Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

Coming Clean

It was days like this I wished I could smoke. My nerves were on edge from the moment I woke up. Today was the day we were telling our families about the baby. The morning sickness was very much still alive and I was honestly hoping I'd be able to just make it through dinner. I was in the process of laying out Billie's clothes when the phone rang. I walked towards my side of the bed and answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey Julie!” My mother greeted. I laid back on the bed and smiled.

“Hey mom.” I said while looking up at the ceiling.

“What time will you be over?” She asked while shuffling things around in the background. I looked around the room, searching for the clock.

“Um, 6:30 maybe?” I answered. She sighed in relief.

“Oh good. That'll give me time to finish the spaghetti sauce. I know it's your favorite.” She beamed. I felt my stomach instantly churn at the mention of spaghetti. A couple of nights ago Billie made me spaghetti, hoping I'd be able to hold something substantial down. I tried, I really did, but the minute it entered my mouth, it instantly went all over the table and floor. I apologized at least twenty times before breaking down in tears. Food was the enemy right now. I gulped.

“Uh, sounds great Mom. I'll see you soon.” I said as I heard the loud banging of silverware falling to the floor.

“Bye, honey!” She shouted. I quickly hit the end button on the phone and laid it next to me. I sighed loudly.

“Billlie!” I whined while curling up against my pillow.

“Whaaaty?” He shouted from the kitchen.

“Come here.” I mumbled against the pillow. I heard his footsteps in the hall as he got closer.

“What's the matter, babe?” He said while sitting down next to me. I moved away from the pillow and laid my head on his lap.

“I just talked to my mom.” I told him. Billie raised his eyebrows and ran his fingers through my hair.

“Annnd?” He asked. I sighed.

“She's making spaghetti.” I complained. I heard Billie sigh.

“Uh oh.” He said. I hugged his leg.

“If I eat tonight, our announcement may come earlier than expected.” I confessed. Billie chuckled quietly.

“You wanna tell them before dinner?” He suggested. I closed my eyes and let out a long sigh.

“I think it's the only option we have.” I decided. Billie ran his finger over my cheek affectionately.

“It's your call, babe.” He reasoned. I nodded my head.

“I don't even know how to approach this.” I whispered. Billie continued smoothing my hair.

“I'm sure there will be tears either way.” He said while laughing. I groaned. My mother has always been emotional, she's the kind of person that will cry if a movie has a happy ending. I'm sure telling her that her only child is about to make her a grandmother will most definitely open the flood gates. “Mom's live for this shit, Jules.” Billie stated. “Trust me, they'll be excited.” He assured me.

"I hope so." I mumbled. I sat up and leaned into him. Billie smiled and started kissing me all over.

“B-Billie, s-stop!” I said while laughing. "N-not a-again!" I shouted. It tickled and that was just making him continue.

“Not. kiss . Until. kiss . You. kiss . Smile!” He said between kisses. I finally gave in and pushed his face away.

“Okay! Look, I'm smiling!” I said between my teeth. The kisses ceased and he leaned on his arms, gazing down at me.

“See, you look sooo much prettier when you smile.” He added. I rolled my eyes and looked away. Billie always knew just what to say to make me blush. I hated it, but at the same time I loved that he cared enough to do it. Billie noticed and moved my face to look at him. “Oh c'mon Jules, I've said things to you that would make a priest blush.” He teased. He wasn't joking. Billie could have a really dirty mouth when he wanted to, for kicks he use to say dirty things to me when my mom was in the room, things like “Hey Jules, did you come last night?” I'd whip around and stare at him, my cheeks flaming. He'd smirk at me and say; “To the show? Did you come to the show last night?” My mom was completely oblivious to this, and wouldn't even notice the dirtiness of his question. I finally looked at Billie, who was still smirking. “I see you do remember.” He taunted. I blushed again, but continued looking at him. He chuckled quietly and leaned close to my ear. “Just make sure I'm the only one that makes you blush like that.” He whispered. I smiled and pulled his head close to me.

“Always.” I whispered back. We kissed one more time and I finally had to push him off me.

“C'mone, I gotta take a shower.” I said while getting off the bed and walked toward the dresser. Billie raised his eyebrows and wrapped his arms around me as I grabbed my clothes and underwear.

“Is that an invitation?” He mumbled while kissing my neck repeatedly. I grinned.

“Well, I wasn't announcing it for nothing...” I started when Billie quickly picked me up, causing me to drop my underwear and clothes in the process.

“Billie, you made me drop my underwear!” I said while laughing. Billie looked at the small pile on the ground and then back at me.

“Oh, you won't be needing those.” He said with a wink. I rolled my eyes as he carried me to the bathroom, slamming the door shut with his foot.

~***~

We took longer in the shower than planned, a lot longer actually and by the time we were dressed it was close to 5:30 pm.

“Billie, I told you we didn't have time for another 'go at it'.” I mocked as I threw on my shirt. We had 'finished' but Billie insisted on a quickie. I blame myself for giving in.

“I didn't hear any complaints.” He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

“If you weren't so cute right now, I'd smack that smirk off your face.” I threatened playfully. Billie gasped.

“You wouldn't do that to the person that loves you more than anything, now would you?” He questioned. Damn him and his guilt trips. I quickly pulled my jeans on.

“No.” I mumbled, not wanting to admit my defeat. “I just can't believe we're going to be late to tell my parent's I'm pregnant because we were having sex.” I whined. I was just now realizing the fact that I'm pregnant really shouldn't have shocked me as much as it did. We couldn't control ourselves. Today proved it! Billie knew my weaknesses and I knew his, and we used them all too often. Billie chuckled while hugging me close.

