Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

Memories

My hair was dripping wet as I walked through the front door. It was around 8:30 am, and I was hoping my mother would still be in bed. If only I could be so lucky. The second I walked in the door my mother came bolting from the kitchen, face red and stern, looking like she was ready to kill me.

“Where the hell have you been Julia Renee!?” She spat. Damn it, she used my full and middle name...I'm in deep shit. I looked down at my muddy converse.

“I was at Gilman remember?” I asked, trying to play off the smile that was permanently plastered on my face. Mom glared at me.

“Yes, Julia, I do remember. However, when you didn't come home last night, I called this Gilman place and they said you left hours before I called!” She hissed. Her eyes were red with anger and I could tell there was no talking my way out of this one.

“Where did you go Julia?” Her eyes burning holes through mine.

“I was with Billie.” I said quietly, not daring to look in her eyes. She remained still, her arms crossed, lips forming a thin line.

“Where did you go?” She repeated, her voice still icy. I chewed on my bottom lip.

“We went to some warehouse he found, we fell asleep.” I lied. There was no way in hell I was about to tell my mother Billie and I made up and ended up having sex, as far as she knew I was still a virgin. She sighed and uncrossed her arms.

“You didn't do anything else?” She asked suspiciously. I shook my head.

“We just talked for a while, ya know trying to salvage what's left of our friendship.” I lied again. Mom's face softened and she took a deep breath.

“Julie, is being friends with Billie really, what's best?” She asked. I nodded.

“I can't just shut him out of my life.” I explained. Mom nodded.

“Just be careful Julie. I don't want a repeat of this year.” She reminded me. Her words stung. It hurt that my mother would rather I wasn't even friends with Billie, let alone back together with him. I knew that telling her what was really going on was out of the question. I was about to head upstairs when she noticed my very wet hair.

“Julie, why is your hair so wet?” She asked. I looked down at the floor as my cheeks flushed bright red.

“It was raining when we left.” I said while trying to regain my normal color. She nodded.

“You'll get sick standing around here, go dry your hair.” She directed as she turned to go to the living room. I nodded and raced up the stairs and into my room. I was so happy I thought I might explode. I hadn't felt this happy in a long time. I dried my hair with a towel and ended up calling Sid.

~***~

I quickly regretted every teasing comment I made about his sex life. “You and Billie did the nasty!?” Sid yelled while laughing loudly. I covered my face in embarrassment.

“Can't you think of a better way to put it?” I mumbled through the phone. Sid snickered.

“You and Billie fucked?” He questioned. I closed my eyes and sighed.

“I take it back, your first option was better.” I mumbled. Sid laughed even harder.

“I can't believe you guys are back together.” He stated. I smiled.

“I know, I never thought it would happen.” I said truthfully.

“Since you graduated early, do you plan on leaving when he does?” Sid asked. I scratched my head. I hadn't really thought about that. I did graduate early, therefore I could go with Billie the next time Green Day goes on tour. I ran my hand through my still slightly damp hair.

“I never really thought about it, maybe. I don't know, my mom would freak.” I explained. Sid chuckled.

“It's your life Jules. She can't hold you back forever, do you what you think is right.” He encouraged. Sid was right, Why did I care so much about what my family thought? I decided then that I was going to be with Billie whether they liked it or not.

~***~ 2 days later

“I am going to kill Billie Joe Armstrong.” I groaned.

This morning I woke up with a pounding headache, stuffy nose, upset stomach and a cough that would never cease. Evidently, having sex in the pouring rain was the perfect recipe for the flu, which is exactly what I got. I lay in my bed, miserably blowing my nose for the umpteenth time and just as I was about to fall into what I would call a cough medicine induced coma, there was a knock on my window. I slowly sat up and crawled out of bed, cursing whoever was outside my window with each step I took. I pulled back the curtains to reveal a blonde haired Billie Joe sitting on a limb just outside my window. He motioned for me to open the window. I slid the latch to unlock it and pushed up to open it.

“Hello.” I croaked while walking back towards my bed. Billie easily climbed through the window and stretched out across the foot of my bed. He smacked my leg playfully.

“What's wrong? You on your period or something?” He asked while smirking. I glared at him.

“If I had the strength, I'd push your ass right out that window.” I hissed while shifting on the bed to lay on my back. “For your information I'm not, but come back next week and I'll let you know.” I snapped. Billie chuckled as he sat up and ran his hand up and down my leg.

“Babe, I was just kidding, c'mon, what's wrong?” He questioned. I coughed and sat up a little.

“Well, since somebody in this room just had to play strip hide and seek in the pouring rain, I now have the flu.” I informed him while sneezing loudly into the nearest tissue. Billie sat up on his knees and crawled towards where I was laying, he wrapped both of his arms around me.

“Aww, my baby.” He cooed. I sniffled.

"Don't you baby me. If it wasn't for your horny ass I wouldn't be in this shape.” I whined. Billie smirked and laid down next to me.

“I'm sorry, but you're just so irresistible.” He said while kissing my cheek. I couldn't help but smile.

“Stop it. I'm supposed to be mad at you.” I whined. Billie took that as a challenge and suddenly he was peppering kisses all over my face.

“B-Billie s-stop.” I said between laughs. “You're g-gonna get s-sick!” I said while pushing his face away.

“Say you're not mad at me.” He demanded between kisses. I giggled.

“Okay, okay! I'm not mad at you.” I admitted in defeat. The kisses ceased and soon Billie was laying beside me running his fingers through my hair.

“My mom will kill me if she finds you up here.” I said jokingly. Billie laid his head next to mine and smiled.

“Then don't let her find me.” He whispered. I smiled and snuggled closer to him.

“When did you dye your hair?” I asked as he continued stroking mine.

“Yesterday.” He stated. “The blue was cool, but they say blondes have more fun.” He joked. I felt him scoot closer to me and run his finger over my cheek.

“Do you remember the time you got your tonsils removed?” He asked quietly. I rolled my eyes.

“How could I forget?” I replied sarcastically. “Didn't you stay at the hospital all night?” I asked while trying to remember. He chuckled quietly.

“Yep. You were scared out of your mind, we were in what 7th grade?” He questioned. I nodded.

“I think so, I got my period that year too.” Billie chuckled.

“Oh, do tell.” He replied sarcastically.

“Fuck off, you asked earlier dipshit.” I pointed out. Billie laughed.

“I said I was joking.” He answered. I smirked.

“Well, since it amuses you so much, the next time I need tampons you're the first person I'm calling.” I taunted.Billie snorted.

“Wouldn't be the first time.” He mumbled.

“What was that?” I questioned.

“Oh, nothing.” He stated while pulling the covers up over us. “You need to go to sleep.” He commanded as he brushed the hair out of my face. I sniffled.

“Stay with me.” I pleaded. I felt him press his lips to my forehead.

“I'm not going anywhere, Jules.” He whispered as I slowly drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo, they're back together!!! Wooo! (applause!) (applause!) But, seriously, did I move things too fast? I wasn't sure how long I needed to wait so I just did it. Enjoy!

xoxo