Status: Finished

The Coming of Justice

Race Against Time

"Move out of the way! We need to get this one up to O.R. immediately! With how much blood he's already lost, there's no telling how much longer he'll live." A full medical team rushes Chris up to O.R. for immediate surgery.

While at the arena, Triple H and Bret are in Helmsley's office discussing some sort of plan for revenge against The Shield.

"Hunter, we don't know what the hell those guys are capable of next. I mean look, they beat the living hell out of Vince and it's pretty obvious they know about the attack that followed. As a matter of fact, you don't seem too interested in Chris' health." Bret is growing restless and has some sort of feeling that Triple H isn't in any hurry to do something. Hunter always has some sort of plan when it comes to getting revenge.

"Bret slow down! I have an idea and since when did you become so concerned with the well being with Chris Jericho, huh? I've heard you talking so much shit about him countless. So don't even try to come at me with that bullshit, you got that?!" Hunter fires back at Bret while looking him dead in the eyes. It even looks like these two are going to trade punches any minute.

Defensively, Bret fires words back and it's not long before other wrestlers are jumping in between the two. "We're on the same team here. Remember, it's us against them and remember what they did to Chris." Reminds Cody. "There shouldn't be any of this! It's almost as if they want us to turn against each other but we have to stick together and together, we can bring them down." In realization, Bret and Hunter shake hands. "Now let's go see how the rest of the guys are and go see if we can get some info on Chris." Hunter announces and everyone agrees.

"Is he stabilizing doctor? We need to hurry, we're losing him!" Exclaims the nurse watching Chris' blood pressure monitor as it continues to drop. The beeping sound speeds up as Chris continues to slip away. "We're losing him fast, doctor!" The nurse continues to exclaim. In an instant, the beeping begins to slow, showing signs of life returning to Chris. Thinking they have stabilized him, doctors begin to throw away their blood covered gloves when out of nowhere, Chris' blood pressure plummets. The rapid beeping turns in a single long beep, signaling the expiration of the patient.

"Immediate shock requested!" Yells one of the nurses. "Charging!" one of the nurses yells out in determination to bring Jericho back. "Clear!" She shouts as she applies a shock to jump start Jericho's heart. "Shock him again! C'mon, Chris! You can make it!" The surgeon says in panic to the nurse and Jericho. "Charging!" She shouts again. Precious seconds pass as the team race against time to save Chris. In what seems like slow motion, "Clear!" She shouts again as she shocks Chris again.

"Where are they?! Where are those bastards?! Why aren't they laying dead at my feet?!" Vince yells in a rage after refusing medical attention. "Why didn't you guys stop The Shield from making their getaway?! Nobody has any answers?! I bet if I said that I'd fire anyone who didn't give me an answer would certainly get everyone to talk!"

Natalya and Bret try to get Vince to calm down but he isn't hearing any of it. After all, nobody blames him for being so pissed for taking a three on one attack and a spear into a wall. Finally after some time and with everyone gathering around him, Vince simmers down so they can all go over some plan of retaliation.

"Bret will never understand that Justice will hunt him for the rest of his life" Says Ambrose as he hangs his left arm out the window. They pull their speeding cars even with one another as the continue down the freeway. They continue to yell back at one another as they often look ahead to avoid any slower vehicles.

"Jericho isn't going to make it through the night and it's all because of Bret's stupidity." Laughs Seth in a cynical manner. "Say boys, how's about we pay a little visit to Jericho while it's still visiting hours?" Says Seth with a devious smirk.

"CLEAR!" Shouts the assistant as she applies another shock to Jericho's heart. Tired but not wanting to give up, the surgeon calls for one last try...the adrenaline shot.
"He's gone, doc. It'l be no use administering the shot." Explains one of the nurses.

