Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Twelve

“Yes!” I cheered as I broke the tie after my goal. I scored the second goal for the Penguins with Alex Goligoski and Tyler Kennedy assisting.

Derek Engelland, Chris Conner, Tyler and Alex skated over towards me and hugged me, cheering for the goal. When we pulled apart I skated over towards the bench and pounded fists with everyone. Coach told me to go another shift and I nodded my head, feeling good about this game.

It was five minutes into the third period when I got the goal, the boys skated off the ice and I watched as Sidney, Geno, Kris and Mike skated on. We were finally up by one against Ottawa, but we would like to be up by more.

Three minutes later, we were so close to scoring again when the ref blew the whistle and called Geno for hooking against Jesse Winchester. I growled at the fact that Ottawa was going to be on a powerplay now and looked towards Sidney, knowing that this was our weakest time and that we needed to keep the opposing team away from Fleury.

During our little break, I skated behind Ottawa’s net and managed to see where my parent’s, Nick and Emma were sitting. I couldn’t get them glass seats, but they were about four rows up from the glass surrounded by Penguin fans. My mom and Emma were wearing my jersey while my Dad and Nick were wearing Mike’s, I smiled, knowing they wouldn’t be able to see it, and skated over towards the face off. I took a deep breath and waited for the puck to drop.

By the end of the game, the horn sounded and we celebrated our win. We all crowded around Fleury to congratulate him on a good job and then headed back into the locker room. When I got back to the locker room, I was attacked by reporter before I got through the doors. They wanted me to talk about my winning goal. It took longer than I thought it would, but I finally got away from them and walked into the locker room to see them following me and then heading over towards Sidney to see what he thought about the game.

“Nice goal,” I heard and saw a smirking Kris.

“Thanks,” I smiled and started to take my gear off.

I headed towards the showers, did what I needed to do. Jordan had won the bet tonight and was in charge of the music so when I was in the showers, I felt like I was in a club from the music that was blasting. I laughed when I heard some of the guys trying to rap to the songs as I was changing into the dress that I wore to the arena. Mike and I had plans after the game to go out to dinner with our family and Emma.

When I finished changing, I walked back into the locker room and to my locker to do my hair and makeup. Most of the guys were finished and were talking with their families that had coming into the locker room. I heard my name just before I turned my hair dryer on and saw in the mirror Emma running over towards me. I smiled towards her, placed my hair dryer down, turned around and hugged her.

“You were awesome tonight!” she cheered and I laughed and thanked her.

“Congrats on the goal, sweetie,” Dad said as he walked over towards me and then hugged me. I thanked him and then hugged my Mom and Nick next, “Where’s your brother?”

“Right there,” I said as I noticed him leaving the shower area. Mom, Dad and Nick left me to head to Mike and I turned around and started on my hair again, watching as Emma sat next to me and smiled. I laughed because she seemed to always like as I girled myself up.

When I finished doing my hair and makeup I packed up my things and then waited for everyone to be ready, Mike wasn’t because my parents were still talking to him. I felt someone lean against my back and turned my head to see Kris smiling at me.

“Hi,” I smiled and then stood up, “What are you doing tonight?”

“Some of the guys are going out to dinner, I’m gunna go with them,” he said and I nodded my head, “You?”

“Going out to dinner with my family,” I said and Emma stood up and placed her hand on my arm.

“I’m gunna go see what Mike’s doing,” she said and then walked away and I laughed at the fact that she was giving Kris and I some privacy; although, we were in the locker room, so there wasn’t much.

“When do your parents leave?” he asked and I smirked.

“They leave Sunday and Emma leaves Wednesday, I think she was supposed to leave Tuesday, but I got her a job interview on Monday, so she’s staying longer,” I said and Kris cocked his head to the side, I giggled because I thought it was cute and noticed that he did that a lot when he was confused, “She needs a job and doesn’t want to be in Texas anymore, so I asked Mario if he could give her an interview.”

