Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Twenty One

A little chessy, but oh well =)

-Maggie-
After being attacked with friends and family, introducing them all to my teammates and them getting attacked by my stars struck family, we were starting to get the party started. My family did this for every holiday, most of the time it was at my parents place because they had the most room for everyone. They brought the big speakers out and played loud music for people to dance to, and then most of my cousins that were musically talented went onto stage and sang. Mike, Nick, Emma and I usually went up and sang something, but we didn’t feel like doing it this year.

“Your family is really talented,” Kris said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Most of the singers you’ll see, they’re all on my Mom’s side, she’s the side with the voice,” I said and Kris smiled towards me.

“So Dad’s hockey and Mom’s singing?” he asked and I laughed and nodded my head, “Got it- So wait, do you sing?”

“Sometimes, I don’t feel like it today,” I said and Kris shrugged and leaned back in his chair.

“Looks like they’re having fun,” Kris said and I followed his gaze to see some of my Aunts pulling Sidney, Tyler, Jordan, Marc and Brent to dance with them because they were standing around.

“Oh that’s rich,” I laughed and pulled out my phone and took a picture of it.

“Hey beautiful!” I heard quickly and jumped when I felt arms around me. I turned my head and saw my cousin, Amber.

“Geez, you scared the shit out of me,” I laughed and then stood up and hugged her, “How are you?”

“I’m fine, how’s Pittsburgh?”

“Awesome, Vancouver good to ya?” I asked and she laughed.

“Please, I moved out of that place a few months ago,” she said and I was surprised.

“I was not aware, where are you at now?”

“Toronto, got a new coach and team,” she smiled brightly.

“Wow, good for you, guess that means I have someone to visit when we play the Leafs,” I said and she laughed.

“I’m gunna go find my dad, he doesn’t know I’m here.”

“You just got here?” I asked and she nodded her head and then walked away.

“She play hockey too?” Kris asked and I shook my head.

“Figure skater, she tried hockey, didn’t like it,” I said and he looked surprised and I laughed, “She watches it and follows it, she just didn’t like playing it.”

“Oh, that makes more sense,” he said and I was confused, “A person in your family couldn’t not like hockey.”

“Oh,” I laughed and then watched my Mom come over and sit on the other side of me.

“Rumor has it that you and your brothers are going to perform tonight,” Mom said excitedly and I rolled my eyes.

“Nope, just a rumor,” I said and she sighed.

“Why not? Brandon, Kyle and Zack are going to be doing something, same with the girls,” she said and Kris nudged his shoulder into mine and I looked at him, he was smiling towards me, “Come on, do something, play that one from last year-“

“Ma!”

“You guys do something every year!”

“Maggie, Maggie, Maggie, Maggie!” I looked up surprised to see Max, Jordan, Tyler, Ben Lovejoy and Dustin Jeffrey running at me and standing in front of me.

“What?!” I laughed and hearing my Mom laugh too.

“We heard something!” Jordan said, smiling brightly.

“Yeah? What’d ya hear?”

“You sing,” Ben said and I rolled my eyes.

“Yup, You, your brothers and your friend do something,” Max said and I sighed, “You can’t deny it! You Aunt showed us a video from last year.”

I groaned and heard Kris chuckle, “Which one?”

“Come on, Maggie, even your teammates what you to!” Mom begged as she shook my shoulders.

I sighed and dropped my head in defeat, ‘…So much for not feeling like performing…’ I thought and looked at my teammates, “If you can get Mikey to do it. I know Emma and Nick will, but you get Mikey,” I sighed, “We’ll perform something.”

“Done!” the five said and then disappeared and I heard my Mom squealing next to me.

“So I get to hear you sing after all,” Kris smirked and I rolled my eyes.

“It’s nothing special, we have one or two original songs, but we usually just do mash ups,” I explained and he looked at me confused, “You don’t know what a mash up is?”

“No.”

“Oh, it’s when you take different songs and put them together,” I said and he didn’t look like he got it, “You’ll see what I mean.”

“Ok,” he said and I saw Emma walking over towards me.

“Nick went for the guitar, Mikey won’t do it,” Emma said and I sighed, “You know he’ll listen to you.”

“I know,” I muttered and then stood up and followed Emma to where my brother was.

Two of my cousins were currently on the little platform singing a cover of song old song. I found Mike surrounded by our begging teammates, he kept telling them no, but they didn’t understand that word. I laughed when I even saw Sidney asking him to do it.

“Mikey,” I called and everyone looked at me, “Grab the keyboard.”

“Really?” he whined and I nodded my head, “Dammit, fine.”

“Why you say yes to her and no to us?” Geno asked and I smirked and shook my head.

“Didn’t you want to do that piece for the triplets anyways?” Emma asked me and I sighed.

“Yeah, but just to them, not to everyone,” I said and Emma smiled. The triplets’ love this British band called One Direction, their birthday is in two days, we won’t be here, for it and we usually sing something for them, so Mike and I, in two days, made something for them. We hadn’t originally because we didn’t think we would be here this year.

When my cousins finished on the little platform, Nick had the guitar and a stool, my Uncle helped him with the microphone and Mike went on and set up the keyboard and it’s base, Nick put the microphone and the stand up in front of that.

