Status: Hope you enjoy!...And comment!....

The Uncertain Journey to Space

Chapter 2

In the teleporting room, the trio had their legs in the correct positions on the the teleporting machine.

'' Press the button, Jide'', Capt. Okoro instructed.

'' No. Tobi, you press it.'' Jide said, troublesomely.

'' I can't. You push it! You're nearer''

And then another argument was ignited. The were really childish afterall.
Capt. Okoro was fed up.

'' WILL THE BOTH OF YOU STOP BABBLING LIKE BABIES AND JUST PUSH THAT BUTTON!'', He practically screamed.

Tobi pushed Jide and Jide pushed the button and they were off...

* * * * * *
Jide, Tobi, and Capt. Okoro appeared on the receiver of the teleporting machine in a flash.
Jide's finger was still up in the air as though he was pressing an imaginary button.
They were in Mars.
The N.O.V.A had Nigerian flags implanted on different surfaces on Mars as well as many transporting and receiving teleporting machines.
They were just in time for Capt. Uchenna's speech and took position.

'' Today is a great day in the history of the N.O.V.A.'', Capt. Uchenna started, '' Three of our finest astronauts are...Blah Blah Blah...''

Jide wasn't listening; he was so engrossed, thinking of the mission ahead, that his ears stopped listening to the speech that Capt. Uchenna was making. What would happen? What if they died? What if they crashed? No. Why would he even think of that? What if they got lost? ... These were but some of the multitudes of questions popping up in his mind and sub-conscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its kinda short but it makes it more interesting, doesn't it?