Status: Currently being written

You're What?

Wake Up Call

Ronnie’s POV

‘What the fuck was going on?’ I thought to myself. I turned to look at Derek and Ron who seemed to have noticed my concern.

“Guys, I’ll be back in a bit.” I announced. They didn’t question my motives, they just let me go. I walked in the same direction that Jacky had walked in until I found a set of toilets. I checked inside them first but found no sign of anyone and there was no office opposite them so I continued. When I found my second set of toilets to look in I did so quickly, leaving no place unchecked but I still left with the same result. Except this time there was an office opposite them I tried to peek through the door but the blind was pulled down. I sighed and turned the door handle clockwise, opening the door with ease. As soon as I had opened it there was nothing but boxes that looked a little smashed up. I sighed and walked in quickly. I moved a few boxes around, checking inside a few of them but soon giving up. I was about to leave when I heard a pained whimper. I stopped in my tracks and turned around. ‘Where did that come from?’ I thought to myself. I must be hearing things. Then I heard something else.

“Help me.” Someone said in an agonized whisper. Please don’t let that be Jacky. I may be angry at him, but I don’t want to see him hurt. I moved the boxes around a bit more until I heard it again.

“Help me, please.” The person whispered. It was so quiet that I was barely able to hear it but it gave me a good idea of where the person was situated. I cautiously moved towards the sound, taking one step at a time until I removed a box that made me want to be sick there and then. Laying in a broken heap on the floor with blood pouring from his freshly opened wounds was Jacky. I opened my mouth to say something but was unable to form any words. The only sound that came out was the quietest of squeaks. Whoever did this was officially sick in the head. I crouched down silently next to him.

"Jacky, what happened to you?" I asked my voice barely above a whisper. He coughed and looked up at me through glassy eyes.

"T-TJ grabbed me from behind. I couldn't get away from him. I think he broke my ribs and legs." He whispered in reply. I nodded softly. The next thing he said almost broke my heart.

"I guess I deserved it. After everything that's happened. I’ve hurt everyone I love and care about, it’s my fault Ryan’s here anyway. I shouldn't have called you. You should have left me." He whispered. I grew stiff. Did he really think that?

"Nobody deserves this Jacky. Nobody. Do you understand me? Now let's get you to a doctor. “I said in a soothing tone. He nodded as best as he could and didn't resist when I picked him up bridal style. I carried him down the corridor and back to the main hospital where I took him over to the nurses’ station.

"Excuse me but my friend here needs urgent medical attention.” I exclaimed loudly. The nurse's turned to look at me in shock before getting a stretcher and allowing me to gently lower Jacky on to it before wheeling him away.
I ran my hands through my hair, out of pure anxiety. I hope Jacky will be ok. I walked back to Ryan's room to find Ron and Derek talking quietly. They stopped once I entered the room.

"So what did Jacky do that had you yelling at him down the phone?" Derek asked sarcasm present in his tone.

"He got beaten up by TJ and believed that he deserved to die." I stated simply. Both Derek's and Ron's jaws hit the floor.

"Are you serious? Is he ok?" Ron asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. All I know is that it seems as if almost all of his ribs, both of his legs and one of his wrists is broken." I said softly. Ron looked like he was about to be sick and Derek didn't look to good either.

"Why would anyone do that?” Derek asked in a hushed whisper. I shook my head and stared at the ground.

“Do you think we should go and check on him?" Ron asked. I nodded. We all knew Ryan would be ok for a while but we needed to see if Jacky was ok. We all left Ryan's room in search of Jacky and just hoped that he would be ok.

Ryan's POV

I overheard all of their conversation. It couldn't be true, could it? I knew I needed to wake up now. I put as much energy as I could in to opening my eyes and surprisingly it actually worked. I blinked a few times to try and adjust to the light before looking around the room. It was empty. I tried to speak but soon realised that there was a tube in my throat. I caught sight of a remote that was used to call the nurse so I picked it up and pressed it. About two minutes later a nurse came in. As soon as she saw my eyes were open she smiled kindly at me and paged a doctor. I was relieved when the doctor came and removed the tube from my throat. I tried to talk but it hurt my throat badly. The nurse looked at me sympathetically and handed me some water, which I drank quickly. My throat felt a little better so it allowed me to speak although my voice was still extremely hoarse.

“Excuse me, but my friend is in here somewhere. I was wondering if I could see him." I said softly. She smiled kindly and fetched a wheelchair for me.

"What's your friends name dear?" She asked with a polite smile.

"Jacky Vincent." I replied. Her smile faltered slightly but she wheeled me up to a door.

"He's in there." She said. I nodded and she was about to push me through the door before I changed my mind.

"Wait." I said. She stopped for a second.

“I'll walk in if that's okay." She nodded in agreement and allowed me to do so. I carefully got to my feet and gently opened the door without a sound before walking in. What I saw was without a shadow of a doubt the most terrible thing I had ever seen. Jacky laying there looking so frail and close to death.

"Oh my god." I whispered. Unfortunately everyone in the room heard me so they snapped out of their dazes and stared at me. They looked like they had seen a ghost

"Ryan?" Derek asked. I smirked slightly and nodded.

"Umm, hi?" I said softly. They all stared at me in bewilderment until they finally snapped back in to reality. Jacky had been beaten up by TJ and could die from his injuries. He was in the same position I was a few hours ago.

"R-Ryan?" A soft whisper came from the bed situated in front of me. I looked over at where the voice had come from and saw a very broken man. Jacky. I slowly walked over to his bedside and crouched down to his eye level.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. I gave him a small smile and nodded, silently telling him that he is forgiven. As if by magic all of the built up tension in the room evaporated in to thin air, as if it never existed. Unfortunately our moment was cut short by a doctor.

"Ah Mr Vincent. You're awake now. Well it seems as if you have managed to break every single one of your ribs, broken both your legs in multiple places and you have broken your wrist. Now then Mr Vincent how did you manage to do that?" She questioned slightly irritated. Jacky gulped.

"Umm, well I-I uh got beaten up by a r-random p-person." He lied. The doctor raised an eyebrow as if to question his answer.

“Really?”She said sarcastically. She glanced round at all of us until her eyes landed on me. Her eyes quickly caught sight of my hospital wrist band.

“And you sir, shouldn’t be out of bed. Return now.” She commanded. I mirrored her expression from moments before, raising my own eyebrow.

“Make me.” I hissed. I saw Ronnie and Derek trying to hold in their laughter, Ron was smiling widely and even Jacky was smiling. It seemed as if everything was going to be ok. She stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. I returned Jacky’s smile. I saw Ronnie shoot Derek and Ron a look telling them to leave the room before he left as well. I looked over at Jacky’s face. He looked sorrowful.

“I know I already said it Ryan, but I really am sorry. I shouldn’t have cheated on you, I should have just-.” I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. His eyes widened slightly in shock but he soon melted in to the kiss. It was as if nothing else mattered anymore. All that mattered was that Jacky and I were ok. I slowly pulled away and grasped his hand before saying goodbye. He smiled appreciatively and returned my goodbye with his own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ryan's alive and Ronnie saved Jacky! Things are about to get a little bit strange though.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. :)