“Sex is fun...” He stated. I rolled my eyes as he continued. He leaned close to my ear. “… and I like having sex with you.” He whispered. I felt the familiar warmth returning to my cheeks and looked away again. Billie pulled away and forced me to meet his gaze.

“Are you blushing again?” He teased. I shook my head and looked down at the floor. Billie chuckled lowly and hugged me again. “What am I going to do with you?” He cooed. I smiled a little.

“Well, you could start by getting me to my parents.” I informed him while pulling away. It was going on 6:00 pm and we really needed to get going. I pulled Billie by the hand out of our room and into the living room. I pulled on my jacket as I spoke. “Do you have the keys?” I asked while zipping it up.

"In my hand." He said while jiggling them around in his hand as he walked to the front door. I followed behind him as we walked toward the car and got in. I could feel the butterflies I had been having on and off all day returning and I slowly got more nervous with every twist and turn we made until we were finally parked in my old driveway.

~***~

“I feel like I'm going to throw up.” I mumbled as we walked up the driveway, hand in hand. Billie smiled at me.

“It's going to be fine babe, the hard part is almost over.” He assured me. My heart was pounding in my chest as we approached the front door. I reached for the doorknob, but before I had the chance to even touch it, it swung open. My mom stood in front of us, a huge smile plastered on her face.

“Julie!” She squealed while wrapping her arms around me. You'd think I'd been gone for a year.

“Hey Mom.” I choked out. She had a tight grip! She was already kinda misty eyed by the time she got to Billie. “How have you two been?” She asked while finally pulling away. We looked at each other and then back at mom.

“Good, we've been...good.” I answered. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure coming toward us. It was my dad.

“Hey Jules.” He whispered as he hugged me. I had actually missed my family a lot more than I wanted to admit. We stood and made small talk for a few minutes, but our news was eating me alive.

“Dinner's just about ready, so you can go ahead and sit down.” Mom informed us. Billie and I shared a glance.

“Um, mom. We kinda want to talk to you guys before we eat. We have something to tell you.” I announced. Mom looked at us a bit strange, but then smiled.

“Okay, whatever you want sweetie.” She said as we all made our way into the den. I could feel my palms begin to sweat and a slight panic attack was trying to start. We all sat down, and they waited for us to start. “So, what's the big news?” Mom asked while taking a seat next to dad. I swallowed hard and looked at Billie. He was smiling and urging me to start talking. I took a deep breath.

“Well, we have some exciting news for you.” I started. I chewed on my lip nervously. Mom looked at Dad and then back at me.

“Oh Billie, is it your band?” She asked. Billie shook his head.

“Um, no. It's a little better than that.” He answered. Mom looked back at me. I bit my lip, trying to think of a clever way to approach it.

“Well, Mom it involves you changing your name...” I began. She frowned.

“I don't understand.” She said. I licked my lips.

“Do you prefer Grandma or Nana?” I stammered. My mother's face paled.

“What?” She whispered. I looked at Billie and back at my parents.

“I'm pregnant.” I answered. I looked at Billie and he smiled. I turned to my mother, who stayed seated, with an icy stare.

“I can't believe you.” She seethed. My eyes widened.

“Mom what…” I started. She stood up quickly.

“I can't believe you let this happen!” She shouted. I was shocked by my mother was yelling like this, she hardly ever raised her voice.

“I-I was hoping you'd be excited.” I said truthfully. I really wasn't expecting this from her. Mom rolled her eyes.

“Excited? Julie you're nineteen years old! You can barely take care of yourself!” She hissed. I leaped off the couch and stood in front of my mother.

“What's that suppose to mean?.” I whispered angrily.

“Julie, have you even thought this through!?” She exclaimed. I raised an eyebrow.

“You think I planned this to happen?” I questioned. “I'm fucking terrified.” I shouted. I rarely cursed in front of my mother, but damn it I don't care. She narrowed her eyes.

“You aren't even married.” She hissed. I looked at Billie, who was just as surprised as I was.

“Just because I'm pregnant doesn't automatically mean Billie has to marry me!” I answered. I lowered my voice and tried to control my anger.

“Mom, please don't be like this.” I whispered. She scoffed.

“I can't even look at you.” She whispered harshly. “I thought I raised you better than to open your legs to just anybody.” She added coldly. That felt like a smack in the face the moment it left her mouth. My vision went red.

“Billie, isn't just anybody and you know that!” I seethed. I felt Billie come up behind me, placing his hands on my shoulders.

“I knew the moment you moved in over there you'd be sleeping with him.” She remarked. That's it, I'd had enough. I shoved past Billie and went to grab my jacket.

“I'm sorry Dad, but I'm not staying for dinner.” I mumbled while throwing it on. Billie was right behind me as I marched toward the door. He looked just as upset as me and I knew he was holding it in. I hugged dad and glared at my mother. “I'm sorry if I disappointed you, but this baby is coming whether you like it or not.” I stated. Billie opened the door for me and I started to exit, but I stopped and turned around. “Just so you know, we've been having sex since we were sixteen so no, I haven't opened my legs to just anyone.” I informed them. I really just didn't give a fuck anymore. Mom widened her eyes in shock and dad just stared at the ground. I gave one last glance around the room and slammed the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun Dun Duuun! So what did you a think, my lovelies?

Comment&Subscribe!

xoxo