Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

Victory

“Jules, you've got to tell them.” Billie stated as he perched himself on my bed railing. It had been nearly two weeks since Billie invited me to move in with him... and I had yet to tell my parents. I plopped down on my bed and hid my face in the nearest pillow.

“I know.” I mumbled. Feeling pathetic that my own boyfriend had to scold me for not doing what I should have done weeks ago. Billie moved from the bed railing and sat down next to me.

“Well, if you know, why haven't you?” He questioned. I sat up and removed the pillow from my face.

“I'm scared.” I said quietly. Billie looked at me surprised.

“Scared? You've done scarier shit than this baby.” He said while putting his arm around me. I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder.

“What if they get mad at me?” I asked while picking at the hole in my jeans. Billie snorted.

“Then they'll have to be mad at me too because we're in this together.” He stated while hugging me close to him. I smiled.

“Have I mentioned that I love you?” I asked while kissing his cheek. Billie laid back on the bed and pulled me with him.

“A couple of times.” He said with a smirk. I smacked him playfully.

“Jerk off.” I mumbled.

“Only at the thought of you baby.” He snickered. I stared at him.

“You're so gross.” I said with a laugh.

“Yes, but you still love me.” He said with a cheeky grin. I rolled eyes.

“That I do, my love, that I do.” I replied while I leaned over and kissed his lips.

~***~

The sound of my parents car pulling in the driveway made my stomach drop. I nervously popped my knuckles and waited to hear them walk through the front door. I felt Billie come up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist. “It's going to be fine babe. I'm right here.” He whispered. I nodded as he grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. I was about to drop not one, but two bomb shells on my parents, I was back together with Billie and I was moving in with him. I watched nervously as my parents each looked up from the couch.

“Hey Jules, what are...” My mother stopped in mid sentence as she noticed Billie's hand in mine. “I didn't know you were coming over, Billie.” She said hesitantly. I sat down carefully on the love seat next to the couch and Billie soon followed.

“We have something we need to talk to you two about.” I stated, while trying to keep a steady voice. Mom raised an eyebrow.

“What's going on Julia?” She inquired. I looked at Billie, then back at her.

“We, um. We...are back to-together.” I stuttered out. Mom looked at Dad then back at me.

“Since when?” She questioned. I looked down at my shoes.

“Since Gilman, about a month ago.” I confessed. Dad cleared his throat.

"Why have you waited so long to tell us?” He asked. I bit my lip.

“I wasn't sure how you two would react, considering everything that happened.” I admitted. Mom sighed.

“Well, I don't really know how I feel about this. Julie, did you really think this through?” She asked hesitantly. I rolled my eyes.

“Mom, there wasn't much to think about. I'm in love with him.” I stated.

“There...there's something else we have to tell you.” I continued. Dad raised his eyebrows.

“Tell me you're not pregnant.” He pleaded. My eyes widened. I looked at Billie, who was just as embarrassed by my dad's statement as I was. Billie shook his head.

“She's not pregnant. We just wanted to ask you if you'd be okay with her living with me.” Billie said quickly. I looked at my mom, who was on the verge of tears.

“Julie, you just graduated. You're wanting to move out already?” She asked quietly. I licked my lips.

“Mom, I love Billie and I want to live with him. It's not that I'm mad at you guys or anything like that, he asked me and I accepted.” Mom wiped her eyes and looked at Billie.

“Where will you be living?” She demanded. Billie held my hand.

“I found this old warehouse, and I'm going to turn it into an apartment.” She nodded and looked at my dad, they whispered for a second and then looked back at us.

“Are you two sure this is what you want?” My dad asked. I looked at Billie and smiled.

“Yes, positive.” I answered. Mom closed her eyes and sighed.

“Okay, Jules if this is what you want, we'll support you on it, but Billie if you do anything to hurt her like you did again, I will personally come and kick your ass.” She threatened. I was shocked. It's very rare to hear my mother swear, and to do it towards Billie let me know she meant business. Billie put his arm around me and squeezed.

“She'll be safe with me, I promise.” He stated. Mom looked down at her hands, then back at me.

“When are you starting on it?” She questioned. I looked at Billie questioningly. He sighed.

“Uh, as soon as possible I guess.” He said while scratching his head. Mom nodded.

“This isn't just so you two can have sex right?” She asked him. I felt my stomach drop for the third time that night. Billie kept his face neutral.

“No, ma'am. Sex isn't why I'm with Julie. She means more to more than that.” He stated. I felt my heart swell. As much as we joked about sex, it's really not what our relationship is about. We pledged our love for each other months before we ever even thought about having sex. I watched as mom tried to fight the urge to smile.

“I'm going to hold you to that Billie. I trust you with Julie.” She asserted. I smiled.

“Does that mean you're okay with this?” I questioned.Mom and Dad looked at each other and smiled, not a full smile but they tried.

“Yes. As long as it's for the right reason.” They answered. I leaped up and wrapped my arms around both of them.

“I love you guys. You have no idea how happy this makes me.” I whispered to them. I was so excited that I had made it though such an awkward conversation and came out on top. We talked for a few more minutes and finally left the room. I was walking Billie to his car when we finally were alone. Billie pulled me into a hug.

“I'm so proud of you baby.” He whispered as he kissed my cheek. I smiled at him.

“Look's like you've got yourself a roommate.” I purred while putting my arms around his neck. Billie smirked and kissed my lips.

“I love you, Jules and I was serious when I said that you mean more to me than just sex.” He assured me. I smiled.

“I know that, and I love you too.” I said as I pressed my lips to his. Billie ran his hands up and down my back before getting into his car.

“I'll see you later roommate.” I said as he started the car. He winked at me and smirked before pulling out of the driveway. I watched as his tail lights faded and had to stop myself from doing a victory dance in my front yard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter. I rewrote it like 3 times. Let me know what you think. :)