Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

Til' Death Do Us Part

My stomach was in knots. Today is the day I marry my Billie Joe. I paced our bedroom floor at least a dozen times before I felt Ollie's hands on my shoulders.

“Julie, relax, it's going to be fine.” She assured me. I smiled, but her words did little to settle my nerves. Mike and Tre had been with Billie since eight o’clock last night, and I hadn't seen him since. I could only imagine the damage they had done. My mother was already seated with the guests outside and my dad was waiting by the door to walk me down the aisle. Mom seemed to be in a good mood today, but I wasn't so sure if she was truly excited or just pretending. Ollie guided me towards the back door, where my dad stood. “It's time.” She whispered. I shakily wrapped my arm around my dad's and took a deep breath. Dad leaned close to my ear.

“You look great, Jules.” He whispered. I smiled.

“Thanks Dad.” I whispered back as Ollie opened the door. Everybody was standing up, staring back at me. I gulped as we started walking. They all had smiles on their faces as I moved past them. I noticed Sid, who had left for college in Los Angeles months ago sitting in the back. I winked at him as I passed. As we got closer, I saw Billie. He was in a tuxedo, which up until this point I had only seen it on him twice. The first time, was when his mother got remarried, and the second time was when he took me to prom. I couldn't help but smile as we got closer. He looked good, really good. Dad smiled at me as he went and sat with mom, and I was now face to face with Billie. He smiled at me and looked at the priest. The priest began the ceremony, but I was completely unaware of anything he was saying. I was the happiest I'd ever been right at this very moment. We said our vows and I giggled like a school girl when Billie placed the band of gold around my finger. He winked at me as I nervously placed the ring on his finger. We just stared at each other, as the priest continued the ceremony. I was so transfixed on Billie that I almost didn't hear the priest tell Billie to kiss me. He pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me and smirked as he crashed his lips with mine. The kiss was probably a little much for the time and place, but fuck anybody that was going to stop us. We broke apart and looked towards our guests who were clapping. I could finally breathe. I felt Billie grab my hand as we walked back down the aisle together. My mother smiled at me as we passed. She had been crying, I could tell. Mike and Tre where cheering from the front as we walked towards the house.

~***~

We went straight to our bedroom to change clothes. As much as I loved seeing Billie in that tux, I knew he wasn't comfortable. We hadn't stopped loving on each other the entire time we had been alone. We kissed a few more times before finally undressing. I changed out of my wedding dress into a more comfortable dress that had a flower print. Billie was already in a pair of jeans when I turned around. He was in the process of removing his shirt when I noticed something new. On his right arm was a brand new tattoo, and in black ink was my name. I gasped and grabbed Billie's forearm.

“W-when did you do this?” I asked while staring at it. Billie smiled as he looked down at it.

“Last night, when Mike and Tre took me away.” He laughed. I reached out and gingerly touched it, running my finger over it lightly.

“That's my name.” I whispered, probably sounding like an idiot. Billie chuckled.

“Well, yeah. I want everyone to know you're mine.” He answered. I grabbed his face and kissed him.

“I love it, and I love you.” I whispered against his lips. Billie grinned and pressed his forehead against mine.

“And I love you, Mrs. Armstrong.” He whispered back. I smiled at him calling me “Mrs. Armstrong.” Billie kissed my nose and went to put on his shirt. I looked outside our window to see the reception starting. It wasn't anything fancy, which is exactly what we wanted, a simple wedding with friends and family. I felt Billie come up from behind me wrap his arms around my waist. “We should probably get down there, people are going to start to think we're fucking up here.” He teased. I cringed.

“Well, if you were still wearing that tux, I'd consider it.” I joked. Billie raised an eyebrow.

“Well well well. Is that what you were thinking about during our wedding?” He questioned. I blushed.

“Not the entire time.” I mumbled. Billie laughed and kissed my shoulder.

“C'mon my love, just think, the sooner we get down there, the sooner it will be over and we'll be right back up here.” He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

“Is sex all you think about?” I asked. Billie rolled his eyes back at me.

“No, just most of the time.” He joked as we walked back downstairs.

~***~

Our guests cheered and clapped as we walked outside hand in hand. My mother walked over and hugged me, and this time it felt real.

“Congratulations.” She whispered in my ear. I smiled and walked with Billie towards the cake. It was white and in pink frosting read, “Congratulations Billie Joe and Julie.” I grinned as Ollie handed me a knife.

“Time to cut the cake you two.” She beamed. I looked at Billie as he wrapped his hands around mine and lead the knife towards the cake. We cut the cake and everybody waited in anticipation for us to eat the first piece. I smirked as I smeared the piece I was going to feed to Billie, all over his mouth. Everybody laughed as Billie did the same to me and pulled me in to kiss him. I grabbed a napkin and began wiping off the remainder of the frosting.

“You little shit.” I laughed. Billie kissed me again and turned to wipe off his own face.

After the cake, Tre announced that we needed to have a first dance. We hadn't planned this originally and I wondered what tricks Tre had up his sleeve. He had us stand in the middle of the patio and waited for us to wrap our arms around each other. Tre cleared his throat. “Guys, I just wanted to say that I'm happy for you and wish you many years of happiness.” The crowd clapped and we smiled as he raised his beer can. “I heard that a marriage has its ups and downs so, may all of your ups and downs be between the sheets!” He exclaimed. Our guests laughed and I'm sure my cheeks went a little red. Good ol’ Tre, he can make any good thing embarrassing. Billie chuckled and kissed my head.

“C'mon Tre! Must you embarrass my wife already? We haven't even been married an hour!” He laughed. Tre laughed and started the mystery song. I heard the familiar sound of “Love Me Tender” through the speakers. I smiled up at Billie.

“At least he didn't play “Dancing in the Sheets.” I giggled. Billie laughed and laid his chin on my head. We swayed together and I stared at the band of gold around my finger. Billie is officially mine forever. My best friend, confidant, my lover...forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a fun, sweet chapter to write. Thank YOU NerdGlasses for all of your wonderful comments!

Comment&Subscribe!

xoxo