“Cool, as what?”

“She’s a photographer,” I said and Kris smirked and nodded his head, getting what kind of job would go with that, “I told her if not with us, then I would try the Steelers or Pirates.”

“I’m sure Mario will give her a position,” Kris said and I nodded my head.

“There’s our two love birds!” I heard and then felt arms around my shoulders, “And our little star of the night!”

“Go away, Staalsy,” I laughed and pushed on his chest a little.

“Ouch Mags, I’m hurt that you would be that harsh to me,” he said, trying to sound hurt.

“Oh, you want to see harsh,” I smirked as I got out of his arm and stood in front of him, “I’ll show you harsh,” I said and he smirked and started to back up.

“Oh will you now?” he asked and wiggled his eyebrows, “Sorry Tanger, I’m gunna borrow her,” Jordan said and then wrapped his arms around my waist, picked me up and threw me over his shoulders.

“JORDAN!!!” I squealed and tried to pull down my dress so it wouldn’t ride up and I wouldn’t flash everyone, “Put me down!”

“Nope!” he said and I heard laughing and looked up, pulling my hair to the side and saw everyone was looking at us laughing.

“Jordan!” I yelled and found that he was carrying me out of the locker room.

“Staalsy,” I heard someone call in a soft voice.

“Hey Coach,” Jordan said.

“I don’t want to know,” Coach said and I scoffed.

“Coach, help!” I called and Coach shrugged his shoulders and smirked towards me, “Not cool!” Jordan carried me towards the ice, opened the door to where the bench was and then put me down, laughing. I tried to look like I was angry as I pulled down my dress since it rode up, but he saw right through it and I couldn’t help but laugh a little, “You’re a jerk,” I smirked and shook my head.

“But you still love me,” Jordan said and I rolled my eyes, “Right? Right? Right? Right?” he said as he poked at my sides.

“Yes! Ok, yes, I still love you, ya dork,” I laughed and Jordan wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me.

Jordan brought his head down to my ear, “Take care of Tanger, he really likes you.”

I looked up at Jordan surprised and then smiled, “I like him too.”

“I know,” Jordan said and then kissed my head.

“Was wondering where you took her,” I heard and Jordan and I looked to see Kris leaning against the door to the bench, smirking towards us, “Can I get her back now, Staalsy?”

“Yeah, you can have her,” Jordan said as he gave me a side up and kissed my head again.

“Thanks man,” Kris said as Jordan walked past him and Jordan patted Kris shoulder.

I giggled, shaking my head as Kris walked over towards me, looked behind his shoulder, seeing no one there, he wrapped his arms around my waist and then quickly pressed his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled back laughing, “Did you two plan that?”

“No,” Kris laughed, “But I’m not complaining that it happened.”

“I like the outcome,” I said and then pressed my lips against his again.

-Kris-
Some of the guys and I were at the nearest pub talking about the game today and among other things that guys talk about. Maggie was out with her family at a fancy steakhouse not far from the arena. I managed to get Maggie back to her family without them thinking anything other than teammates messing with their friend.

We all sat at a long table in the back of the restaurant, I sat in-between Fleury and Jordon. I took a swig of my beer and then felt my phone buzz telling me I had a text. I looked to see that it was from Maggie saying that she was attacked by fans at the restaurant that they went to. I smirked and sent a funny reply and then put my phone away.

“Tanger!” I heard and looked up to see Sidney looking at me and the others smirking.

“Dude, the grin on your face makes me think that you’re talkin’ to some chick,” Alex Goligoski said and I heard some of the guys snicker.

“Maybe he was!” Jordan said and I looked at him. He knew that Maggie and I were together and that we weren’t really ready to make it public yet, but I was also aware of the team having their suspicions of us.

“It Maggie?” Geno asked and I looked at him.

‘…So much for keeping it a secret for a little bit longer…’