Status: Updating At Least Once a Week- Mostly Weekends

Here Comes the Sun

o3

When I told Mom about Sara's aunt in Hawaii, she just rubbed her eyes and looked at me with a wiped expression on her face. She looked at me for a long time. Long enough for my expression to slowly go from ecstatic to extremely bummed. I sighed, realizing that the answer was no, and began to trudge up to my room.

"Fine. Fine. Call the woman. But this doesn't mean it's a yes. We don't want to burden others with our problems" Mom shook a finger at me as I beamed at her with and unspoken Thank You and raced to the phone.

I dialed the number so quickly that I was afraid I had made a mistake before a cheerful sounding lady picked up.

"Hello? Vivian here" She said in a singsong voice.

"Oh, hello Vivian. This is a friend of Sara's? My name is Alana" I was kind of afraid that I had the wrong number.

"Oh! Sara? My niece. Such a wonderful girl. She must be sixteen now! Wow, they grow up just so quickly, don't you agree? Well, how may I help you, Alana?"

"Uh, well, you see, I was told that you have a house in Hawaii? I know that it might be alarming to ask, seeing as we haven't met yet, but my mother has been recently fired and we need a place to stay until she can find a job again..." I was suddenly aware at how strange it was to ask this large favor of a complete stranger.

"Oh my goodness! Well certainly! I can only image how stressful this situation must be for you two. You live in California, correct? That's where Sara's family lives, at least. I am guessing this is okay with your mother? Oh, I haven't had company in so long! I will have airplane tickets ready for you. I know! I'll simply mail them to Ashleigh. She will get them to you. Well, this is just so exciting! May I talk to your mother, please? Then we can make better plans, I suppose."

I agreed and handed the phone off to Mom, still in shock. Was this really happening? Were we really moving to Hawaii? Mom was nodding and writing things down. When she hung up about five minutes later, I could barley believe my ears.

"Well, I guess now we have a place to stay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Suggestions? Thanks so much for reading! More coming up soon!