Sequel: Love and Life
Status: Will be updated when inspiration strikes:)

Just Another Love Story

Game shows and first dates

Casey sat with Bam since Ryan had headed off to do something, Dico looked from Phil to Don Vito then with an evil laugh, and he turned to the camera.

“Let’s Begin this mighty game show,” Dico shouted into the camera in his best TV host voice, before turning back to Phil and Don Vito, “Everyone please pay attention this is very important. Phil is in the lead two to one after the physical competition, now for the real stakes of the Fat Boy Face Off, Don Vito you will be playing for… your truck. Please turn to look at the screen behind you.”

Don Vito turned round to see his truck parked up in front of a construction digger, which was being operated by Glomb who smiled and threw the camera a thumbs up.

“That construction vehicle, should you lose, will be smashing your truck into nothingness,” Dico added.

“Come on Bam, I have important documents in that truck,” Don Vito shouted.

“It’ll still be in there, it’ll just be harder to get out,” Dico replied making everyone laugh, “Phil, you will be playing for something of Apes.”

“Wait. Why is he playing for something of mine?” Ape asked looking at Bam who simply smiled.

“Since Phil doesn’t care about anything at all… he will be playing for your beloved china cabinet,” Dico announced motioning for them to look at the screen.

Standing a little way away from Don Vito’s truck was a wooden, glass fronted cabinet, which held Apes most precious china ornaments and plates. Beside it stood Dunn with a sledge-hammer resting on his shoulder, he pushed one of the ornaments off the top looking innocently over to the camera, as it smashed on the floor.

“So let’s let the game show begin!” Dico shouted. “The rules are simple, a correct answer will earn you one point, however if you get it wrong you must spin the wheel for a ’tasty delight’. Today’s first question is, get your hands on those buzzers gentlemen, what is the capital of New Jersey, is it A New Jersey, B Cape May, C Wildwood, or D Ocean city, MD?”

Don Vito hit the buzzer first, as Ryan returned to watch, sitting behind Casey who smiled up at him.

“South Jersey.”

Everyone started laughing, as Don Vito started shouting, his face turning bright red.

“The capital of New Jersey is Trenton you dumbass,” Bam said.

“The answer wasn’t even on the stupid list.”

“Don Vito you got it wrong, so you will spin the lucky wheel,” Dico shouted, watching as Rake spun the wheel, and Dico slammed his foot on it to stop it, “And it will land on… A Sardine Milkshake.”

Casey grimaced as Rake handed it over to Don Vito.

“What’s in it strawberry ice-cream and Sardines?” Don Vito asked.

Nobody answered as he began drinking, everybody gagging as he emptied the glass, and licked the remaining remnants off his lips. In it was strawberry ice-cream, vitamin A and D, whole milk, whole sardines, pureed sardines, and Clam juice, made by Bam himself.

“The next question, what kind of salad dressing does Macaulay Culkin prefer, is it A French, B blue cheese, C Balsamic vinaigrette, or D Neverland Ranch?” Dico read from his card as everyone once again burst out laughing, Don Vito hit his buzzer, beating Phil by a fraction of a second.

“Never land Ranch, it’s got to be.”

“The scores are now tied, and to award our contestants for getting this far, I must command masses of food for the two contestants. Let the foods fly.”

Everyone grabbed food from where they sat and started launching it towards Phil and Don Vito, causing both to nearly fall backwards off there chairs which were sat behind the podiums.

“Okay, okay last question, shall we do it… this is for the win. What animal is best suited to be used as a weapon, is it A Swordfish, B porcupine, C sawfish or D exploding lobster?”

Phil and Don Vito both dived for the buzzers hitting them at the same time, Ryan kissed Casey’s cheek before disappearing again.

“An exploding lobster,” Don Vito stated confidently.

“I’d go with A… Swordfish,” Phil added re-enacting using a sword with his hands.

“Sword fish is the correct answer. Phil wins,” Dico shouted as Ape screeched with happiness.

“Don Vito you lost, your car is getting screwed now,” Bam announced giving Glomb the go ahead over a walkie-talkie that he had in his hands.

Glomb spun the digger in a circle, before bringing the claw down on Don Vito’s truck, he hit it several times, managing to hook the claw so that he could lift the truck into the air, and he raised it as far as he could before letting it fall to the ground.

“Where’s my china cabinet?” Ape shouted down the walkie-talkie, “Hey, hey, hey, STOP.”

“Did you say smash the china cabinet?” Glomb asked.

“No you’re too close to the china cabinet.”

“Did you say smash it?” Glomb replied edging a little further forward.

“No,” Ape shouted panicking.

“Go! Okay,” Glomb said pushing Don Vito’s truck in to the cabinet, knocking it over and flattening it.

Ape smacked Bam on the arm, glaring at him like she was going to murder him, he shrugged his shoulders in reply, which Casey knew meant that he found the entire situation hilarious, just like everyone else.

“You know no ones ever a winner here on the Fat Boy Face Off,” Dico said earning a smack in the face by Don Vito who was still ranting about his truck, and how he wanted Bam to get him a new car. Truth was they should know by now, that the only winner there will ever be on Viva la Bam, is Bam himself.

After an hour of listening to Don Vito moan about his truck, Casey went to her room to get ready for her date with Ryan. She decided quickly on wearing a pair of torn jeans, with her favorite HIM t-shirt, and her converse.

She knew that she shouldn’t be nervous; after all it was Ryan she had known him for years, but she couldn’t help it. This was their first real date, just the two of them, and she had no idea what to expect. Looking in the mirror one last time, Casey took a deep breath and headed downstairs, where Ryan was waiting with Bam.

“You look great,” Ryan said grinning as she joined them.

“Make sure you’re home by twelve, oh and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do,” Bam joked as he hugged Casey.

“That doesn’t leave us with a lot of options then,” Casey replied poking her tongue out at him, as her and Ryan left.

They headed out to Ryan’s Porsche which he had bought a few days before, after smashing up his last car; he opened the door allowing her to climb in, before gently shutting it behind her and heading round to the driver’s side.

“I thought we’d just head to the diner to eat, if that’s okay,” Ryan asked her as he closed his door and started the engine.

“Sounds good,” Casey replied with a smile, as they headed out of the gates and towards the diner.

When they arrived at the diner and got out of the car, Ryan entwined their fingers, leading her inside. Right at the back away from the other customers, a table had been set up with candles, and roses placed on it. Ryan took her over to the table, pulling out her chair, so that she could sit down, and then sat down opposite her handing over a menu.

They ate, talking about everything from music, to Casey’s future plans, and then after two hours, they headed out, leaving the Porsche parked in the parking lot. Walking through the park was always relaxing for Casey, but sharing something she liked doing with Ryan, made it special.

“I had fun today, it was perfect,” Casey said as they stood on the bridge over the river once again.

“I’m glad you liked it, I was really nervous, since you had hinted before that you didn’t like the whole romantic gesture thing.”

“It’s different with you,” Casey replied smiling before kissing him.

The kiss was short, but it spoke a thousand words into the silence that surrounded them, kissing Ryan felt so much different from when she used to kiss Josh. With Josh it became like a habit, and in the end she felt nothing, but with Ryan even his touch gave her goose bumps. Surely that meant something… she would just have to go with the flow, she wasn’t in any rush.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like :) Let me know what you think, happy reading ♥