Victory Is the Only Thing That Can Keep You Alive

My True Feelings

'I wanted you to be happy. I just didn't realise how much it hurt me until I saw you again'
His words lingered through my mind as I laid on the couch trying to sooth this headache of mine.

He said he was sorry, apologising for what he had done and I knew he was being genuine. I could even say he sounded a worried about me when I told him I had to go just so I could sleep.

After talking to Adam I was feeling a lot more guilty. I wasn't confused anymore but it made me realise how much he really cared for me. Enough that he was willing to put my happiness in front of his. I guess I would be forever in his debt.

"Cam, are you going to be fine if I go?" Megan asked standing in the dining room as I wandered around the kitchen, "if you want me to stay I can but I think I heard Geno's car."
"Yeah I will be fine. I think I am going to have a nap soon. I can feel a headache beginning again."
"Ok if you need anything just get Geno to call me."
"Ok."
"Take care."

I heard her and Geno at the door saying hello.
"She's fine you don't need to worry, everything is sorted out."
"She ok with Adam?" Geno sounded genuinely concerned about that.
"Everything's fine, except her headache but she just needs to rest."

"Cameron?" I heard his voice directed at me from the foyer.
"In the kitchen."
"You ok now?" He asked standing in the walkway.
"Yeah," I nodded, "everything's fine."
"Good, not like to see you upset," he offered a small smile.

"Geno," I said with a rather curious tone as he searched for something in the fridge.
"Yeah?"
"There's something I want to say and you don't have to say it back if you don't want to but..." I climbed down from the stool I was sitting on and moved over to him reaching up to readjust his shirt collar for something to do, "I just want you to know how I really feel about you. What happened with Adam I don't want to happen with us and I have honestly been scared I am going to stuff it up... I love you."
"Love me?" He raised his eyebrows like he didn't believe what I was saying, "really?" his expression turned into smile, but I wasn't seeing the funny side to this.
"Yes really."
"You love me?" He pointed to himself still smiling knowing he would be ruining a moment of seriousness for me.
"Yes."
"You sure?" He pressed his smile growing wider.
"You know maybe I don't," I was about to get emotional on him if he didn't quit it shortly. Downside to my concussion.
"No Cam," he grabbed me around the waist as I turned around to get out of there, "I love you too," he rested his chin on my shoulder and pressed our cheeks together.
"Don't just say it because I said it," I straightened up and turned around to look at him seriously, "I don't want that."
"No, mean it Cam. Love you," he cupped my face and made me look at him so I knew he was telling the truth.

I lent up my tip toes and wrapped my arms around his neck to get closer to him to kiss him good and hard.

I pulled back to get some air but I was already feeling dizzy and he had to hold me up.
"Headache?" He asked setting his strong hands on my waist to hold me there.
"Yeah it's too bright out here. I think I should go to go to bed."
"Yes, sleep more, less worry. Get better quicker," he scooped me up and on any other given day I would have fought him about it but I was far too tired and I let him carry me to bed without an issue.

"Want you get better soon Cam, not like seeing you like this," he frowned tucking a loose strand of hair out of my face.
"I will be fine. I just need to rest."
"Yes so you stay in bed I look after you."
"Ok," I sighed, "but only if you come and nap for a while. It's hard to sleep without you here," I admitted.
"Ok. But I have shower first, not smell good," he whispered.

Telling Geno how I really felt about him, deep down inside me, my true feelings was tough. I know I had to be completely honest with him though. If I was going to make this work I had to try, I had put every effort into making it so. I knew it would be easier said than done, especially since we were still hiding it from the world but so far everything had been ok.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so the plan I had for this story has taken a minor detour with the Adam scenario and I am pretty sure I can get it back in track shortly I just need time to think properly about it. Still I hope you guys are enjoying it and stick with me on this.