to know it was done. "Ding dong, motherfucker! Ding dong!" Romeo yelled, making Emily jump as he finished securing the cloth around her arm. Murphy walked over to Emily as brushed some hair away from the cut on her forehead to get a better look. "Ye alright?" Emily couldn't bring herself to look at him; with her telling him about the pregnancy and him witnessing what Concezio saying to her about being a mum, she felt embarrassed and slightly uncomfortable. He placed his hand under her chin and made her look up at him, he had his eyebrow raised expectantly. "Are you?" Emily asked quietly but emphasised the 'you' to show she wasn't making general chitchat. "We'll talk about that later, we gotta go. Sure yer alright though?" he took Emily's hand and led her out of the room with the others, the plan being to get out the way they came in. "Ive got a massive headache, a numbing feeling in my arm and a baby growing inside of me, but other then that-" Murphy turned to her with a slightly pissed off expression which she knew was due to the baby comment, "Yes, I'm fine."

Conner, Murphy and Emily sat at the bar cleaning their weapons while Doc sat at a table behind them. There was a knock at the door and Doc slowly began standing up but Emily jumped off her stool and offered to get it for him. He gratefully accepted her offer and sat back down. Emily got to the door and unlocked it to let Greenly in, he stopped to give her a kiss of the cheek before continuing to the bar. Emily was about to shut the door when I foot became ledge, stopping it from fully closing. A man pushed it fully open which so much force that Emily slammed against the wall with the door pinning her there. Before she knew what was happening he had grabbed her and placed a hand over her mouth to stop her screaming. He hurriedly pushed her in the direction Greenly had just went until they were in touching distance of him. "Sack-o-matic, I said!" Emily watched in horror as the man lifted a gun and fired it. Greenly fell to the ground in front of her and all she could do was let out muffled screams. She saw Murphy and Conner dart over the table before her eyes locked on a terrified Doc. The man pushed her towards him, turned her around so she was now facing the bar and sat them down. Emily was perched on his left leg while Doc was sat on his right. He now had an arm around Doc's neck and was pointing a gun to her head with the other. Emily could hear Murphy and Conner discussing where she was; obviously they had dived out the bar before spotting her and the man. Suddenly they popped up from behind the gun with guns levelled, Murphy's eyes locked with Emily's instantly. "Put dem down! Throw dem over!" the man yelled slightly, close to her ear. She couldn't figure out the accent but it suddenly clicked that she didn't need to. Eunice said Panza was an immigrant and obviously had a hatred towards the saints, it made perfect sense. The boys do not flinch although Murphy looks extremely tempted to do as he said in the hope he'd let Emily go. "Throw dem over!" Panza yells again, this time pressing the gun harder against Emily's head. This time they did what he asked and tossed the guns over the bar, Murphy's gaze never leaving Emily's. "Brothers, eh? Which one first? This one?" he whispers closely to her ear, aiming his gun at Murphy. "Dee other, eh?" Warm tears began rolling down her cheek at the thought of either of them being shot. As he cocks back the hammer of his gun a silence POP! rings out from the shadows. Panza cried out in pain and released Emily and Doc to caress his now bleeding hand. Emily immediately ran to Greenly's side as he began coughing up blood, Murphy and Conner joined her by his side within seconds. "Jesus Christ!" Murphy said more to himself then anyone in particular. Conner shouted for Doc to call an ambulance but Emily already knew it was too late; he looked just like Rocco did before he died. Emily took his hand and squeezed it tightly as she began sobbing. Greenly turned to look at her slightly and faintly smiled a 'it's alright' smile. "Hang in there, brother. They're comin'."
"Naw, guys...it's over. Don't worry...proudest day of my life" he struggled to speak but once he had finished what he wanted to say, he began seizing and was gone in seconds. The three of them sat in anguish, Murphy cradling a broken Emily. Everyone she cared about always seemed to leave her and in some way...it was always her fault. Her mum because she could handle raising her, her dad because she pleaded with him to skip a red light, Rocco because she was holding the gun that shot him and now Greenly because she didn't try hard enough to warn him. She was so lost in thought, she hadn't noticed Conner and Murphy stand up and point their guns in Panza's face. She slowly stood up and looked to see what was going on. Noah had his gun aimed at Panza's head and Panza mirrored his actions, obviously there where having a game of Russian roulette. Now Emily had to watch to see who would come out on top, praying that Noah wouldn't be added to the list of deaths.