Status: Sterek! Chaptered, because I cannot leave things as a one-shot. That's how terrible of a writer I am. Also I don't own anything - besides the plot - and the title is Marianas Trench 'Stutter' <--- main inspiration for this story (don't own that either).

Stutter

What Do You Know?

Scott and I took more than a few moments to realise that Derek was even here. Sure Derek and I had shared a look, but I was still not quite taking in that he was here. "Speaking of the sun and it starts raining." I commented and gave Derek a look that asked him exactly what the hell he was doing here. It was not like it would seem natural that Derek was here of all places. And I had not told Scott that Derek had a little habit of showing up. so I was not about to pretend like it was nothing new that he was here. Luckily, Derek had the same idea as I did.

He gave both of us a small glare before he raised a brow and sighed a little. He rubbed his forehead for a second, leaning slightly on one foot. "When you two nut heads are done asking stupid questions and listen I might answer one or two of your concerns." He commented and gave both of us looks that told us to shut up. Scott didn't budge that easily though. "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked Derek who only gave him a glare. "He's following you." I whispered loudly to Scott, making sure that Derek heard me loud and clear. I had an idea that the chances of him following Scott were one in a million to Derek following me which was 99% to a million.

This was one of those times where I wished that Scott was not here right now. He knew that he could not tell Scott to leave, without telling him why and without telling Derek to leave as well. But the way Derek would sneak a glance at me without Scott noticing because of the ever lasting suspicious looks from Derek. I myself kept my eyes on Derek, from time to time wavering to Scott to see which one of them was going to say something first. None of them said anything. So I chose to say something first.

"Okay... girls... when you're done eyeing each other, get a room and connect with your animal instincts." I teased in a sarcastic manner. If anyone needed a room it would be Derek and I, if he still wanted to come around for research after that comment. I gave both of them an innocent look, and got glares from both of them. "Or you could take my room." I commented and took a few steps back towards the door. Derek's eyes shot to me and his eyes bore into me. "You're not going anywhere." He gave me a daring look and I had to swallow once, a forced smile twitching at the corner of my mouth. Not a willing smile. Only to hide my slight nerves from the others.

Scott sighed a little and turned to Derek, ignoring my words completely. "Derek... are we getting anywehere on the alpha at all?!" He asked, sounding immensely more tired of the situation that I was. I mean, sure I was sick of looking for one straw of grass in a field, but I was not complaining. Not since Derek decided to 'attack' me. If i had to be honest that was probably the only reason I was not complaining to Scott about Derek showing up at my place and glaring at my neck without giving me a hint of what I was looking for. "If I knew, do you think I'd be standing here looking at an ignorant beta and his stupid human friend?" Derek asked, again with that daring look on his face. It was a lot more intimidating when he meant it, but that didn't stop my tongue. "If Scott's an ignorant beta and I'm stupid... doesn't that qualify you as an insane maniac on a killing spree preying on teens to do his dirty work?"

I had a feeling I had probably crossed a line or two with that comment. But who could stop me? I had always been told by my mother when she was still alive to always ask if I had a question that I found relevant. Not that this was very relevant, but I didn't care and Derek had insulted my best friend. Scott would have snapped back anyway. I was not sure for what I had aimed for, but I got one of Derek's death glares that had me actually take a step back and hold up my hands in defence. "It was just a joke." I tried, probably pushing my luck.

Instead of saying anything to me, Derek turned to Scott with a hard look. "Why don't you take that call, McCall?" He almost sneered at Scott. I frowned a little, not sure of what the other was talking about. I had not heard the vibrate of Scott's phone go off in his pocket before Scott pulled it out and took the call. I gave Derek and impressed look and then turned back to Scott, crossing my arms for a moment. It did not take rocket science to know who needed his attention right now. That was right. Allison. Always Allison these days. While Scott was on the phone I stole a few glances at Derek. Different from when Scott had been aware of the two of us.

Derek only gave me glares in return, but I had kind of expected that. There was nothing between us. Both of us had more or less agreed to that. And... He was one hell of a grumpy dog most of the time anyway. So I thought nothing of it, and I was fast to jump out of the situation as Scott hung up with a small sigh. "What?" I asked like the nosey person I was. If Scott had punched me I would not have been surprised. At all. Scott nodded and looked to me. "Sorry, I've got to run. Text me if you find out anything." Then he turned to Derek. "And you don't leave before you give him a hand. I'm not in the mood to run from a huge ass beast again." He commented seriously before he was out the door... uhm... window and left Derek and I alone in the room.

Silence fell between the two of us as we stood there, both feeling a little awkward from that conversation. I took a moment, looking at the door where Scott had disappeared through. Then I tured to Derek with a sarcastic smile "Well that was... mmm... interesting, don't you think?" He looked at Derek. He did not look very thrilled with the situation at all. He looked more like he was about to strangle someone now that I took an extra look. "Okaay... a no it is.." I commented more to myself, turning my head away from the other male, brows raised in a daring expression of slight annoyance, but tease as well. Derek would want to end me sooner rather than later.

I let my brows fall back down again and sighed a little. I turned towards my desk only to come face to face with the remaining wolf in my room. I looked up at him. "So... is this where you slam your rip face off with your teeth or slam me against a wall and bite something else?" I asked in the sarcastic way that was my trademark attitude whenever I found myself in a tight spot. That Derek did not answer, made me a little insecure in whether that was a good or a bad thing. I guess my back being smacked into a wall should be answer enough. Not quite a wall though. Derek managed to slam me into the bookshelf on the right side of my door. I cringed a little at the pain shooting through my back, and I swore that it sounded like Derek growled. He looked far from satisfied, but when didn't he look annoyed or angry?

I jumped at the sound of the door to my room opening and the voice of someone who should have left drifted to my ears. "Hey, Stiles... I was wondering if you... could... What the hell're you doing Derek?!" Scott that idiot had not left like he said he would. I glanced over at my best friend. "Hey Scott. In a bit of a tight spot but go on... I can listen and I'm sure Derek can wait with planting a fist in my face." I offered the older werewolf questioning look, feeling the grip Derek had in me loosening. I took a deep breath, mentally cursing Scott for forgetting the use of a phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter! I know I'm late but... meh.. I'm working on the other Sterek if that is any consolation! Love you all and see yu back next week!