Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Twenty Two

-Kris-
“So what’s the chance they’ll stop talking about it,” Maggie smirked as she leaned against me as we laid in bed together, watching the NHL channel. They were showing Maggie’s interview and showing how Tyler and Jordan were bothering her.

It was late Monday night, we were in Phoenix at our hotel, our game against the Coyetes was finished with another win under our belt. We left to head to Florida tomorrow morning for our game against the Panthers the next day, after that it was D.C for our game against the Capitals and then home for Christmas.

I heard the door opened and saw Tyler walk in, he smiled towards us and then walked over towards his bed and grabbed laptop and plopped on his bed.

“You didn’t go out, TK?” Maggie asked and Tyler shook his head.

“Most of them didn’t,” he said and I was surprised, “They’re all in Flower’s room, he brought his xbox.”

“Oh,” Maggie and I laughed.

“But, hey, Mags, you’re famous,” Tyler said and turned his laptop screen towards us and I saw that he was on youtube and showing the video of Maggie, Mike, Emma and Nick performing for their friends and family, “Just put up yesterday and you have over three thousand views.

“What?!” Maggie asked as she jumped up and looked at Tyler’s computer, “Who posted it?”

“Um,” Tyler looked at me and I smirked, “I don’t know.”

I watched Maggie scroll down, “Fuckin’ Staalsy,” she sighed and dropped her head, “I’m gunna kill him.”

“Why? You guys sound really good,” Tyler said and I smirked because she was, and ever since the guys found out that she could sing, they kept asking her to, and it was funny for Mike because they kept asking for him too, and then bust him for the fact that this tough defensemen had a really good voice.

Maggie sighed and then crawled back into bed and practically collapsed on top of me. I chuckled and patted her back, “You ok?”

“I’m tired,” she whined and I smirked and kissed her head.

“Look at this comment here- Oh wait, never mind, he’s askin’ to marry you, Mags,” Tyler chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“Ok, I think I’m gunna go to bed,” Maggie giggled as she pushed herself up and then headed for the door.

“Tanger, am I sleepin’ alone tonight or do I have to hear your snoring?” Tyler asked and Maggie laughed.

“For the record, you’re the one that snores, and I’ll be here, she’s roomin’ with Mike,” I said and Maggie sighed.

“Unless, you want to room with him, TK,” Maggie said and Tyler rolled his eyes and laid back on his bed.

“I’m fine right where I’m at,” he said and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“All right, night boys,” Maggie said and then left.

I sighed and then laid back and then rolled onto my stomach and hugged the pillow, that is, until Tyler started to talk to me. I picked my head up and looked at him, “What?” not hearing what he said.

“I said, you two look good together,” he said and then turned his computer towards me and I saw a picture of Maggie and I. It was at her parents on Saturday, it was later because it was dark out, she stood in front of me and I was behind her, my arms wrapped loosely around her shoulders and my head on her shoulder, “You’re lucky.”

“You and Olivia having problems again?” I asked because he and his longtime girlfriend were always arguing.

“When aren’t we having problems,” he scoffed and I looked up towards the ceiling.

“Why not dump her then?” I asked and he sighed and shrugged his shoulder.

“We’ve been together for so long,” he said and I nodded my head.

-Maggie-
“Finally,” I breathed out as I walked through the door to my house, “It’s so good to be home.”

“I know,” Mike smiled as he followed me into my house so that he could get his dog, Stanley.

It was Christmas Eve morning and we had just gotten back from our week long away game trip, winning all of them. We won against the Stars, Coyotes, Panthers and Captials, we were a happy team.

I walked to the kitchen to see the gate up and seeing Stanley, Jazz and Bella waiting for us, tails wagging. I smiled and walked over towards them and opened the gate, “Hi guys! Did you miss your Momma?” I asked and bent down to pet Jazz and Bella. I stood up and then walked towards the back door to lets them outside to run around, they were going to enjoy the freshly fallen snow.

