Status: Keep watching for updates

Shout the Call

Chapter 13

“Jack! You okay mate?” Aaron asked, clearly embarrassed.

“I knew it,” Jack spat at him and laughed, “I just knew there was something going on between you two. Why couldn’t you just tell me Aaron?”

“Should I have to tell you?” Aaron replied, “What does it have to do with you anyway?”

I winced, suddenly wanting to disappear and let the two of them talk it out. After what we had just been talking about, Aaron really could have handled that better.

“Oh, it’s nothing to do with me at all but I’m just not a huge fan of walking in on my ex and his new piece of meat.”

“Jack, what the fuck is wrong with you dude?” Aaron shouted as he got up and walked towards him, “I don’t know where you got this notion from – we were never a couple!”

“Oh really,” Jack said as he got right up into Aaron’s face, “You weren’t saying that all those times we were together!”

“Oh piss off Jake, it’s not like we were married! I’ve always liked you Jake - really liked you but that’s it; it’s as simple as that.”

I was feeling more uncomfortable by the second. I felt like an intruder.

“Guys, I’m going to leave,” I butted in quickly, “you two need to sort this out and I don’t think you can do that while I’m here.” I stood up to go but Aaron pulled me back.

“You will not Bea,” he said as he pulled me to his chest, “you’ve as much right to be here as either of us. I have nothing to hide.”

“I know you don’t honey,” I said, gently stroking his face, “but I really think it’s for the best. We have plenty of time to be together. You need to talk.”

“Actually Bea, forget it,” Jack spat at me, “you’re welcome to the piece of shit – he’s all yours. Just a word to the wise though; be prepared to have your heart broken!”

With that, Jack yanked open the bus door and disappeared into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
And now to bed. Zzzzzzzz. Enjoy it my lovelies