Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Eleven

-Kris-
“WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING YOU STUPID REF?!!!” I watched as Maggie yelled at the TV as we all watched the New England Patriots and Detroit Lions Thanksgiving Day football game.
Some of the guys found her more entertaining than the football game, me being one of those people. Sidney and Geno were sitting on one side of her while Jordan was on the other, I was sitting on the top part of the couch, behind Maggie, Tyler was sitting next to me, doing the same thing.

There were so many people here, I think I counted about twenty people. At least everyone had a beer in their hands and were either watching Maggie or the refs make a bad call against the Patriots.

“KEEP THE GOD DAMN FLAG IN YOUR POCKET YOU COCK SUCKING MOTHER FUCKER!!!” Maggie yelled and some of the guys laughed, Pascal saying that he was happy that his wife and kids were upstairs.

“I told you that she was bad,” Mike said and I smirked.

Tom Brady passed the ball and someone from the Lions intercepted it, ‘…Oh boy…’

“BRADY!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!!!” we were surprised to hear that it was Maggie and Mike’s dad who yelled that one.

“YOU’RE SUPPOSE TO THROW IT TO YOUR TEAMMATES, DUMBASS!!!” Maggie yelled and I smirked. The Lion who caught the ball was running down the field, he was about to get a touchdown and Maggie, Mike and their dad were going nuts, “STOP HIM, STOP HIM, STOP HIM!!!!” Touchdown, “Or don’t stop him, whatever.”

“You are seriously WAY into this game,” I heard and turned to see a girl that looked to be Maggie’s age.

“Hey girl,” Maggie said and the girl walked over towards Maggie and then plopped on her lap, yeah, the guys and I were a little surprised, well except for Mike and their dad.

“Guys, this is my best friend, Emma, Emma, meet the guys,” Maggie said and Emma looked around the room and smiled.

“Cute,” she said and Maggie laughed, “I can hear your big mouth from all the way upstairs, you’re lucky your mom’s got the kids busy outside, they’d be scared for life.”

“Sorry,” she laughed, “You know me.”

“I blame you Mr. Marshall,” Emma teased.

“Emma, I’m hurt,” Mr. Marshall said and I smirked.

‘…They’re all really close…’ I thought and then noticed that Emma stood up and Maggie leaned back because it was the start of half time. When she leaned back against my legs, she leaned her head back and smiled towards me, I smirked back towards her.

“Where’s Nicky?” Mike asked and Maggie smirked.

“Shopping,” she said and everyone looked at her confused, “He decided to eat all my junk food- No one touches my secret stash.”

“You shouldn’t keep it in the same place that you’ve always kept it,” Mike said and the guys chuckled.

“Where’s that at?” Sidney asked.

“She’s always, even as a kid, kept her secret stash of junk food in a plastic bin behind the cleaning supplies,” her dad answered and the guys laughed.

“Shut up,” Maggie muttered and Jordan pulled Maggie into his side and rubbed her hair, “He should be back soon.”

“Where’d you send him?”

“The Sunshine market,” she answered and we looked at her confused and Mike looked at her surprised.

“Maggie! That’s mean!” Mike yelled and Maggie laughed.

“What?”

“The Sunshine market is only found in Texas-“

“Not true,” Maggie said, cutting off her father, “There was one right outside of Pittsburgh, but it closed a few years ago. The address still says its Sunshine market,” she said and some guys laughed and shook their heads.

“You’re evil,” Jordan said and Maggie smirked and shrugged her shoulders.

-Maggie-
I was in the garage grabbing another beer, Half Time was almost over and I wanted to watch the last of the game before mom had the food ready. That was our tradition, mom would cook while we watched the football game and all of the food would be ready.

I popped the cap off of the bottle then threw it away, took a swig of the beer and turned around to be met by Kris walking into the room and smirked towards me. He closed the garage door and then looked through the window to see if anyone was there. Kris smirked and then walked over towards me, placed his hands on my waist and then pulled me into him.

“Hi,” I smirked and put my beer down and placed my hands on his shoulders.

“Hi,” he said and then rubbed my hips with his thumbs, “Are you having fun?”

“Yeah, I’m glad that everyone’s here,” I said and then moved my hands to his chest, “I’m glad that you’re here.”

Kris leaned in and pressed his lips onto mine, I pressed my body against his and then moved my hands to his neck and then wrapped my arms around his neck. Kris pushed me against the wall and I groaned when he rubbed my thighs.

“Oh, sorry- What?!” Kris and I pulled apart to see Emma in the doorway, “Mags! What-“

“Emma, don’t scream!” I said and Emma smiled and looked between Kris and I.

“Oh this is so exciting! You and Kris are a thing?” Emma asked and I blushed and hid my face in Kris’ neck.

