Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

You and Me

Our hands intertwined as we walked towards the maternity section of the hospital. The sight of pregnant women and their new babies made my nerves even worse than they already were as I gripped Billie's hand tightly. He gasped.

“Babe, ease up.” He whispered. My eyes widened as I loosened my grip and tried to pull my hand away, but Billie held it firmly.

“I said to ease up, not let go.” He whispered while rubbing his thumb over my hand. I sighed.

“I'm sorry, I'm just nervous.” I explained while walking towards the receptionist who was busy working a crossword puzzle. She looked friendly, wore glasses and her hair was graying slightly. I smiled at her and tried to not notice the 'veteran' mothers that were staring a hole through me. “I'm here to see Dr. Parker.” I whispered. She smiled at me.

“Have you been with us before?” She asked. I shook my head. She looked around her cluttered desk and handed me a clipboard and an ink pen.

“Fill these out and the doctor will see you shortly.” She informed me while going back to her crossword. I nodded and looked at Billie who was already sitting down in a chair. I sat down next to him and my eyes wandered around the room. The walls were hung with pictures of newborns and expectant mothers. Most of the women in the room were much further along than I was and I subconsciously looked down at my own stomach. Billie puts his arm around me and leaned close to my ear.

“They're here for the same reason we are, Jules.” He whispered. I smiled a little and started to fill out the paperwork. By the time I had finally finished, half of the mothers had already gone to see the doctor and left. I nervously chewed on the side of my thumb when a woman called my name.

“Juliet Warner?”

Billie and I looked up and rose from our seats and walked towards the nurse. She looked to be at least twenty-three and I couldn't help but wonder how she was working in a maternity ward and not modeling on a runway. She annoyingly smacked her gum as she lead us to the examination room. I held Billie's hand tightly as we walked down the long hallway.

~***~

The room was fucking freezing and I had to wear this stupid gown. I didn't think it could get much worse, but to top it off the nurse was really starting to piss me off. As if her gum smacking wasn't enough, I had to watch as she looked Billie up and down while putting on a flirtatious smile.

“Hi.” She said while turning towards him and away from me. Billie looked up from the magazine he was looking at and raised his eyebrows.

“Uh..hey.” He responded. She flipped her hair off her shoulder and smirked at me. My eyes widened. Did she really just do that? She didn't...did she? I felt my blood begin to boil. Who does this bitch think she is?

“So, is this your wife?” She questioned while leaning against the sink. I rolled my eyes.

“No, I'm his girlfriend.” I interjected. She glanced at me and then back at Billie.

“How long have you two been dating?” She asked. Damn, can you say nosy? Billie cleared his throat.

“Uh, since we were sixteen.” He answered. 'Blondie' raised her eyebrows.

“Wow, that's a long time.” She replied while placing her chin on the palm of her hand. I licked my lips.

“When will I see the doctor?” I questioned, trying to change the subject. She looked in my direction.

“Soon.” She replied while turning back to Billie. “You look familiar. Are you in a band?” She asked him. He nodded his head.

“Yeah, Green Day.” He replied. 'Blondie' shot up.

“Holy shit! I just saw you in Berkeley. You guys are great!” She exclaimed. Billie smiled.

“Thanks.” He replied. The bitch smirked.

“You looked really good too.” She turned towards me.“I don't remember seeing you.” She inquired. I clenched my jaw.

“I was at home with morning sickness.” I informed her. She nodded.

“I guess being on the road will be lonely.” She said to Billie. I bit my lip...hard. Billie looked at me and then at his hands.

“Uh yeah, when she won't be able to go.” He trailed off. She sighed.

“Such a shame.” She said while sticking her hand out for Billie to shake it. “It was nice to meet you...” She trailed off. Billie stuck out his hand.

“Billie.” He said while shaking her hand. She smiled.

“Maybe I'll see you around, Billie.” She purred seductively. It took all I could to not leap off this table scratch her eyes out. She turned to me once more.

“Good luck with your baby.” She said while turning to exit the room. Your baby? She said it as if it was just mine and Billie had nothing to do with it. Damn these hormones, I felt the need to scream and cry at the same time. I looked down at the tile floor and sniffled, trying desperately to stop the hot tears in my eyes from falling. I knew Billie was looking at me, but I tried to ignore it.

“Babe...” He said while walking towards me. I licked my lips again.

“Yeah?” I said, trying to keep my voice from breaking. Billie sighed and pulled me close.

“Do you think she's pretty?” I whimpered. Billie ran his hand up and down my back.

“Well, yeah. She's pretty.” He admitted. I sniffled again, ready to burst into tears. Billie reached down and held my face in his hands, forcing me to look at him.

“Is she prettier than me?” I whimpered pathetically. Billie's eyes softened.

“Baby, you're beautiful. I don't give a fuck how pretty she is.” He whispered. He kissed me softly and brushed away a tear that had fallen with his thumb. “I'm so in love with you, Julie. Some blonde bitch isn't going to change that.” He assured me. I smiled a little and felt so stupid for letting my emotions get the best of me. I swallowed hard.

