Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 57

"Lea, we need to talk."

They were still sitting in the back of the bus, only Jimmy sitting near them. He was on the phone, talking to Leana, telling her the good news of Zack and Lea getting married the next day, wanting her to make her way to Vegas for the wedding.
Matt and Lea were just switching aimlessly around channels, until he stopped at some sports program, uninteresting enough to just look at. She had her head bedded on his lap and his fingers were striding through her curls, a movement that was relaxing both her and him.

"What is it Shads?"

She diverted her gaze from the screen up into his hazel green eyes and as their eyes locked she smiled up to him: she had missed Matt the past months as well. Even though he had made her feel uneasy at times, confessing that he still had feelings for her; lying here like this brushed all her worries away.

"It's...about this rushed wedding. I just don't think you two realize what you're doing. I'm not saying that you don't love each other...but, he only asked you a few hours ago, you have been through a rough patch recently and then Brian becoming a part of this as well. I think you two should take some more time to be a couple again before you tie the knot."

He didn't break eye contact for one second. He wanted to get across what he was thinking and fearing, without appearing jealous.

"So what you are saying is, that we shouldn't get married in Vegas. Matt, it's nice that you care so much. But either way: Zacky and I are getting married, it doesn't really matter if in a year, 2 months or tomorrow. I can see that he has been trying really hard to make things work again and after all that has happened, he's sorry and I know he'll make up for it, until I can fully trust him again."

Matt pressed his lips together, trying not to spring all his real reasons on her, as the last time he had been outspoken about his feelings, she had walked out of the bar with tears in her eyes.

"Don't you think you should first trust him and then vow you'll love him, for better or worse?"

He said calmly, as he noticed that Jimmy was now looking at them, having terminated the call to Leana.
Lea sat up and looked at her ex, searching his eyes.

"I do trust him! We all know that if it wasn't for Gena, none of this would have happened in the first place. He wouldn't cheat on me again, if he knows what's good for him. Is there any other reason why you think I shouldn't marry him?"

He exhaled loudly, his hands cupping her face with his big hands. He didn't care what Jimmy thought of his actions or of what he was about to say.

"You mean other than me being painfully in love with you? Other than that my heart would break if you'd officially commit to be his wife? Other than me being afraid he might try to rape you again one drunken night, and me not being able to stop him? Hell Lea, all you keep bringing up is the fact that he kissed Gena, but all I can think about is him almost raping you! Can't you see that I am not so much worried about him cheating on you, as to him hurting you even if he didn't intend to? There are hundreds of reasons why I think you shouldn't rush this decision, but I know you won't listen to anybody once your mind is made up. And even if you are going to deny it: the only reason you're so willing to do this, is the belief that both Syn and me will just stop looking at you the way we are. Actually, I think Syn just wants a fuck, but I...I just can't switch off the feelings I have for you because you sign a piece of paper. Every time I see you smile or hear you laugh, my heart skips a beat or two. There is nothing I can do about it, and trust me: I have tried to get detached from you months ago! I hate feeling this way for you sometimes. I don't wanna stand between you and your happiness."

"Matt, just let her be, she's old enough to know what she's doing!"

Jimmy said, leaning back in the couch seat. He had been wondering when Matt would make his move, trying to make Lea reconsider, but he had hoped he would be the bigger man and just let it be. OK, he had been surprised as well, but seen that Brian had been pissing her off big time and that Lea was simply looking for a steady place in life, and Zack was the man she wanted to be part of it. He knew Zack would pull his shit together and try make this relationship, marriage, work.

"Sometimes I really wish he would not be in the same band as you, so that him and me could just have peace and quiet. Don't get me wrong, I love all of you and can count myself lucky that I have friends that care for me. But Zack is one of your longest and closest friends, shouldn't you be able to give him the benefit of a doubt, that he will actually do the right thing? Everyone makes mistakes Shads, and everyone deserves a second chance to redeem himself!"

