Cause No One Is Perfect

You Suck at Comebacks

I was relieved that she took the news so well. I could be happy again knowing that she would stick by me baby or not. Kevin knocked on the door when it was time for dinner and holding hands we joined them. Once sitting Kevin silently asked if I had told her. I nodded smiling and he gave me a thumbs up like he was actually proud of me. We caught up a half of a year’s news and they got to know Eva. After dinner once again we excused ourselves thanking Dani and promising that in the morning we would take them out for breakfast. Together Angel and I fled to the guest room. Without warning she pulled of her top and jeans. I stood by the door watching her. She turned back her head.
“I am hopping in to the shower.” She half smiled and stepped into the bathroom not even closing the door behind her. I stayed put for a minute deciding whether that was an invitation or if she was just trying to tease me. For good measure I peaked in through the door. The rest of her clothing was in a pile on the floor and through the glass that was not completely fogged over yet I could see her. Water pouring down on her hair and flowing down her body. Something about it hypnotized me. The way someone like Evangeline could just capture my soul. I just couldn't get enough of just looking at her. Sometimes we will be eating breakfast and she will be a complete mess, but something about her is so beautiful that I can’t bear to take my eyes off her. She will ask why I have such a smug little smile on my face or even why I am staring. All I can do to explain is that somehow I managed to get you. I didn't deserve someone so completely perfect. I came back to reality as on the glass she wrote ‘I love you, Joseph Jonas. Always.’ With a heart at the end. I sat on the edge of the bed just taking in the moment. Whatever did I do to be worthy of this? She peaked out from the glass. “You are staring at me again.” She tattled before going back to her shower. Smiling to my full extent I decided to do something about it. Standing I tore off my t-shirt and strode through the door.
“You got a problem with that, Angel?” I asked standing in the door way. She popped her head out and gave me a look.
“I have a problem, but it has nothing to do with that.” Eva smirked looking at my chest.
“What could that be?” I replied taking a step forward.
“You’re not wet and you have pants on.” She stated poking back under the water and leaving me out here.
“You aren't wet and have pants on.” I said childishly leaning against the sink putting up a weak fight. I heard her laugh through the patter of water.
“Has anyone ever told you that you suck at comebacks?” Her voice floated as I rid myself of my pants.
“You are the one to talk I am not even wearing pants. Ha!”
“Now you are not wet and wearing boxers. Pretty much the same thing.” She chided once again sticking her head out to see me. “Don’t pretend that you don’t want to. I can tell you do.” She had a point there I was just doing this for the sake of doing it. Without delay I did what I wanted and found myself next to her. “Took you long enough.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Kelsey