“I really don’t want to do this,” I muttered and Emma laughed and patted my shoulder.

“What are we doing?” Mike asked as he came down and looked at me.

“We don’t have anything new for this,” I said and sighed, “Just do the mash up from the last year.”

“All right,” he said and we headed onto the platform and I watched as my teammates huddled closer to where we were.

I rolled my eyes and walked over towards the keyboard, Mike sat on the stool and propped the guitar on his lap, Emma and Nick grabbed two more stools and Nick threw Emma a mic.

“Mags,” Mike said and I looked at him, “Payphone or Cruise?”

“Payphone,” I said and he nodded his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nick: I’m at a payphone

Maggie: I threw a wish in the well, Don’t ask me, I’ll never tell I looked to you as it fell, And now you’re in my way, I trade my soul for a wish, Pennies and dimes for a kiss, I wasn’t looking for this, But now you’re in my way

Mike: I’ve wasted my nights, You turned out the lights, Now I’m paralyzed, Still stuck in that time, When we called it love, But even the sun sets in paradise

Nick: I’m at a payphone

Emma: Hey, I just met you, And this is crazy, But here’s my number

Mike and Nick: (Here’s my number)

Emma: So call me, maybe? It’s hard to look right, At you baaaaby, Here’s my number

Nick: I’m at a payphone trying to call home, All of my change I spent on you, Where have the times gone, Baby it’s all wrong, Where are the

All: Plans we made for two

Mike, Nick, and Emma: If happy ever after did exist

Maggie: (I’m wide awake)

Mike, Nick, and Emma: I would still be holding you like this

Maggie: (I’m wide awake)

Mike, Nick, and Emma: All those fairy tales are full of it

Maggie: (I’m wide awake)

Mike, Nick, and Emma: One more stupid love song I’ll be sick

Emma: Yea, falling from cloud nine

Maggie: (It was out of the blue I’m)

Emma: Crashing from the high

Maggie: (I wish I knew then

Emma: Letting go tonight

Maggie: what I know now wouldn’t dive in, Wouldn’t bow down)

Emma: Falling from cloud nine

Maggie: Star-ships are meant to fly, hands up and touch the sky, Let’s do this one last time, Let’s do this one more time

Mike, Nick, and Emma: One more time, one more time

All: Tonight, We are young, So let’s set the world on fire, We can burn brighter, Than the sun (x2), Tonight

Maggie: Call me maybe at a payphone wide awake and standing on a star-ship waiting while we’re young, tonight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled back from my keyboard and sighed, I smiled, I seemed to always feel pretty happy when I sing, same feeling I got when I was on the ice. I looked towards Mike and saw him smirking and looking towards his guitar, he didn’t want anyone to know that he got that feeling too.

“Maggie, Maggie, since that other one- You know, the one I like!” Mom yelled as she stood in front of Dad.

“Cruise?” I asked as I looked at Mike and he nodded his head, “Why not?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All: Baby, you a song, You make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise

Mike: In the beginning, I never thought it would be you, When we were chillin’ and smiling in the photobooth, We got closer

Nick: (Yeah)

Mike: Soon you were eating off my spoon, And coming over, And we would talk all afternoon

Nick: And it’s dark in a cold December, I’ve got you to keep me warm, If you’re broken, I will mend you, And I’ll keep you sheltered from the storm that’s raging on

Maggie: Tonight take me to the other side, Sparks fly like the Fourth of July, Just take me to the other side, I see that sexy look in your eyes

Maggie and Emma: And I know we ain’t friends anymore, If we walk down this road, We’ll be lovers for sure, So tonight kiss me like it’s do or die, And take me to the other side

Mike: I’m out of touch, I’m out of love, I’ll pick you up when you’re getting down, And out of all these things I’ve done, I think I love you better now

Emma: I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now(x2)

Maggie: I really wanna love somebody, I really wanna dance the night away, I know we’re only half way there, But you take me all the way, You take me all the way

Nick: If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy, If our love’s insanity, why are you my clarity

Maggie: Not really sure how to feel about it, Something in the way you move, It makes me feel like I can’t live without you, It takes me all the way, I want you to stay

Nick: If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy

Maggie: (I want you to stay)

Nick: If our love’s insanity, why are you my clarity

Maggie: (I want you to stay)

Emma: I’ve got my ticket for the long way ‘round, The one with the prettiest of views, And I sure would like some sweet company, And I’m leaving tomorrow, whatdya say

Mike: I need your love

Nick: If our love is tragedy

Maggie: I really wanna love somebody

Mike: I need your love

Nick: If our love’s insanity

Maggie: I really wanna love somebody

All: Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, hey, hey hey(x2)

Nick: Can we go back, this is the moment, Tonight is the night, we’ll fight ‘til it’s over, So we put our hands up like the ceiling can’t hold us, Like the ceiling can’t hold us

All: Can we go back, this is the moment, Tonight is the night, we’ll fight ‘til it’s over, So we put our hands up like the ceiling can’t hold us, Like the ceiling can’t hold us
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
Anthem Lights, a band that I've come to fall in love with, sings these covers!

First song
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=KKpnsMw7OqM[/youtube]

Second song
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=a5YYURaZvPE[/youtube]