Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

Whatsername

“Julia, we are not naming our daughter Ashley.” Billie told me sternly while cutting his eyes at me. We had been arguing for over an hour about what we should name our daughter and had yet to come to an agreement. I rolled my eyes.

“What then?!” I seethed. “You've shot down every name I've said.” Billie shook his head.

“You did the same to me.” He pointed out. I frowned.

“You only suggested once!” I shouted while kicking the blanket off me. “Billie, there must be some other name you like other than Gloria. C'mon, that sounds like a seventy-year woman's name.” I said. Billie let out a long sigh and rubbed his face with his hands.

“Okay, there is one other name but I know you won't like it.” He mumbled. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

“Try me.” I whispered. Billie looked over at me and then down at his hands.

“I kinda always liked the name...Emma.” He muttered. I raised my eyebrows. It was sweet, simple, and girly. I loved it. I smiled.

“Emma.” I whispered to myself. Billie picked at his nail.

“You hate it, huh?” He mumbled. I shook my head.

“No, I love it.” I said.v Billie gazed up at me.

“Really? You do?” He said, surprised. I nodded.

“It's perfect.” I whispered while laying my head on his shoulder. Billie reached down and rubbed my thigh.

“What about her middle name?” He questioned. I thought for a second.

“What about...Rose?” I asked.

“Emma Rose.” Billie scratched his head. “Hmm, Emma Rose.” He whispered. “You like it?” I asked. Billie nodded.

“Hang on, I gotta try something.” He said while sitting up. He cleared his throat. “Emma Rose!” He shouted across the room. I stared at him.

“What was that for?” I asked. Billie smirked.

“I can definitely yell that around the house.” He laughed. I stared blankly. Billie continued laughing. “What? Any child of mine is bound to get into trouble.” He pointed out. I rolled my eyes and pushed his shoulder playfully.

“I don't know why you think you’re actually going to discipline her. She's a daddy's girl already.” I teased. Billie rolled his eyes at me.

"Stranger things have happened, ya know.” He mumbled. I moved to sit on his lap.

“Aw baby, I'm sure you can be scary daddy when you want to.” I cooed. Billie rolled his eyes.

“You're just saying that.” He pouted. I shook my head quickly.

“No, I'm serious. If anything I'd be the one to cave first. You'll definitely be the strict one.” I comforted. I chuckled to myself. “That's really saying something if you're the strict one.” I joked. Billie nodded in agreement.

“Mommy's a push over.” He whispered to my stomach. I gasped.

“Gee, thanks love of mine.” I mumbled. Billie leaned forward and kissed my nose.

“I'm joking, babe.” He whispered. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips to his.

“How much do you love me?” I whispered. Billie kissed my chin.

“More than the stars in the sky.” He answered. I kissed him again and pressed my forehead against him. Billie moved me to where I was now lying next to him. He scooted down to where he was inches from my stomach.

“Billie, what are you doing?” I asked. He grinned as he looked up at me and began singing softly.

“Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart,
Never to part, baby of mine.

Little one when you play,
Don't you mind what they say.
Let those eyes sparkle and shine,
Never a tear, baby of mine.

If they knew sweet little you
They'd end up loving you too.
All of those same people who scold you
What they'd give just for the right to hold you.

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be, baby of mine.


I smoothed his hair when he stopped singing. “You know that song?” I questioned. Billie nodded.

“Mom use to sing that to me when I was little. I've always remembered it.” He answered. I smiled at him.

“My mom did too.” I whispered as Billie traced lazy circles on my stomach.

“I guess it's only fitting for Emma to hear it then.” He grinned. “Have I mentioned that I love you?” He asked. I tapped my chin.

“Oh a few dozen times.” I said as he moved back up to me. He grabbed my chin and kissed me.

“Well, I do.” He whispered. I kissed him back and held his face.

“If you think this is getting you in my pants, you are sadly mistaken.” I mumbled between his lips. Billie smirked.

“We'll see.” He mumbled as he pushed me back against the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello my lovelies! I'm debating on whether or not to do a sequel and wanted to know what you think.

Comment&Subscribe!

xoxo