Status: Active for your Eyes Only. <3 [Incomplete/Ongoing]

Chaotic Demons

Sick at Home

Harper’s POV

Aden had woken up with a slight fever so we decided it was better not to go to school and stay at home. I warmed up some milk and gave him medicine. He trembled from cold so I took out two more blankets and covered him.

‘’Are you warming up now, sweetheart?’’ I asked seeing as he covered his head under the covers.

‘’Yes, slowly.’’ His voice answered from under the covers.

‘’Would you like me to read you anything? Tell you a story?’’ I asked siting on the chair I had moved beside his bed in order to watch over him.

‘’No aunt Harper, I will try to sleep. I’m sleepy.’’

‘’Okay, I will be in the living room. If you need me, all you have to do is yell my name.’’ I got up for the chair and turned off the lights before I got out of his bedroom. I was really worried about him because he had a weak system. From time to time he’d get slight fevers like that one and stay on bed for a few days before being able to go to school. We had visited many doctors and all they had said was that he needed more vitamins. I didn’t want to make him take too much medicine from such a young age so I was making eat food that had the vitamins he was missing.

I went in the kitchen to make a cup of hot chocolate. I had already drunk one coffee and I didn’t want to drink more, so, a hot chocolate was the best choice available. I warmed up some milk and added sugar and chocolate before taking my cup and moving to the living room. I turned on the TV and relaxed, hoping someone would call me for work. The past few days I had been doing nothing more than going to job interviews and being with my nephew, going to his school, at the park near our house and shopping.

Nothing interesting was on TV so I just changed the channels looking one channel for a while before switching to another one. It was Sunday already and I had managed to do nothing other than enroll den to school. I had to get my hands on a job; otherwise we’d be in serious trouble. I didn’t have much money saved up so we would have been really low on money if I didn’t do something soon.

The bell rang and I got up to see who it was. ‘’Yes?’’ I called, looking from the peep-hole.

‘’It’s me again…Nick, the guy next door?’’ I knew who he was so I opened the door.

‘’My music is not turned on now,’’ I said smiling up at him. He looked better today; he had shaved up and he was wearing a black pair of jeans and a buttoned, white shirt that was tight around his body.

‘’I know,’’ he laughed. ‘’I actually came to ask you for a drink tonight.’’ He smiled at me yet I had to refuse. Aden was sick and I’d never leave him alone.

‘’My nephew is sick so I really can’t go,’’ I answered and his smile dropped.

‘’Oh, it’s okay then. I understand,’’ he muttered ad turn his back ready to leave.

‘’Would you like to come in?’’ I blurted out without really thinking, but a coffee with my neighbor wouldn’t kill me. I knew no one in this city other than him so why not hang out a bit?

‘’Sure,’’ he said as the smile returned to his face. I stepped back inside the house and to the side so Nick could enter.

I was about to close the door when I saw that guy again with his motorcycle. He looked really angry and his footsteps were heavy against the road. I ignored him and closed the door. It wasn’t any of my business or problem on that matter.

Nick had already stepped into the living room as I asked, ‘’coffee or hot chocolate?’’

‘’Coffee, make it sweet.’’ Nick replied while smiling and I quickly went to make his coffee. ‘’Milk?’’ I yelled from inside the kitchen.

‘’Yes, please,’’ came his voice from the other room.
A few minutes later his coffee was ready and I took it to him as I sat down beside him on the couch. I took a sip from my hot chocolate which wasn’t that hot anymore and looked at him. He took a sip as well, his slender yet mainly fingers around the cup creating a nice image on my mind.

‘’So, how’s your nephew?’’ Nick asked setting his coffee on the table and turning his head to look at my face.

‘’He’s not that good. He gets fevers every now and then because he’s low on some vitamins. He takes medicine and of course I feed him with everything that has lots of the vitamins missing from his system but his system is still weak.’’ I explained to him and sat better on the couch by taking of my shoes and sitting with my feet crossed. I didn’t really care how I looked like because that was my house now and I wanted him to be as comfortable as I was. I didn’t want to seem like a closed-off girl, even though I actually was one.

‘’Oh, is he sleeping now?’’

‘’Yes,’’ I replied, grabbing the newspapers from the table and collecting all the notes I had made about job interviews and locations. I put them under the table inside the see through, open box.

‘’Are you looking for a job?’’ Nick asked upon seeing all the papers.

‘’Yes, I really need one, and I’ve been looking since I moved here but still nothing.’’ I replied disappointed and I pushed my back against the couch, relaxing.

‘’Maybe I can help you with that. The place I work at is looking for a waitress. It’s a cafeteria that turns to a club every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Do you think you’d be interested in working at a place like that?’’ I had bought newspapers and what not while looking for a job and there was nothing. How knew Nick would offer me a job?

‘’Sure, could you arrange an interview for me?’’ I asked him, hoping I would land this job. Seeing as Nick would say I was his friend, maybe after his recommendation it would be easier to get the job. This place seemed closed-off in matter of jobs to strangers and I was new in town.

‘’Of course, I’ll call Pedro now,’’ he said grabbing his phone from the pocket of his jeans. If Nick helped me get that job it would be awesome. The only problem left was where to leave Aden for the hours I would be out working.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspiration hit me so I updated really quick. What do you think of Nick?