Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

Home

Four months and a dozen paint swatches later, Billie and I were finally moved into our new house. My parents helped a little with the remodeling and renovation, but everything else was me and Billie. I couldn't believe the day had finally come and I was moving out of the home where I first met Billie. It was a little bittersweet. Mom had been crying all week and today was no different. She held me by the hands and looked right in my eyes.

“Now Julie, sniff I want you to promise me you'll be okay here.” She sobbed. I looked at her and fought the urge to sob too.

“Mom, Billie will take care of me. I'll be fine.” I assured her. She nodded and looked at my dad.

“I'm too young for this.” She sighed. I hugged each of them one more time and watched as they got into their car. Billie came up beside me and put his arm around me. I watched as they pulled out of 'our' driveway and waved one last time. I could feel tears brimming in my eyes and I stood still, as blurry tail lights disappeared down the road. Billie turned to look at me and I bit my lip.

“You okay?” He whispered. I shook my head and buried my face in his shirt and sobbed. Billie wrapped his arms around me. “Aww baby, it's okay.” He soothed while kissing my head.

“I'm-I'm going to miss th-them. I sobbed. Billie chuckled lightly.

“They're only an hour away, honey.” He stated while swaying back and forth. I sniffed and pulled away. Billie's face softened and he took my face in his hands, wiping away the tears that streaked my face. “Please don't cry baby.” He pleaded. “It makes me sad.” He said while sticking out his bottom lip. I smiled a little and sniffed.

“I didn't think it would hit me that hard.” I confessed while hugging him. Billie nodded.

“That's understandable. I almost cried when I left my mom the first time.” He told me. I rolled my eyes.

“Bullshit, you're just saying that.” I argued while wiping my eyes with my sleeve. Billie chuckled.

“Did it make you feel better?” He asked.

I shrugged. “A little.” I answered glumly. Billie grabbed my hand.

“We're home now, babe.” He whispered. I smiled.

“Home. I like the sound of that.” I said while hugging his waist.

~***~

My first week living with Billie had been crazy. We stayed up all night and slept all day, smoked pot for hours, and I had been on an adrenaline high for days. That all came to a screeching halt this morning when I woke up in a cold sweat and sat in the bathroom puking for over an hour. Evidently eating pizza and beer for three days could definitely catch up with you. Billie had left early this morning to start recording Green Day's second album, so I had been alone most of the day. It was around 3:30 when I heard him walk through the front door.

“Jules?” He called from the kitchen. I raised my head up from our bed, and plopped back down.

“In here.” I mumbled from the pillow. I heard his footsteps coming down the hallway, they came to halt in the doorway of our bedroom.

“Hey, what's the matter? You sick?” He asked while walking towards the bed.

“You could say that.” I mumbled while putting my head under my pillow. I felt the bed sink next to me and Billie's hand ran up my back.

“You throw up?” He questioned. I nodded.

“Three fucking times.” I moaned while peeking my head from under the pillow. Billie offered me a sympathetic smile.

“You're not pregnant, right?” He asked half joking. I rolled my eyes.

“No. We're safe for another month.” I replied sarcastically while sitting up. Billie leaned over me and pecked my lips.

“I'm honestly surprised we've made it this far without some kind of scare.” I replied seriously. Billie scratched his head.

“We were safe for a little while.” He claimed. I rolled my eyes.

“Safe? Define safe.” I demanded. Billie stretched out across the bed.

“I pulled out a few times.” He argued. I stared at him.

“Billie, It only counts if you pull out before you finish.” I scolded. Billie rolled his eyes.

“Well, you're the one that decided to stop taking the pill.” He chided. I sighed.

“Okay, so neither one of us have been very careful.” I admitted while laying down next to him. I grabbed his hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. “Besides, if we had a baby out of wedlock I'm pretty sure my mom would cut your dick off.” I laughed. Billie's eyes widened and his hand went to his crotch.

“No. She wouldn't.” He pleaded. I rolled my eyes.

“Billie, she still thinks we haven't had sex. I had to lie and tell her the guest room was mine. We're just going to have to be more careful.” I informed him. Billie nodded and kissed my head.

I ran my fingers through his hair. "How did the recording go?" I asked, trying to change the subject. Billie looked down at me.

"Good, I think we're almost finished." He explained. I turned over and climbed on top of him and laid my chin on his chest. Billie raised his eyebrows in surprise. I smirked.

“You never did show me that song you were writing.” I inquired. Billie turned away shyly, pretending he didn't hear me.

“C'mon, Armstrong, it's been over five months I know you finished it.” I speculated. Billie rolled his eyes and sighed.

“You really wanna hear it?” He asked. I nodded my head quickly. He pushed me off him and walked towards the living room. He came back with Blue in his hand and a notebook in the other. He sat down beside me and opened the notebook. He placed Blue across his lap and pointed at me with his pick between his fingers.

“If this is total shit I want you to tell me. Got it?” He commanded. I smiled and nodded. He looked down at Blue and strummed the first cord.

"Juliet's trying to find out what she wants, but she don't know
Experience has got her down
Look this direction, I know it's not perfection, it's just me...
I want to bring you up again now

Cause' I'm losing what's left of my dignity
A small price to pay to see that you're happy
Forget all the disappointments you have faced
Open up your worried world and let me in

Juliet's crying cause now she's realizing love can be
Filled with pain and distrust
I know I am crazy, and a bit lazy
But I will try to bring you up again now

Cause' I'm losing what's left of my dignity
A small price to pay to see that you're happy
Forget all the disappointments you have faced
Open up your worried world and let me in

Juliet's crying cause now she's realizing love can be
Filled with pain and distrust
I know I am crazy, and a bit lazy
But I will try to bring you up again some how

Cause' I'm losing what's left of my dignity
A small price to pay to see that you're happy
Forget all the disappointments you have faced
Open up your worried world and let me in."


The song ended and Billie peeked up at me as I sat there in awe. He sat Blue next to the bed and sat down in front of me.

“So, what do ya think?” He asked shyly. I grabbed his face and kissed him.

“I can't believe you remembered.” I whispered against his lips. Billie chuckled while wrapping his arms around me. What most people didn't know is that my birth name is Juliet. My mother named me after the Shakespearean novel, “Romeo and Juliet” but called me Julia in honor of my grandmother. Billie was the only person that really knew. I pulled away from him and grabbed his face again.

“I fucking love you.” I whispered while kissing him again. Billie laughed and pulled away.

“I take it that you like it then?” He asked. I nodded quickly.

“It's perfect. Don't change anything.” I commanded while pushing him back on the bed. I kissed him roughly while I straddled his waist and quickly went to unbutton his jeans. Billie raised his eyebrows questioningly as I tugged them down.

“What are you doing?” He snickered. I looked up at him and smirked while I unbuttoned my shirt.

“Do you really have to ask?” I replied sarcastically while throwing it to the floor. Billie raised up and pinned me underneath him.

“Sex in the afternoon? When did you become so naughty Ms. Warner?” He asked while reaching down between us to pull down my sweatpants. I smirked and pulled his shirt over his head.

“Don't get used to it lover boy. This is just my way of saying thank you.” I explained.

Billie smirked. “I'll have to write you songs more often.” He mumbled as he reached over to grab a condom out of the nightstand drawer. I raised my eyebrows.

"Did I scare you with all that baby talk?" I taunted. Billie rolled his eyes.

"No, babies don't scare me. Your mother however..." He teased while pressing his lips to mine again.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are seriously the best, almost 70 readers!!! Once again, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)