Matt looked at her, narrowing his eyes and pushing her back into her original lying position.

He knew that everyone deserved a 2nd chance...what pissed him off was, that she gave Zacky one, even two, and he hadn't gotten any chance to redeem himself to her.

--------------------------------

"Brian? We need to talk! Get your ass down here, I know you're awake!"

Zack sat in the kitchen area of the bus, opening two bottles of beer, dragging on his cigarette hard. He could hear some movement from Brian's bunk, until his long legs swung out and he plopped himself out, making his way to his band mate.

"You look like shit! Beat up by a girl!"

Zack snickered, passing over the beer. Brian did look like shit, a big bruise in his face.

"Yeah, thanks for telling me! She has a pretty hard swing, almost as hard as Shads, I swear!"

He drank some of the beer, relaxing into the small couch. He knew what would come, and he was intend to listen to Zack. Or at least he'd pretend to listen.

"I need you to not ruin this for me Brian, please! I love this girl, and I want her to be with me. You and Shads are making it hard for her to relax when you are around. I offered to leave the band if that is what it takes to get you two out of the picture. Please don't make me take this step!"

Brian's head whipped around, staring at Zack. His mouth opened and closed twice, not able to vocalize anything over the shock he felt.
Did he just say he would leave the band so that Lea would be able to be herself?
He had to think about something, that would not drive Zack crazy.

"There is no way I would do anything that would make you wanna leave the band! There is no way that we would be the same without you. But...-"

his facial expression changed and he looked up into his friend's eyes

"- she has been teasing me so much recently, even if it wasn't premeditated! Damn, she even sent me the pics of that Playboy shoot weeks ago to ask if you'd like them. She is so innocent, yet she is pushing so many buttons, not even knowing she does so! One night Zack... give me one night with her!"

Zacky's jaw dropped when he heard Brian's words. Was he seriously asking for permission to fuck his girlfriend, fiance? But the look on Brian's face suggested that there was more.

"Come on. You gonna have her for the rest of your life man, and we are like brothers! You know I'd treat her good. just one or two hours with her, and if she doesn't want me, tough luck for me. But you fucked up man, and I know that you had a chick backstage the first night of the tour. And I didn't say anything, to no one. Give me this one night, and I will completely forget you fucked that chick...forever!"

Zacky's face turned pale. He had been flying high on cocaine that night, and he missed Lea, not knowing if he'd ever get her back, needing to be in a woman. Id Brian would ever let slip that he had fucked another woman, he'd be without Lea, that much was for sure! He clenched his fist around his bottle, teeth grinding. He stared up to Brian's face, that was carrying a smirk: he damn well knew that there was only one way Zack could reply to this immoral proposal and he savored the knowledge.

"I hate you Brian! You are using this in your favor, and you know fucking well I cannot let her know I fucked this groupie. What do you want?"

Brian sat more comfortable, his forearms leaning on the table.

"Let me fuck her, and I promise I will never touch her again or give her the looks I do now. I will be out of your private life."

Zacky inhaled deeply and buried his fingers in his raven hair.

"OK. But I can tell you right now, she won't do anything with you. She loves me, and she made clear enough, that she doesn't feel the same way you do. But alright, if you wanna take your chances, do it. I will not kick your ass if you do get anywhere, and will not let on, that I ever knew that anything happened. Are you happy now?"

Brian's hand patted Zack's shoulder across the small table, giving a sly smile.

"You let that be my worries, if she wants me or not. But your secret will be safe with me! I will try my luck before the wedding...just go out for a few hours, and I will give her some company...I have a good idea of how to make her willing."

He stood up and went back to his bunk, lying back down without another look at Zack.
Zack couldn't breath properly. He had just given Haner a free pass to make love to his fiance, and there was nothing he could do to take it back, without losing Lea completely.
Fuck!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
OK guys...I have changed my mind and there will be another 1 1/2 chapters before this story is ending...and before a sequel is going to follow.
I guess you all have a fair good idea what will happen???