Status: work in progress

I Don't Want to Live in the Modern World

Billie's House

"A band?" I asked them.
Billie and Mike shook their heads.
"Yeah, it's something I've wanted to do my whole life. Make music all day, every day." Billie said.
It's something I've wanted to do my whole life too. Although whenever I brought up the subject around my mom, the only things she said were something like "I'm not paying for music lessons." or "You're not getting an instrument, you would make so much annoying noise." or "What makes you think you would ever make it out there? With all the competition, you wouldn't stand a chance."
After a while, I began too believe her. So I forgot about becoming a musician, or at least tried.
"What do your parents think about that?" I asked.
"Well, they don't think too much about it. Like, 'Okay sounds better than my job.'" Mike shrugged.
Just then, the waitress came back with the pancakes. As she set them down she smiled at me and then walked back into the kitchen. I slowly started eating. Billie and Mike started eating too, but a lot faster. In between bites Mike asked me "What do your parents think?"
"My mom is not too fond of the idea." I paused. "She doesn't think I would ever stand a chance."
"You don't believe her right? Everyone stands a chance, it just depends on how hard they try." Billie said.
The table was quiet as we finished our pancakes. Billie stood up. "C'mon, I want to show you my guitars."
We left the diner and began our journey to Billies house. I was excited to see his guitars. Maybe he would let me hold one or even teach me some chords. But I didn't get my hopes to high.
After a few minutes we stopped at a house that looked kind of beaten down, but homey. I liked it. We walked in and it seemed like there were teenagers everywhere. I counted at least 5. But we just walked right by them and up the steps, Billie was leading us.
We stepped into a small bedroom and there were posters covering the walls. It looked almost identical to mine. It felt like I was at home. The only difference was there was a small collection of guitars in the corner of the room that I fell in love with instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I haven't been updating. It's just been so hectic lately. But I'll try and post a lot more often now.