Victory Is the Only Thing That Can Keep You Alive

Can We Just Be Happy Now?

“You look good on ice,” Geno spoke up from across the booth as we settled in to eat the lunch he had promised me.
“I am feeling a lot better,” I agreed taking a bit of my chicken.
“Good, not like when you sad.”
“Yeah well I don't exactly like being sad, especially hockey. It's about the only constant thing in my life.”
“Not say that,” he frowned at me and put down his fork to reach across the table and grab my hand, “not only thing, me too.”
I closed my eyes and smiled to myself before looking back at him, “thanks.”

I guess I underestimated Geno a lot more than I should have. I guess a small part of me still didn't really believe we were together and in the back of my mind I always thought that he would run off with the next girl possible. I knew I would have to learn to give him the benefit of the doubt but it was hard.

I pulled my hand away from his as neighbouring eyes began to linger our way. He looked hurt by what I had done, his brown eyes looking back so helplessly and I didn't know what to do. I wanted to not care if the whole world knew about us but at the same time I didn't think it would do our careers any favours. The least I could right was offer him a smile and tangle our feet together under the table.

“Dan said if I do good at training tomorrow I could be back in the line up for Friday night,” I spoke up wanting to change the subject.
“Good, line need you,” he stated rather emotionless.

I sat up straight with a sigh and pushed my plate away from me, I hated when this topic came up and took over. Geno seemed to have more of an issue about it than me but there wasn't much we could do. If they found out about us they would want us to end it and I couldn't do that, so it was just easier to hide.

“Can we not do this right now?” I asked trying to look at his eyes hiding under the brim of his hat.
“Not know why you so worried,” he grumbled.
“Geno, you know why.”
“So?” he shrugged picking at the food on his plate.
“So lets not talk about it, I am sure we have better things to do,” I grabbed the brim of his hat and yanked it off his head as I stood up, “now if you want this back you can shut up about this whole thing and we can go back to mine,” I gave him no other real option and began to walk out of the diner and to my car.

The look on Geno's face when he finally pulled into the driveway of my place was a mix between annoyed and angry all while trying to not let the smile on his face show completely.

“What?” I smirked as he backed me up against the front door.
“Not fair Cam,” he snatched his hat back and put it back on his head with a purpose, “shouldn't steal.”
“It was the only way I could get you to shut up,” I shrugged turning around to unlock the door and step inside.
“Not only way,” he followed me in.
“With you, yeah it is,” I was trying to get a rise out of him and I knew it was working.

“I not know why you worried about people knowing,” his voice quietened as he stood in the middle of my lounge room like a lost little boy.
“I don't know why you are for them knowing, I don't see how it is any of there business,” I explained closing the gap between us because I couldn't stand seeing him with that look on his face.
“I know I just think....”

I had to stop him there and then and a kiss on his lips were the only way to do so.
“Just stop thinking,” I cupped his face letting my thumbs slide back and forth across his cheeks, “I hate fighting with you especially over this so can we just not right now?”
“Ok,” his hands came to rest on my waist, “we celebrate you getting better then,” he smiled with his suggestive eyes.
“That sounds like fun,” I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him back to my lips again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Hope you all had a great Christmas and an awesome new year, I know I did XD Sorry I have been M.I.A here for a while but I have been for lack of better words, busy. Hopefully I will have some more free time to write though before I go back to Uni. Enjoy!