Bring Me to Life

Drama Queen Evie & Macrons

“Girl, you don’t know how happy we are to see you again!” Charlie chuckled as she watched the four girls of Little Mix dive straight into the Macrons she had brought over. “Sure, you just missed my macrons.”

“Mummy, I don’t want to watch the tele anymore.” Evie walked in with her eyebrows furrowed. It had been two weeks since Perrie had come in with her fiancé to set up a cake-testing day and took a look at cake designs.

“Awhh, come her suga. Auntie Leigh-Anne wants you.” Leigh swooped up Evie making her giggle. “But really in all seriousness we really missed you and Miss. Evie here.” Jade reached over and bopped her nose.

“I missed you girls too. How was tour?” It had been a wild ride for the past few months with them away. Charlie was so used to them popping in and out of the bakery on a constant when they were in town. From the first time Charlotte had met the girls they had become great friends to family.

“It was absolutely fabulous. Tiring but amazing, next time we need to fly you back out when we’re in America.” She nodded and smiled, “That would be awesome.”

It had been a constant fight for Charlie lately, just getting up, having to deal with the bakery, the fact that in just a years time Evie would be attending school. It was all too much for her. Then there was a giant void in her heart and mind, as if there was something missing in her life.

“Well ladies, it’s been great but I need to go see the man.” Jesy gave them a wink and walked out, followed by the goodbyes of Jade, and Leigh-Anne. “I’ll be in tomorrow morning Char.” Jade winked and was gone.

“Well Evie, it’s just you, me and Mummy.” Perrie laughed picking her up. “Mummy, is Harry coming?” Perrie’s head shot in the direction of Charlie and then down to Evie. “What about Harry?” She looked back with a raised eyebrow.

“Perrie, don’t. When y’all came by the bakery he had come back because he forgot his keys. It honestly was not a big deal, Evie was watching Max and Ruby and he stayed a little longer to watch it with her. Really, no big deal.”

Charlie turned her body around and attended to the dishes that were occupying Perrie’s sink. “Char, Harry rode with us so he didn’t need his keys. He told us that he was going to walk down the street to the coffee shop to meet up with someone…” Char’s cheeks flushed a bright red, that couldn’t be right.

“Yeah, right.” She focused on the dishes ignoring Perrie and her attempt at stopping her from doing them. “Char, I wouldn’t lie about that.” She chuckled, “Okay fine but why are we making a big deal out of it then?” Charlie stopped what she was doing,

“Making a big deal out of what?” The girls heads turned to the entryway of the kitchen to find three boys with bags in their hands. “A big deal about washing these dishes Zayn, told Perrie I had no problem with doing them.” Charlie grinned and Perrie glared at her.

“Oh, okay well babe here is everything you texted me. The only thing I didn’t get on the list was the crisps; they didn’t have the ones you wanted.” The cleared counters were now clustered counters as Zayn, blondie, and curly set down the many plastic bags.

“Thanks baby. Niall, Haz how are you boys.” Char did the best that she could to avoid Harry’s stare but that didn’t stop him because when she looked up his eyes had met hers for a quick second before he pulled away. “Good, I tru in a few more boxes of dose little sandwiches I like.” Niall had chimed in digging through one of the bags.

“More like he threw in half the grocery store into your list.” Harry laughed. Everyone chuckled and everyone was on the move ducking and dodging each other, putting up the groceries.

“Mummy, I can’t find Angelina. She ran away from me again.” Charlie’s heart broke as Evie stumbled into the kitchen with tears in her eyes. Before she could do anything someone else had saved the day, “Oh no! Why did she run away this time?” The 6’ something, mop headed boy scooped her up in his arms wiping her tears away.

“Harry, it was horrible. She called me bad names and then just left.” As bad as it sounds Charlie wanted to just burst into laughter at the imagination of her daughter and her amazing acting skills.

“Really now? Well we’re just going to have to go find Miss. Angelina Ballerina and make her apologize.” Before anyone could blink Harry disappeared with Evie in tow in search for the evil stuff rat.

“Babe, Harry didn’t go back to meet anyone at the coffee shop down the street.” Charlotte couldn’t believe what she was hearing, “He went to go back because he ”left his keys”.” Charlie shot a glare at Perrie in which she returned a happy grin.

“Perrie, really?” Zayn and Niall’s eyes exchanged looks back and forth. “Charlie I don’t know why you’re over reacting. If it wasn’t such a big deal you wouldn’t be making such a fuss about it.” Charlie shook her head and finished up the last few dishes.

“You know the past two years with the kid have been a constant rollercoaster. We should have known he didn’t go where he said he was. Sure with time he’s more of himself but ever since the bakery, after that day he’s so livelier.” Perrie’s voice had remained low and her face softened.

“That’s not something the rest of the boys can ignore. And I don’t care if you want to hear it or not but I truly believe Evie, You, or even the both of you have made the difference.” Furrowing her eyebrows Charlie feel on to the stool.

“Char, it’s true. It’s like you’ve brought him back to life. Honestly I don’t know how because you’ve met him but a few weeks ago, but I truly feel like there’s something here.” My eyes shot up to the boy’s their faces light with hope and adoration.

“Mummy! Mummy! Guess what?” Evie had run straight into the kitchen Angelina in tow. “Hey baby, you found Angelina?” Evie nodded her head crazily a big grin on her lips.

“Yes, Harry made her apologize! It’s that just great mummy? Harry is just brilliant.” Charlie’s eyes shot up to the lean brown-headed boy leaning against the archway of the kitchen entrance. “Thank you.” She mouthed and turned back to Evie listening to her ramble on and on about her mini adventure with Harry.

Honestly, Charlotte had no idea what this was. She truly had been completely confused about everything that had been discussed. She knew that two years ago Delaney, the actress that had been dating Harry passed away. Other than that she didn’t really bring in any outside gossip into her life.

Charlie had enough of her own troubles keeping herself together and diva three-year-old everything else was a blur to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there darlin's. So here is chapter 02 if you're to follow the story,
chapter 03 if you follow mibba. Anyways I am sorry it's been a while
since I updated, it's been pretty busy for me. I feel like this story is
kind of spiraling lol... but yeah. Tell me what you think which means I
would really love it if y'all would comment and give me your input on
the story so far. I know it's not much to work with but it would mean
a lot to me. Until then check out my other Harry story and new 1D
group write I am writing with 4 other awesome writers!

Charlie & Evie's outfit.

Harry Story: Walk by Faith
One Direction group: Chance Encounters

Comment, Subscribe, & Recommend