Frantically, the surgeon takes the adrenaline shot and sticks Jericho with it without hesitation. Time passes with no sign of life. With a hopeless look on their faces, the team begin to pull the sheet over Jericho when out of the corner of the blood pressure monitor nurse yells out, "Look! Doc, look! He's got a pulse! Blood pressure rising and stabilizing!" The team rushes to put on new gloves and return their N95 masks, pinching the metal nose clamp firmly against their noses. "Welcome back, Chris." Smiles the surgeon.

"Alright, team. We're not out of the woods yet. Exclaims the surgeon. "There's still work to do."

Oblivious to what is going on or where he is, Chris begins to fight to get off the table, "Settle down, Chris! Settle down!" says a nurse as he pins down Jericho's right arm from aiding Chris up off the table. "Get off me, get off me, you fuckers!" He continues to fight, "I have to get ready for my match with Nash!"

In an instant, Chris yells out in pain as his constant struggle has reopened an incision but luckily it's a small one and is easily sewn back up.

Triple H's phone begins to ring out of nowhere as he, Bret, Vince and Cena are crushing the speed limit to get to the hospital. He answers, "Hello."

The voice on the other end responds, "So, do you think he's going to make it through the night or is he already dead because of Bret?"

"Listen, whatever the hell you want, you got but I'll warn you right now! You lay a finger on him and you're dead, you hear me you son of a bitch!" Hunter hangs up then throws his phone to the center console of the car and in a rage, he slams on the gas.

In a concerned manner, Cena asks, "Hunter, what's wrong, buddy?" but Hunter says nothing as he glares ahead and grips the steering wheel tightly. Again Cena asks but this time with a firm voice, "HUNTER!?" Cena grabs the headrest of Hunter's seat to listen closely as Hunter reluctantly informs everyone, "The Shield...they beat us to the hospital and they said they're not alone."

"Who else can there be?" Asks Bret surprised.

"They said they're going to visit Chris and have an idea that Justice will as well." Hunter says in a hopeless voice. He turns to Bret and now has an angry look on his face, "I can't believe this is happening and it's because of you, Bret!" Bret still is in disbelief that this is all happening because of him.

Before anymore yelling can be done, Vince yells, "Look up ahead! What the hell happened to the hospital?!" Everyone in the cars has a terrified look on their face and a few of the divas have tears running down their cheeks.

Hunter slams the brakes and parks in what's left of the parking lot. Everyone jumps out to get a closer look at what remains of the hospital. "Who would do such a thing to a hospital and why?" asks Natalya in a very saddened voice as she begins to sob on her uncle's shoulder, he put his arm around her in a comforting manner.

Finally realizing what is going on, Bret looks down and in a sad voice, "It's all my fault all this has happened and I must deal with all of it, I'm sorry everyone and to Chris."
Hugging her uncle, "We'll get them."

"Well, well. Look who is too late to save everyone from Justice. Chris is alive but he's been taken somewhere you won't so easily find. Sneers Seth. Ambrose adds, "Bret, Bret. The bad luck continues for you. We told you the hunt will be forever and everyone will be erased if need be just to get to you."

Bret attempts to run at the trio but suddenly stops as he hears the eerie voice again, "Bret...let this be a reminder of what happens when you're hunted by Justice..." Bret turns his attention to The Shield as they once again make an escape, leaving everyone in a cloud of smoke and dust.

"Get in." A voice says, surprising Bret and everyone else. Bret hesitates and asks, "Who are you?" to the voice. "Doesn't matter right now, just get in. Bret cautiously climbs in the back.

"Everyone follow us, we have some place to take you, especially Bret." Before he can ask another question, he's cut off, "What is..." "No questions! Just sit tight." Instructs the voice.

The power window goes up, the doors lock and the vehicle drives off. Soon everyone one else is following closely.

"Hunter?" Asks Natalya. "Why does that voice sound so familiar?" Asks Hunter to himself as they motor down the empty freeway.
♠ ♠ ♠
More updates will follow. All feedback is welcomed.