Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

Pink or Blue?

Exactly one month after our wedding, we left for Green Day's second tour. It was exciting and felt like a non stop party. I lasted for about three weeks, but being four months pregnant and adding those long nights have been really taking its toll on me and Billie insisted that I go home for a few weeks. My stomach was becoming visibly rounder and I was actually starting to look pregnant. Billie would be home in a few days because my next doctor's appointment was coming up and it's a big one. This time we'd be finding out the sex of the baby. Billie couldn't wait, he even planned around this week to make sure he could be here. I reached down a caressed my stomach.

“Daddy's coming home just for you.” I cooed while smiling. I was really excited about this baby. This little person is a part of me and Billie. It also reminded me of how much I missed Billie. I missed hearing him singing in the morning, and playing his guitar early in the morning, but the part I miss the most is waking up with him here. Billie was my comfort zone and when he wasn't here I never slept very well. I sighed and laid back on the bed and closed my eyes. I was pretty tired from the little shopping I did today and was preparing myself for an early slumber. My eyes snapped open when I heard a loud thud. I looked around the room to see any imperfection. I thought maybe it was my imagination or possible paranoia playing tricks on me and decided it was indeed nothing. Then it happened again. My heart started racing as I slowly got off the bed. What the hell is that? I crept into the living room to see it just the way I left it. Suddenly I felt someone snake their arms around my waist and press their lips to my ear.

“Honey, I'm home.” He cooed. I gasped and turned around to see my beautiful husband standing behind me.

“Baby!” I screamed while wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him hard. “I missed you!” I exclaimed. Billie chuckled while kissing me again.

“I missed you too, baby.” He mumbled against my lips. I nuzzled his nose.

“What are you doing home? I wasn't expecting you until tomorrow!” I exclaimed. Billie laughed.

“The show canceled so I decided to come home early to my lovely wife and child.” He said while rubbing his hand over my stomach. “She's really in there, huh?” He commented. I chuckled.

“Uh, whether or not it's a he or she has yet to be determined.” I pointed out. Billie grinned.

“I think it's a girl and I'm sticking with it.” He said. I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever, now c'mon tell me what I've missed!” I begged while pulling him into our room. I giggled as I pushed him back on the bed kissing him. Billie kissed me roughly.

“Is talking what you really wanna do or...” He paused and kissed me again. I laughed.

“Yes, I want to hear all about it.” I said while laying next to him. Billie leaned on his elbow.

“Well, Tre got drunk.” He started. I nodded.

“Just the way I left him, go on.” I replied.

Billie started talking about how Tre fell off the stage into the mosh pit when I noticed his hair. He'd gone back to black. I had forgotten how good it looked on him and I don't know if it was the hormones or what but suddenly I was very turned on. I leaned closer and kissed him quickly. Billie raised his eyebrows as I climbed on top of him.

“Someone's horny.” He teased. I rolled my eyes and pressed my lips to his neck.

“Just shut up and get naked.” I commanded. Billie's eyes widened.

“Who are you and what have you done with my wife?” He joked. I rolled my eyes.

“Horny, now lets go!” I said while unbuttoning his jeans.

~***~

After spending an entire day in bed the time had finally come to find out the sex of the baby. I was just excited to be able to stop calling it an 'it' and finally give 'it' a name. We had discussed names, but nothing had been decided. I looked around the near empty doctor's office and wondered if we'd run into Amanda again. As much as I wanted to be an adult about the situation, I also wanted nothing more than to rub my husband in her face. I looked down at my ring and smiled. I reached over and grabbed his hand.

“I love you.” I said while kissing his cheek. Billie smiled.

“Forever and ever, baby.” He whispered. I grinned as the office door open.

“Julia Armstrong?” The familiar voice of Amanda called out. We looked up and stood together, walking hand in hand towards her. She went from smiling to surprised as we walked past her.

“I- I thought your name was Warner?” She questioned while looking back down at her clipboard. I smirked and turned around.

“Oh, it was, but I got married.” I informed her. Billie cleared his throat.

“Correction, we got married.” He said while putting his arm around me. Amanda moved past us and muttered a congratulations as she went by and opened the exam room door.

~***~

Amanda wasted no time getting what she needed and scurrying out of the room today. We laughed when we were sure she was gone.

“Did you see the look on her face?” I exclaimed. Billie nodded.

“She looked so surprised!” He chuckled. I grinned just as the door opened to reveal Dr. Parker.

“Hey, Julie.” He greeted. He nodded at Billie.

“Hey, Billie.” He said while patting his back. I smiled.

“So, you feeling okay? Everything normal?” He asked while sitting down in his chair. I nodded and was about to speak when Billie piped up.

"Uh, if extremely horny is normal, then yes, she's normal.” He laughed. I cut my eyes at him as the doctor laughed.

“Quite normal actually.” He explained. “She's full of hormones, I'd be counting my blessings if I were you, Billie. My wife was an emotional wreck and cried at the drop of a hat. You're one of the lucky ones.” He said with a wink. I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked away. Dr. Parker wrote something down in my chart and looked up. “So, are you two ready to see your boy or girl?” He asked while having me lay back on the table and pulling up my shirt. We nodded.

“More than ready.” I assured him. Billie moved his seat next to me and grabbed my hand. Dr. Parker turned on the ultrasound and squeezed the cold blue gel on my stomach. He pushed his glasses up on his nose.

“Any guesses on what it'll be?” He questioned while moving around on my abdomen. I smiled.

“Billie thinks it's a girl. He has since we found out I was pregnant.” I explained. Dr. Parker nodded as he looked closer at the screen.

“Well, Mr. Armstrong it looks like you were right. It's a girl.” He said while turning the screen towards us. I looked at Billie, who had the biggest smile on his face I had ever seen.

“I told you.” He taunted while kissing me.“A girl Jules, we're having a girl.” He whispered. I nodded my head.

“I know, you were right, baby.” I cooed. He looked back up at the screen

“Look at her! She's beautiful.” He beamed. I loved seeing Billie so excited, especially about this.

“I take it you'll want pictures?” Dr. Parker asked while wiping off the blue gel. We both nodded as we stared at the screen. Dr. Parker chuckled as he walked towards the door. “Congratulations, you two.” He said while shutting the door behind him. We pried our eyes off the screen and I got off the examination table. Billie reached out and touched my stomach.

“A girl. We're having a girl.” He repeated. I placed my hand over his and smiled. Billie engulfed me in a hug.

“I love you so much, baby, So much.” He whispered. I kissed his lips.

“I love you, too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, Billie was right...ha! This was such a fun chapter! Let me know what you think!

Comment&Subscribe

xoxo