You Had My Heart At Least for the Most Part

Part 3

“Hey Zach,” Brian called as I walked towards the bus.

I turned around and saw him walking towards me. “Yeah?”

“Vanessa might be stopping by tonight. But I am going to be at Chloe’s.” He smirked. “I met her last night at that club we went to.”

“What are you going to do about Vanessa?” I sighed, looking at him disgusted. “She really likes you.” The words hurt.

Brian just shrugged. “I can’t help it.”

“Are you just going to keep her around so you can fuck her?” I asked a little too harshly.

“Whoa. Why do you even care, Zach?” Brian asked confused.

“Nothing.” I rolled my eyes. “I’ll tell Vanessa you are at your parents.” Another lie I had to tell her. One of these days she would find out the truth. Not only Brian would be in trouble, but I would too.

Brian left a little while later, not confronting me again about the situation. It was about six o’clock and I was sitting on the couch watching Rocky Horror Picture Show, sipping my beer. All the guys were either with their girlfriends or out with their parents. My parents were out of town and I sort of lacked a girlfriend. Sighing, I tried to shake off my thoughts of Vanessa. I really need to forget her. She is Brian’s. Not mine.

Just then there was a knock at the bus door. I took the last sip of my beer and walked over to the door. I opened it and saw her standing in front of me wearing black jeans, a purple tank top with her beautiful brown hair falling over her shoulders. “Hi.” she smiled sweetly.

“Hey.” I stood aside to let her walk on.

“How are you?” She asked as she shut the door behind herself.

“Bored,” I laughed, “you?”

“Same.” She giggled. “I came to see if Brian wanted to go to a movie with me. 300 is coming out today. I know he likes movies like that, so I thought I would ask him.” Vanessa said looking at another napkin with a girls name and number written on it.

“Oh, well Brian’s at his parents,” I lied.

“Oh, he is?” She sighed. “It has been almost a week since I last talked to him.” she made her way to the couch and sat down in front of me. “He isn’t mad at me, is he?” Her eyes were sad, and her lips formed a hard line.

“No.” I shook my head. He’s just sleeping with a bunch of other girls. I bit my tongue. “He has been busy.”

She shrugged her shoulders and looked around. “Where is everyone else?”

“They all went out to dinner with their girlfriends or went to their parents,” I told her.

“Why aren’t you out with your girlfriend or at your parents?” She laughed.

“Well, my parents are out of town and I don’t have one.” As I told her this, her eyes sort of widened and her mouth fell open a little.

“Zacky Vengeance doesn’t have a girlfriend?” She laughed.

“Nope.” I laughed a little then grabbed a beer for her and I out of the fridge.

“How come?” She asked as she took the beer and opened it.

I shrugged. “Don’t know.”

“Oh come on. You have to at least like someone.” She giggled then sipped her beer.

“I do.” I nodded. I was not going to lie to her about that at least.

“Who?” She crossed her legs and leaned towards me.

“You don’t know her.”

“I might. If I do I can help you and her hook up.” She smirked. “Just tell me.”

“Nah.” I laughed and shook my head.

“Zacky,” she whined, “tell me!”

“No!” I laughed and sipped my drink.

“Do you not trust me?” She raised an eyebrow.

“I do.” I nodded.

“Then tell me!” She laughed.

“No! I’m not telling you!”

“Fine,” she huffed and laughed.

I laughed with her and looked down at the ground, happy I got to spend some time with her. But what she asked next I was not prepared for. “Want to go to the movie with me?”

“What?” I looked up at her.

“Want to go see 300 with me?” She smiled. “I am sure Brian won’t be home soon, and the movie starts soon. I am definitely not going alone.” she laughed.

“Sure.” I smiled.

“Hurry and get ready.” She smiled and stood up.

“Alright.” I laughed and pulled on my jacket then grabbed some money.

We got to the movie and I paid for the both of us, also buying some milk duds and a coke for Vanessa since they were her favorite snacks for a movie. We walked inside the theater and saw it was packed. Vanessa and I made our way to the front and sat directly in the middle. The movie started and already I was blown away.

About halfway into the movie I noticed she was leaning against my shoulder, slowly finishing the box of candy. I smiled to myself, debating on if I should put my arm around her or if I should keep my arm glued to my side. Soon I found my arm moving away from my body, and over Vanessa’s shoulder. She snuggled closer to me, which made me extremely happy. I smiled and squeezed her gently. Finally she was in my arms, one way or another.

The movie ended and Vanessa jumped up. “That was amazing!”

“It was.” I laughed and grabbed our trash.

“Did you see that part where he jumped up and killed that guy?!” She exclaimed jumping to her feet, trying to act it out.

“Yes.” I laughed and pushed her towards the door. “Lets get out before we get kicked out.” I noticed everyone was gone.

We disposed of our trash then made our way to the door. “Wait!” She stopped me.

“What?” I laughed and stumbled back as she tugged on my arm.

“Lets do this!” She smiled standing next to the photo booth.

“Uh uh.” I shook my head in disapproval. “I do not do photos.”

She put her hand on her hip and turned to me with a ‘you-must-be-out-of-your-mind’ look on her face. “You are a famous musician who gets their picture taken everywhere they go even if it is unexpected, but you will not take a few pictures with me in this lovely photo booth?”

“Nope.” I laughed and shook my head.

“Come on!” She grabbed my hand. Vanessa pulled me into the photo booth, almost making me fall on top of her.

“Vanessa!” I laughed and sat down next to her in the tiny seat.

“Shut up.” She laughed putting in three dollars. “Which one?”

“I don’t know.” I laughed looking at all the choices for the rim of the pictures. “Do I really have to do this?”

“Yes! Now stop complaining!” she hit the yellow button with the black arrow. She hit the enter button once the I Love You was highlighted on the screen. “Ha.” She stuck her tongue out at me.

I rolled my eyes, actually really happy about her choice. Being with her was so much fun and I really enjoyed it. She was everything I have always wanted in a girl. A chick who likes action movies, one who can have a good time, and one who was always laughing. Vanessa was all of that.

“Okay. Kiss my cheek.” She smiled as the two of us appeared on the screen.

“What?” I gulped.

“Kiss my cheek!” She laughed and tilted her head away from me so I could kiss her cheek.

“What about Brian-”

“Do it!” She laughed and pulled me to her by my shirt.

I laughed against her skin as I pressed my lips to her soft, red cheeks. My hands were shaking, as were my lips. Vanessa smiled goofily and it took the picture. “Now switch.” she laughed and turned my head. She kissed my cheek and the picture took.

We took two goofy pictures and one where she was all up in the camera. I laughed and waited with her on the side of the machine to get the pictures I was waiting to see. We got the pictures and spit it down the middle so each of us got a set. We walked back to my car and went to the bus.

“That was so much fun.” She laughed pushing herself up on the counter.

“It was.” I smiled and leaned next to her.

“I am glad you went with me,” she admitted.

I looked up at her and saw her smiling sweetly down at me. “Me too.” My eyes fell from her eyes to her lips. Hers did the same. My hands started to shake again as I saw her lips part. They were so pink and so soft. I wanted to feel them against mine. But I could not do that to Brian. But what Brian does not know will not hurt him.

I slowly started to lean towards her, and she leaned towards me also. Our breathing started to pick up as we got closer and closer. My lips were hungry for hers. I needed to feel them. Brian was the last thing on my mind. My heart started to pound in my chest as I felt her hot breath against my lips.

We both jumped apart when we heard a bang against the door of the bus. “Brian!” someone giggled. It was a girl. Fuck.