“We’re trying,” Kris said and I looked towards Emma and smiled.

“Is this a secret?” Emma asked and Kris and I nodded our heads, she looked towards the door and back towards us, “Captain Canada is coming.”

Kris and I broke apart and I grabbed my beer and leaned against the wall while Kris walked over towards the cooler and pulled out a bottle just in time for Sidney to walk into the garage.

“Hey guys,” Sidney said and I smiled towards him.

“Hey Cap, enjoying yourself?” I asked and Sidney smirked and nodded his head, throwing his empty beer bottle away and grabbing another one.

“Yeah, Mikey was right, you are entertaining to watch,” Sidney said and I scoffed and shoved him a little, “I’m playing,” he said and I laughed and wrapped an arm around his shoulder, “Mario’s here.”

“Really?” Kris asked and Sidney nodded his head.

“Coach too. I didn’t realize that you invited them,” Sidney said and I nodded my head.

“After Mike opened it to the team, I just invited everyone,” I said and Sidney smirked, “Pretty sure mom made enough food.”

“Yeah, I saw the spread,” Emma said and walked over, “I’m gunna be having a food coma.”

“More like a food baby,” I laughed and Kris and Sidney smirked.

“Hey! What’s the party doing in here? Game’s about to start,” I heard and saw Max walking into the room.

“And that’s my signal to leave,” I said and the guys laugh, “Gotta make sure that Brady’s doing his job!”

I headed out of the garage, through the house, down the stairs to the basement, whether just about all the guys were to see my dad talking with Mario.

“Ah, there’s my girl!” I heard and I smiled and walked over towards my dad and smiled towards Mario.

“Maggie,” Mario smiled towards me.

“Hi Mario, Cap told me you were her, Coach too,” I said and Mario nodded his head.

“I heard you stole my Thanksgiving feast,” Mario teased and I blushed and shrugged my shoulder.

“Sorry.”

“It’s all right, it’s nice, everyone’s enjoying themselves,” Mario said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Yo Mags! Come on! The game’s comin’ back on!” Mike yelled and I smiled towards Mario and then was about to leave when I turned back towards Mario.

“I’m sorry, if you never want to come back her after this,” I said and Mario looked at me confused, but I was about to let him find out for himself after I heard my dad tell him that we were big Patriot fans.

I jumped over the couch and landed next to Geno, throwing my legs onto his lap and turning my eyes to the screen.

The third quarter started back up and Detroit had the ball, the guys started to come back down again and making their way to their seats. I sat sideways on the couch, my legs on Geno’s lap and his arms draped over my jean covered legs. Kris came back into the room and took his seat behind me, sitting on top of the couch and I leaned against his legs. Detroit fumbled the ball and one of the Patriot defenseman dove for it and got the ball, I cheered and then high fived Mike’s hand. I took a swig of my beer and then watched the TV again, the teams were on the field, Brady had the ball. The Patriots made a play, a few seconds into the play a whistle was called and a flag was thrown.

“WHAT WAS THE FLAG FOR?!!! WHAT WA THE FUCKIN’ FLAG FOR!!!” I yelled and then watched as the ref picked up the flag and huddled with the other refs.

“I didn’t see anything,” Max said and I shook my head.

“Because there wasn’t anything to call against us,” I heard and turned my head to see Nick standing behind me.

“Hey Nicky.”

“You sent me on a fuckin’ goose chase you know that?!” he growled and I laughed and nodded my head, “You’ll just have to suffer with what I got you!”

“All right,” I said and he sighed, “You missed half the ga- YEAH THAT’S RIGHT FUCKIN’ REF!!! YOU PUT THAT FLAG BACK IN YOUR POCKET!!! Dumbass!”

“Wow,” I heard Mario say and I smirked.

“Nick, meet the guys, guys, meet our little brother, Nicky,” I introduced, not really trying. Everyone said hi and I watched as Nick took a seat in front of me and grabbed my beer and took a swig of it, making me hit him on top of the head.

“OW!”

“You want me to punch you?” I asked and he shook his head, “You’re underage!”

“Come on! It’s the holidays!”

“Piss off, you’re underage!” I barked and Nick growled at me.

“So you’re telling me that you and Mikey never had a drink before you were twenty-one?” Nick asked and I was about to say no, but we’d all know that would be a lie.

I sighed and I heard Geno and Kris chuckle, “Go get your own.”

“That’s what I thought,” Nick said and stood up and I called him back and punched him in the side, “Ow!”

“Yeah, shut up!” I growled and he smirked ran up the stairs, “Dumbass,” I muttered while smirking and shaking my head.

“You’re a horrible sister,” Mike said and I laughed.

“You would have let him too,” I said and Mike scoffed.

“I would have made me get one while he was up there,” Mike said and we all rolled our eyes.

“Someone slap him for me.”