“I'm sorry, being here is just...I don't know.” I said while biting my nail. “Normally I could handle some chick flirting with you, but all of a sudden every time she looked at you I wanted to rip her throat out.” I confessed. Billie chuckled.

“Don't worry, baby.” He said while wrapping his arms around me. “All my love is for you.” He whispered. I started to kiss him, when the door swung open. I looked up to see what looked to be an eighty year old man in a white lab coat. He smiled at both of us and stood in front of me. He held out his hand.

“Hello, I'm Dr. Thomas Parker.” He introduced himself. I smiled nervously and shook his hand

“Julie.” I replied. He smiled and turned to Billie and held out his hand.

“I'm Billie.” He told him while shaking his hand. The doctor turned to the sink and picked up my chart.

“Well, it looks like you're about 10 weeks along, Julie.” He informed me while continuing to read. I was a little surprised at this... had I really been pregnant that long? I looked at Billie, who was just as surprised as me. Dr. Parker sat the chart down and moved towards the ultrasound machine. “You two ready to see your baby?” He questioned. We smiled at each other and nodded. I laid back on the table and lifted up the gown to reveal my stomach. Billie sat down in the chair beside me and held my hand. Dr. Parker turned to me with a bottle in his hand. “This might be a little cold.” He said while squeezing blue gel on my abdomen. I shivered at the harsh coldness. I watched as he moved around on my stomach, searching. The room was silent, until I heard this swishing sound, kinda like a washing machine. I gasped when I saw the baby. Our baby.

“What's that sound?” I asked in amazement. The doctor chuckled lightly.

“That's the heart beat. It's very strong.” He commented. I looked at Billie, who was mesmerized by the screen.

“Holy shit.” he whispered. I looked back at the screen and then at Dr. Parker.

“Is it okay?” I asked. The doctor nodded.

“Perfectly healthy, my dear.” He said while wiping the gel off my stomach. “Would you like copies of the ultrasound?” He asked while writing in my chart. I nodded.

“Thank you.” I said while sitting up. He stood and shook our hands again.

“I'll have Amanda bring them to you.” He said while turning and leaving the room. So that was the bitch’s name? I thought as I got down off the table to get dressed.

“Can you believe it?” I asked Billie. Billie sat in the chair and shook his head.

“That was...incredible.” He beamed. I sat down on his lap and laid my head in his.

“I know. Did you see small it was!?” I exclaimed. He ran his hand down to my stomach and kept it there.

“Hi baby.” He cooed. I giggled.

“I don't know if it can hear you yet.” I said gently. Billie looked up at me directly in my eyes.

"That's you and me in there.” He whispered. I felt butterflies rise in my stomach and I leaned close to his ear.

“You and me.” I whispered.

~***~

We walked hand in hand to the waiting room and waited for our ultrasound pictures. Amanda brought us our pictures quickly, and barely said a word. I thought maybe I had overreacted, but, that thought was quickly shot down when she 'accidentally' dropped her pen and bent down in front of Billie to pick it up, making sure he got an eye full. I gripped Billie's hand and all of a sudden he turned toward me and grabbed my face, forcing his tongue inside my mouth and kissed me fiercely. We pulled apart and faced a very stunned Amanda. Her mouth was hanging open and I swear she glared at me.

“Can you answer a question for me?” Billie asked her. I looked at him suspiciously. What the hell is he doing? She closed her mouth and nodded. Billie cleared his throat. “Can we still have sex?” He asked forwardly. My eyes widened and I glared at him. Billie winked at me. Amanda scowled.

“Yes, it's actually recommended.” She mumbled. Billie smirked.

“So, we could have sex today?” He asked cheekily. I felt my face turn red. Amanda growled.

“Yes, any other questions?” She hissed. Billie shook his head.

“Nope. Thanks.” He said while turning to me and smiled. “Let's go my love. We've got plans.” He purred. I grinned when I finally realized that Billie did this to make her jealous and at the same time let her know he was off limits. I've never wanted to fuck him so bad in my life. I smirked and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Lead the way, baby.” I purred. Billie kissed me roughly and looked back at Amanda

“See ya next time.” He said while walking me towards the door. She glared at both of us.

“Yeah, see ya.” She hissed while going back to the maternity ward hallway, slamming the door behind her.Billie and I laughed all the way to the car and I watched as he slid into the driver’s seat. He was about to put his seat belt on when I stopped him. He looked at me confused.

“What?” He questioned. I smiled seductively and leaned closer to him.

"I love you so fucking much.” I mumbled while kissing him again. Billie laughed.

“Anything for you, baby. She needed to be put in her place anyway.” He said against my lips. I ran my hand over his chest and down to his belt, quickly undoing it. Billie raised his eyebrows in surprise. "What are you doing?" He asked. I smirked.

“You just earned yourself a blowjob.” I purred. Billie's eyes widened.

“Are you serious? It's been a while since you did this.” He said while closing his eyes. I giggled.

“Just shut up and enjoy it.” I said while slowly unzipping his jeans.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had so much fun writing this chapter! Hope you enjoy it! :)

Comment & Subscribe!

xoxo