Status: I'll try and update as much as I can. Enjoy! :)

A Million Reasons

Admire

I soon figured that avoiding my mother would be a lot easier than avoiding John. John was constantly here and possibly wanted something to do with me. Whereas my mother had no intentions to ever talk to me again.

I walked downstairs to find none other than the infamous John. I tried to walk by him like I didn't notice he was here, but he caught on to my act fairly quick and made the first move.

"Hey Macy." He said, following me into the kitchen. I grabbed a glass of water before sitting down at the small table. "Macy." He tried to reason.

"Mhm?" I mumbled.
"Are you still mad at me?"
"No John. I never was." I started fiddling with my nail polish.
"Fine then, go on a date with me." I looked up to him.
"What?"
"You heard me. Nothing crazy. Just coffee or something. Let me make up for being an ass."
"What about Lauren?"
"She doesn't have to know. Besides. It's just coffee."
I sighed, reluctantly agreeing.
He stood up, "Good. Be ready in an hour."
I got ready and sat on the stairs waiting for John to pick me up. Jared walked out of the living room.

"Hey Mace. Where are you headed?"
"I'm going to get coffee with John."
"John?"
"Mhm."
"He's bad news Mace. He'll use you for a while, then when he get's tired, he'll move on. I know his motives. He's a good guy. He's just a really big player."
"It's just coffee. We have nothing. Besides he has a girlfriend." I said a bit too sadly. Jared noticed.
"Mace. Just be careful."
"Okay Jare." I said just as John walked in.
"Ready?" He asked.
"Mhm." I said getting up. "See ya later Jare." We walked to John's truck.
"You look nice." He said gesturing to my old torn jeans and band shirt. I laughed. We drove to a small coffee shop around the corner. We sat at a round table and sipped our coffee in silence until John's phone started ringing. He pulled it out and looked back at me as if he was waiting for permission to answer it. I made a 'go ahead' gesture. He gave me that same damn look he'd been giving me a lot lately. He stood up and walked a couple of feet away from the table. I heard him raise his voice a little. He came back and sat down.

"Girlfriend troubles?"
"Girlfriend troubles."
"I'm sorry.."
"For what?"
"If I caused any of those girlfriend troubles."
"You didn't trus-"
"Come on." He looked down, trying to avoid the issue. My brain started rambling things. I started panicking. Realization hit me. Holy shit I was a homewrecker.
"I'm so sorry." I sighed standing up. I rushed outside to get some fresh air. I leaned against the wall outside and pulled out a cigarette. It was just a thing I did when I was stressed. Or panicking in this case. I searched my pockets, trying to find the pocket lighter I had in there.

"Here." A voice said, making me jump. I looked up to see a hand holding out a blue lighter. I grabbed it and thanked him.
"Are you okay now?" John asked after I took a long drag. I shrugged.
"It was bound to happen eventually." I looked up at this.
"What?"
"Lauren. We probably should have broken up years ago. I just had enough with all the jealousy."
"You broke up with her too?!" I all but yelled. "Oh my god. Seriously. I'm such a homewrecker." I blurted.
John was suddenly in front of me, pinning me against the wall. He tilted my chin up.
"It's perfectly okay. And your not a homewrecker." He said. "Okay?"
I nodded reluctantly. He kissed my forehead gently, making me wish I could get a taste of those perfect lips. I quickly shook the thought out of my head.

"Wanna go back to my place and watch a movie?" He asked.
"Sure." I said and he pulled me by my hand towards his truck.

After a while, we pulled up to an apartment building. We made our way up to his loft. He pulled out a small key and unlocked the door. He tossed his keys onto the kitchen table as I walked over to the wall and examined a row of pictures, some of John, and some of people who looked like John. I was studying one that captured a smiling John, and two younger looking boy's looking equally as happy.

"Those are my brothers." John said from behind me. I jumped slightly.
"Shane and Ross. Right?" I said.
"Mhm. And those are my parents." He said pointing to a picture beside of an older, more mature looking version of John, wrapping his arm around a petite beautiful women. I smiled.

"What's your mother's name?" I asked.
"Jenny." He said smiling.
"Do you see your mom much?"
"Yeah, I see her every once and a while." He had the perfect family while I was stuck with a mother who didn't want me, a father who didn't want me and a dead stepfather. I was lucky I had Jared.

I hadn't noticed that John walked towards the tv and was searching through movies. I walked over and saw a dvd set of New Girl. I gasped and grabbed it, holding it close to my heart dramatically.

"Can we please watch this?" I begged.
He laughed, "Yeah sure."
"Wait why do you have a box set of New Girl?"
"They were Lauren's."
"Oh..." I said. "We don't have to watch them you kn-"
"It's fine." He chuckled. I excitedly put the dvd in the player and sat on the couch next to John. We laid there watching re-runs of one of Zooey Deschanel's best creations until I started to fall asleep. John got up and turned the tv off. He picked me up, making me awake fully.

"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Taking you to my bed."
"That's okay John. I'm not going to take your bed from you."
"It's fine." He set me down on a very comfortable bed and I pulled the covers up to my chin. John started to walk away.

"Wait. John."
"Mhm?"
"You can sleep in here.." I said, gesturing to the empty half of the bed. He laughed.
"Are you sure?" I nodded. He took of his shirt and pants, standing only in his boxers, making me blush. I quickly turned over. I felt the bed creak under the weight of us. All was silent for a few seconds.

"Goodnight John."
"Good night Macy." Were the last words he said before I heard a soft snoring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crappy chapter, I know. But I felt like updating so.. I still hope you enjoy nonetheless. And please let me know how I'm doing on all this fanfiction stuff. Have a magnificent week, and I will definitely update if I get some free time. Damn homework.