I looked and saw a card on the kitchen counter and opened it to see that it was a Christmas card from my neighbors. I heard Mike ask what it was and I showed it to him, he smiled and then walked outside to play with the dogs. I looked at the card again and I smiled seeing that it was from the daughter that I paid to watch over the dogs when I was away. As I put the card down, I heard my phone going off in my pocket and saw Kris calling me.

“Hello,” I smiled as I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder.

“What time are you leaving for Mario’s?” he asked because Mario was having a Christmas party at his place for everyone.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was ten in the morning, the party wasn’t until five, and it didn’t take long to get to the Lemieux estate, “Probably four thirty, maybe five, we don’t have to be there exactly at five,” I said and then walked over towards the door and saw Stan, Jazz and Bella jumping in the snow, I smiled because they looked so funny, “It’s casual right?”

“Yeah, I’m just wearing jeans and a button up shirt,” he said and I yawned, “Tired?”

“Yeah, you?”

“Of course,” he chuckled, “I’m just getting ready to take a nap. What are you doing?”
I giggled, “Watching the pups play in the snow, and watching Mike throw snowballs at my dogs.”

“Fun,” Kris chuckled.

“You should bring Hulk over so they can all play,” I smiled and hopped onto the counter.

“When? Sounds like a good idea,” he chuckled, “Kids can have a play date.”

“Now,” I smiled, “Mike will leave soon with his dog and the kids and parents can play.”

“I’ll be over soon,” he said quickly and I laughed and we both said bye and hung up.

-Kris-
I was in sweats and a hoodie, my good clothes in my bag, Hulk in the backseat ready to play. I pulled into Maggie’s driveway and grabbed my bag and Hulk’s leash and got out of the car. I opened the back down and grabbed Hulk’s leash before he could jump out and hooked the leash to him, “Come on, boy.”

We walked to the front door and before I could knock, Maggie opened it with a smile, “Hi.”

“Hi,” I smiled back and quickly pressed my lips against hers, before we were interrupted by Hulk wanting to jump on her, “Down boy,” Maggie moved out of the way and we walked into the house, I took my shoes off because they had snow on them and then unhooked Hulk, “Where are the kids?” I chuckled and Maggie smiled and motioned me to follow her into the kitchen.

“They’re still outside playing in the snow,” she said and I looked out the door to see that Mike was still here, “I’m surprised he’s not frozen yet.”

I opened the door to let Hulk out and he darted forward and jumped into the snow. I felt arms around my waist and felt Maggie lean against my back. I chuckled when I saw Mike fall into the snow because the dogs were chasing him.

“Your brother’s really a dog person,” I said and Maggie giggled and nodded her head.

“I did say that the kids were going to play,” she said and I looked at her and smiled, “Here is comes,” Maggie said and I looked back to see Mike giving up.

We walked out of the way and Maggie hopped up onto the counter and I leaned against the counter across from her. The door opened and Mike walked into the house, his clothes covered in snow, “Frosty’s real!”

“Shut up,” Mike glared at me and I smirked, hearing Maggie laugh, “I’m fuckin’ cold.”

“I would think so,” Maggie said and Mike rolled his eyes.

Mike called his dog and then they headed out, going back to their place down the street. When Mike left, I walked over towards Maggie, stepped in-between her legs, placed my hands on her thighs and pressed my lips against hers. I felt her hands cup my neck and press her body against mine.

We pulled apart to hear barking and saw the dogs waiting at the door; Maggie giggled and hopped off the counter, put the gate up and then walked over towards the door and opened it, letting the three dogs into the house.

“I’ll leave them in the kitchen, its tile, easy clean up,” she said and I nodded my head and saw that the dogs were tracking in snow. Maggie closed the door and then we both climbed over the gate, leaving the dogs to play in the big kitchen, “Now for the parents to play,” she smiled as she took my hand and headed for the stairs.

“We should have these play dates more often.”