Status: Read, Comment, Subscribe, and Recommend!

St. Laurence Academy

And I don't even know your name.

I took it in as I lay peacefully on my bed. It took about an hour before I realized that I wasn’t alone. Okay, an hour long nap... I had been awakened by squeals, thumps, and then a loud shriek. In my mind I screamed. I guess I just met my roommate(s). I didn’t want to disturb them so I did my best to ignore the passion fest that was currently going on. Unfortunately I wasn’t successful and left.

I walked. Walked through the halls of my dorm. Walked through the corridor, into the quad, out into the courtyard, and then I found myself in the sports fields. A blow of the whistle sounded through the air. It had my attention.

Before life got in the way of my family, before dad got his break. I was his right hand man. I recall standing on the couch to cheer my cowboys. I helped him around the house fixing and building; overall I was daddy’s little girl. It’s funny how things change so quickly.

My attention was focused towards the field. Teenage boys decked out in tight fit padded pants; their faces we’re hidden by helmets, and their upper bodies consumed in shoulder pads. I found the entrance to the bleachers and found a seat off to the side midway up. As I watched the practice I couldn’t help but feel but out of place with nowhere to go.

I didn’t want to go back and listen to the sound of adolescent love making. Time at the moment is what I and my mystery and sexually frustrated roommate needed. So I decided to sit here a little longer and watch my new school’s football team practice.

I had become so involved I didn’t realize the group of girls who had found a place on the bleachers. Nor did I realize they were trying to get my attention.

“Hey.” I was pulled out of my thoughts and found my eyes meet a pair of bright blue ones. She had to be no taller than five four, her hair blonde and laid out in curls. “Are you new? I haven’t seen you around before.” She smiled and so did her minions that stood around her.

“Uhm, yes.” I kept my response short and turned back to the boys on the field. I don’t think she liked that because I felt eyes burning into my skull. I turned back their way. “Can I help you?”

The blonde girl raised her eyebrow and walked away. The look on her face gave me chills and a giant red sign flashed in my head I think I just made my first enemy. The whistle blew and the boy huddled telling me it was time for me to leave.

I made my way off the bleachers and on to the concrete pathway that led away from the stadium. Of course there was that tiny little voice in my mind that said I should have left earlier before the end.

A wolf-whistle sounded from several feet away. I kept my face forward because it couldn’t have been me that, that whistle was directed to. So I walked, and I continued to walk not stopping for nothing. My arms crossed against my chest and my sperries silently smashing against the hot concrete.

“You know it’s rude to ignore someone when they’re talking to you. It wasn’t until the voice caught my attention that four shadows had surrounded me. “Not if that person is 6 foot, with bad hygiene, and a complete nuisance and pig.”

I shot back not bothering to look at the figures. “Ouch man, she got you.” I chuckled and shook my head. I stopped in my tracks, turned around and met the gazes of four sweaty football players. “So if you boys don’t mind I’m going to go.” I gave them a little wink and was just about to turn my head, but then I met my eyes with a pair of bright green ones.

I looked away quickly and walked away without another word.

Image


It’s been a week since I first arrived here at St. Laurence. A turn out, my roommate is not as horrible as I assumed silently in my head. I never brought up the whole situation I personally ran into but I definitely was going to keep to myself. Burry the hatchet as my father says. Marcie took me in with open arms and introduced me to a couple of her friends and boyfriend of course. Again, I didn’t bring anything up.

Marcie definitely had come off as a mother type despite her bright pink hair and lip ring. Elena was more of the book smart type, she was more logic then anything and was very honest and blunt but something that I didn’t mind. Then there’s Samantha, Sammie as she likes to be called. The vibrant blonde that walks around with a huge grin and bright red lipstick and normally I find nose rings unattractive but she manages to pull it off with no problem.

“Blake! Get up we have to get to orientation.” I growled and rolled over onto my back. “Didn’t we already have orientation?” Marcie let out a chuckle and busted through the door. “That was the parent orientation. Every year before the first day of school they always have an orientation. It’s like a giant pep rally to ring in the new school year and remind us that summer is officially over.”

Wonderful. Another reminder that my parents are in Seoul and I am stuck at this boarding school, “So get you ass up. Elena and Sammie are waiting for us.” With that she was gone.

I had assumed by the look of Marcie’s outfit there wasn’t much a dress code and well now that I think of it a couple of the girls from the field weren’t wearing much. So I decided to go with a pair of worn shorts, a black strapless top that stopped right above my belly button, a grey, red, and blue plaid jacket, and my brown pair of cowboy boots.

I pulled my hair up into a perfect ballet bun and added a bow for an extra touch. I applied my make-up and decided to go with a bright red for my lips. Mind as well start my sort of first day with a bang.

As soon as I finished up I tossed everything I needed into my bag, grabbed my phone charging on my desk, and then headed out to find my new friend sitting around the kitchen table in Marcie and my small “apartment” like place.

“Well hello there pretty lady, hows about you and I go two steppin. You sure a very purty.” I rolled my eyes as Sam attempted a southern accent before Elena dragged us all out.

Image


Nathaniel’s POV

The stadium was completely filled with incoming freshman all throughout St. Laurence’s Seniors. I let my eyes wander the many faces that took their place in the bleachers. They wandered to the dance team that sat down at the end to the right, then to the band member, bookworms, Peyton and the rest of the Legends and cheerleaders, then my eyes landed on her. It was the girl from a week ago after practice. I’m not sure exactly what overcome me to do what I was about to do but I knew I definitely wasn’t thinking. “Yo, guys where’s Nate going?” I could hear the guys speaking amongst themselves.

“Nathan, hey how are-“ I continued to walk passing Peyton up. That’s how I found myself right here in front of her. “Well look who it is, the big man on campus. How was your summer Nathaniel?” I looked up to come face to face with Marcie Tucker, Samantha Blaire, and Elena Johnson. “It was good Marcie, how about yours?” I smiled and asked but turned to the mystery girl that stood in front of me.

“Hey. You’re the girl from practice a week ago yeah?” The brown-headed beauty turned her head looking around the stadium and at the 3 girls and then at me. “Depends on whose asking?” She crossed her arms and furrowed her eyes in confusion. She’s definitely a feisty one.

“Nathaniel or just Nate.” I stuck my hand out, “I just wanted to apologize for then. My friends were being assholes.” Surprisingly she took my hand and shook it.

“Well, isn’t that just so kind of you Nathan, such a gentleman really but we need to go. Enjoy orientation.” Sammie then took her hand and whisked her away with not another word. I sighed and walked back to my seat.

“Nathan, what the hell was that.” I stopped and raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow at me. “Obviously something that’s not any of your business Pey. Chill out.” With that I walked away without another word.

The guys gave me a load of crap but it had been expected. Through all that courage to even get up and talk to her I still didn’t have her name. That would be my luck. Letting out a deep sigh and decided not to think much about the situation and focus on the pep rally. Unfortunately it’s not that easy mentally removing someone from your mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits: BLAKE & SAMMIE & MARCIE & ELENA


Hey dears, so I am sorry it took so long to update. I've been crazy busy with work and school, but I am here now and with a new chapter obviously. Thank you to unapalomayunaflor, State Of Grace, and hawker! for commenting. It truly means a lot. Anyways I hope y'all enjoyed chapter two. I'm not sure when three will be out but soon hopefully. Until then if you're One Direction Fans *cough*cough* Harry Fans so read my two other stories I currently have out. Also keep an eye out on a Group Written, One Direction story I am writing with 4 other incredible writers.

Thanks, Much love Bee.

Comment, Subscribe, & Comment