You Had My Heart At Least for the Most Part

Part 13

“Hello?” I asked as I answered my phone. It was Claire.

“Hey Zach.” I could hear a smile in her voice.

Why am I talking to her again, you ask? Well she came to one of our local shows in Orange County and we met up after wards for a drink. I told her my phone was broken and I got a new one. I had to lie since I started to have feelings for her again. I’m messed up, I know. I’ve been playing two girls for the past couple months. It wasn’t fair. But now I’m really stuck. It’s between Vanessa and Claire.

“Hey.” I smiled as I pulled on my jacket.

“Do you want to go out to dinner on the tenth? I know you‘re busy this week.” She asked hopefully.

“Sure.” I said with a smile. “That’ll be great.” I couldn’t wait to see her again. I’m surprised she actually forgave me. I’ve been lucky these past few days.

“Alright. I’ll see you then. Bye.” She hung up.

I tossed my phone in my bunk and I got ready for the show we were playing tonight. That night, I had a few beers. Vanessa called my phone and we were talking for hours. “We should go out to dinner.” She told me as I laid down in my bunk tiredly.

“Yeah. I don’t know when I’m off though.” I hiccuped.

“Check your calendar.” She laughed.

I got up and flipped through the calendar to find today’s date. I looked around and saw the 10th was open. “The tenth sound okay?”

“Yeah, sure.” She smiled. “Well I’ll let you go to bed. I’ll talk to you soon. Bye.” We both hung up and I fell asleep right after.

“Where are you going?” Jimmy asked as I pulled on my black jacket and put my wallet in my pocket.

“On a date with Claire.” I smiled.

“God. First it’s Vanessa. Then Claire. Then Vanessa. Now Claire. Who are you going to pick, man?” He laughed.

“I’m not picking yet.” I laughed and ruffled my hair a little. “I like them both and I’m just taking my time.”

He laughed and shook his head. “I like both of them. Vanessa is a slut though.”

“No she’s not.” I turned to him defensively. “She changed.”

“Okay.” He held up his hands. “Sorry, I didn’t know that. But be careful man.”

“She’s not.” I muttered to myself as I walked off the bus to my car in the lot.

I arrived at the diner and saw Claire sitting at a table waiting. “Hey.” She smiled and got up as I walked over. I kissed her cheek once we pulled away from a hug and sat down across from her.

“It’s nice to see you.” I smiled once we ordered our drinks.

“It’s been a while.” She laughed. “How have things been?”

“Pretty good. Matt and Tara got married last week and this week we’re opening straight up for Iron Maiden.” I laughed.

“That’s great!” She smiled. “But I’ve heard horror stories about opening for them.” She sipped her water.

“Oh I know.” I laughed. “Bottles of piss being thrown at you during your set.” He sighed and shook his head. “But I think we can handle it.”

“You guys should be able to.” She smiled.

As we were talking, the bell above the door rang. On instinct I looked over and saw Vanessa walk in. My heart sank. Fuck, I forgot that I had a date with her too! Jesus Christ I’m an idiot! I didn’t know that I set the dates up on the same day. Holy shit. What am I going to do? Damn it!

“Zacky?” Claire asked faintly since I didn’t respond to her question. She turned in her seat and saw Vanessa looking around. “What’s she doing here?”

“Um.” I was starting to sweat. I was so nervous and I had no idea what to say or do. I couldn’t lie about it.

Vanessa caught my eye and started to walk over smiling. Her smile soon faded when she saw Claire sitting at the same table. “What’s she doing here?” Vanessa asked as politely as possible.

“I just asked him the same thing.” Claire crossed her arms and looked at me.

They were both pissed. They hated each other and now they were at the same place with me. Fuck. “I, um,” I said nervously, loosening the collar on my shirt. “Well I forgot that I had something to do with Claire today when you and I were talking.” I told Vanessa.

“Why didn’t you tell her you were with me?” Claire posed.

“I forgot. And I had a little bit to drink. I wasn’t thinking straight.”

“So you’ve been seeing her this whole time?” Claire pointed to Vanessa in disgust.

“No! Well, yeah I have.” I sighed.

“You told me that you weren’t talking to her! You said you were ignoring her cause you lost interest!” Vanessa sneered.

“What?!” Claire stood up from her chair and looked from Vanessa to me. “You lied to me?!”

“No! I didn’t lie to you! I just. I didn’t know what to do. I like both of you and I didn’t know who to pick!”

“Who said you had to pick?” Vanessa raised her eye brow.

“No one.” I sighed. “I just.” I stopped talking. I had no idea what to say and I kept stumbling over every word that came out of my mouth. Nothing I could say would calm them down. They were both pissed.

“I can’t do this,” I said aloud and walked out of the diner. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and made my way to my car. “God damn it!” I cursed smacking the hood. This would happen to me. Of course.

“He’s such a scum bag!” Vanessa said angrily as she sat down at the table.

“I know.” Claire sighed and sat back down too. “He’s such an ass to set up two dates with two different girls on the same day.”

“At the same time.” Vanessa scoffed and looked away shaking her head. “He told me he wasn’t even talking to you.”

“He told me his phone broke.” She looked at Vanessa.

“What a liar!” Vanessa rolled her eyes. “He said that he didn’t want to make things harder on himself by having two girls in his life. He started talking to me more and we’ve been friends for a while.”

“Why would he do that? Why can’t he just be our friend? He doesn’t have to pick one of us. He’s acting like he needs to have a girlfriend.” Claire rolled her eyes angrily.

“You know what we should do?” Vanessa smirked after a long pause.

“What?” Claire sighed and looked at her.

“We should get revenge.”

Claire smirked. “We’ll get him so good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or no more updates.