Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

1,000 Hours

The car ride home was silent. My head was spinning just thinking about the events that occurred this evening. It broke my heart to know my mother wasn't supportive of Billie and me having a baby. She made me feel like what we were doing was wrong, and that we shouldn't be excited. I turned and looked at Billie, who had his eyes locked on the road ahead. He knew how much my mother's words hurt me and that alone made him angry.

“I can't fucking believe her.” He fumed, gaining a little speed with each word. “She had no right to say that shit to you.” He added. I reached over and touched his leg.

“Billie, it's okay rea-” Billie brought the car to an abrupt stop, and I realized we were in our driveway. Billie turned and faced me.

“Don't you dare say it's okay, Julie. Just don't.” He growled. I swallowed hard and looked down at my lap. Billie gently reached out and held my chin, forcing me to look at him. “I know she hurt you.” He whispered. I bit the inside of my jaw, desperate to stay composed.

“I don't want to talk about it.” I said while getting out of the car. I quickly unlocked the front door and walked inside. Billie was behind me in seconds.

“Julie.” He said sternly. I turned around and nearly ran into him. “You don't have to fight it.” He continued. I shook my head. I could already feel the tears slowly pooling in my eyes. Billie's face softened and he reached out to touch my face. “It's okay.” He whispered. That's when I lost it. Truthfully, I had wanted to cry the second we got in the car, but I held it in. Suddenly, I had my head buried in his neck, bawling my eyes out.

“W-why does she hate me?” I wept. Billie kissed my head.

“Oh, baby, I don't think she hates you.” He soothed while running his hands up and down my back.

“Yes, she does Billie, you heard her.” I whispered. Billie pulled away and held my face.

“Jules, she'll come around. She's your mom, she loves you.” He said. I sighed and hugged his waist.

“I feel pretty unloved right now.” I mumbled against his shoulder. Billie kissed my head again and locked his eyes with mine. “You are loved, Julie.” He said as he brushed a strand of hair out of my face. “Even when it feels like nobody else does, I do.” He whispered. “I never want you to feel like that.” He told me. I couldn't help but smile at his words. “There's that smile I love.” He cooed. I leaned in and kissed his cheek.

“Thank you.” I whispered. Billie smiled and leaned down to kiss me. It was a soft, warm kiss, the kind that just simply says 'I love you'. After standing there a while, we went and laid down on our bed. I curled up next to Billie and he wove his fingers through my hair. I laid there thinking. Thinking about how far we had come in the last year. I remembered how I use to lay on my bed in my room thinking about Billie and what he was doing. I always wondered if he was thinking about me as much as I was him. I looked up towards Billie, who had his eyes closed.

“Billie?” I whispered.

“Hmm?” He said sleepily. I bit my lip.

“When we broke up, and you were on tour...did you ever think about me?” I asked hesitantly. Billie blinked a couple of times and then gazed down at me.

“Of course I did. That entire first album is me thinking of you.” He admitted. I smiled a little at his words.

“In fact...” He said while rubbing his thumb over my cheek.

“1,000 Hours is the first song I wrote about you, Jules.” I raised my eyebrows.

“Really?” I questioned. Billie nodded.

“I never stopped thinking about you. I always felt like something was missing and...it was you.” I grinned.

“Well, you don't have to worry. I'm not missing anymore.” I whispered. Billie kissed my head again and grinned.

“Jules?” He questioned.

“Hmm?” I said while rubbing my hand over his chest.

“Have you ever thought about changing your name?” He asked. I frowned at his question.

“Change my name?” I asked while sitting up. Billie nodded.

"Yeah, Warner just sounds too business-like. I mean, think about it, Julia Warner attorney-at-law.” He laughed. I rolled my eyes.

“Sorry I'm kinda stuck with it.” I joked. Billie sighed.

“Well, ya know I could change that.” He said while scratching his head. My eyes widened.

“What do you mean?” I asked. Billie grinned.

“Well, if we did married you would have my last name.” He informed me. I blinked.

“Are you asking me to...marry you?” I asked hesitantly. Billie chuckled.

“I was trying to be subtle but yeah, I'd like you to be my wife.” He answered. I quickly moved to sit Indian style and faced him.

“Billie, if what my mom said bothers you-” Billie grabbed my hands.

“This has nothing to do with what your mom said. I've been thinking about it for a while now.” He answered. “You're special to me, Jules and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” He added.

“Billie, I don't know what to say.” I began. Billie grinned.

“Yes, would be nice.” He mumbled. I smiled.

“You sure about this?” Billie responded by kissing me.

“Say you'll marry me, Jules.” He whispered against my lips. I grinned as Billie's eyes studied me in anticipation.

“I'll marry you.” I whispered back. Billie's eyes lit up and he lifted me off the bed and began spinning us around the room.

“Babe, be careful.” I giggled. Billie put me down and grabbed my face, kissing me roughly.

“Julia Warner, I'm going to make you very happy.” He vowed. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“You already have.” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo, I'm up to 100 reads...holy shit!! You guys are great! On a serious note though, now I PROMISE you guys that I'm not one of those people that will only update for comments because I HATE that, but feel free to drop a line. I hate to beg but...it looks like I am...ha! It doesn't have to be anything elaborate I just want to know if you guys like what's going on. :)

Comment&Subscribe
xoxo